Dak’s brother says we couldn’t win without him

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Ummmm....what has Dallas won with his brother? Sounds like his brother is only trying to win by himself in hopes of leaching off Dak.
What was Dak’s record as a starter with Dallas? How does that compare with other QB’s in that time span?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Do you think they've backed off to 4 since this was the tag year?

I don't. I mean, it's not a money thing, it's a cap thing. The dynamics of the cap don't change, particularly over the next few years, with the impact of Covid and we still don't know what the new TV deals will look like, so I'd have to say no.

The one thing that could change is Jerry I suppose. We can't account for stupidity and I certainly hope that doesn't strike but you never know. Bottom line, all you really have to do is look at the Romo years to see how this will go. Same agent, same plan, same old concept and same probable results. Decent QB, not the best in the NFL but certainly above average, always on the verge of the playoffs, sometimes making it but never being good enough as a team to win a championship or even make a Super Bowl.

I mean, we've seen this all before. I just don't get how people can't see this coming.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Right up until it was a must win, win or go home situation. Then Dalton screwed the pooch. So much for needing time to get comfortable. Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.
If Dalton is given 2-3 fumbles by the defense a game he is really, really good!

Reactions: G2

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This conversation is not all that different then the one we had about Quincy Carter or Tony Romo. I've heard it so many times, "Pay The Man!", but what if we had payed Quincy when everybody said we should? What if we had given him big money? He got a little over 3 mil and managed to get himself out of the league. Imagine if he had gotten real money.....

Tony Romo got real money, twice. He got paid big money twice and how many championships do we have to show for it? It's not because Tony wasn't good enough, that wasn't it. Tony was good enough but the problem was that the team wasn't and a lot of that is because we had a big cap problems, we were always going cheap in certain areas. That was the beginning of, "We like our guys......."

At some point, you gotta deal with the reality of it. I don't believe in paying cap breaking money to QBs, even if they are good enough to be real difference makers in the NFL but truth is, there are only 2 or 3 of those in most years. The rest are just not that good. I see no sense in paying that kind of money to QBs wo can't be that guy.

I guess those who believe we should and those, like I, who don't see the logic, will probably never see eye to eye.

Shocking.............

Again it is absolutely mind numbingly crazy that MULTIPLE people have the thought process of "well this player is good enough to win it all, but OTHER players/coaches around him aren't so we shouldn't keep the player that is good enough.

Real people who were able to create an account are using that logic and the OP of the thread is agreeing with it.

Shocking.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
People didn't learn that valuable lesson the first time.

Hopefully they pay attention this time..

The worst part about this though.. I think the Jones's know they would be screwing up our chances of winning but are too afraid to not bow down to Dak's demands.

As long as we're relevant they are fine.

They absolutely do know. That is what I really kinda put faith in. I hope it's not misplaced, again. Jerry knows better then anybody why this is a bad plan, to go all in on whatever number is asked. He's seen this before, with this same agent.

If he does this again, then that tells you everything you need to know about the state of Jerry, Stephen as the future of this organization and the commitment to winning.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They absolutely do know. That is what I really kinda put faith in. I hope it's not misplaced, again. Jerry knows better then anybody why this is a bad plan, to go all in on whatever number is asked. He's seen this before, with this same agent.

If he does this again, then that tells you everything you need to know about the state of Jerry, Stephen as the future of this organization and the commitment to winning.

They caved into Zeke even after getting rid of Murray and Ware at the right time.

I thought we had turned the corner there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is definitely my biggest issue.

Remember at the beginning of the season, there were numerous threads claiming our DL was top 3 in the league. TOP 3!?!?I got landblasted since I disagreed with @stasheroo and @CowboyRoy . We all saw how that turned out.

I would be very curious to see that thread. This is numerous times you have called me out on it, and I cry BS all the way.

I recall thinking that after we signed McCoy that our line had POTENTIAL to be a good. That would have been with a healthy Lawrence, McCoy, Poe, and Gregory in the fold with a full offseason.

In no way did I claim that we were 100% top 3 and after McCoy went down, Lawrence was gimpy and Gregory wasnt reinstated, there is no way in hell I said anything like that.

In fact, once McCoy went down, that was it for me.

Either produce it or shut it.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Right up until it was a must win, win or go home situation. Then Dalton screwed the pooch. So much for needing time to get comfortable. Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

A qb off the bench, in a new system with new players, is gonna take time to get his legs. It's science. And anyway, Dak screws the pooch too, for 40 million more a year. Next!

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I don't. I mean, it's not a money thing, it's a cap thing. The dynamics of the cap don't change, particularly over the next few years, with the impact of Covid and we still don't know what the new TV deals will look like, so I'd have to say no.

The one thing that could change is Jerry I suppose. We can't account for stupidity and I certainly hope that doesn't strike but you never know. Bottom line, all you really have to do is look at the Romo years to see how this will go. Same agent, same plan, same old concept and same probable results. Decent QB, not the best in the NFL but certainly above average, always on the verge of the playoffs, sometimes making it but never being good enough as a team to win a championship or even make a Super Bowl.

I mean, we've seen this all before. I just don't get how people can't see this coming.

DAL doesn’t have the money to sign Dak even with a massive amount of hijinks and shenanigans and be able to field a plain bad team. And slowly over the next coming months that’s what’s going to be made more and more apparent by DAL media and the Cowboys FO.

khiladi

Reaction score
Let’s simplify this to Dak-stans:

Dak was wasting a completely talented roster, including the most dominant OL in the league, for five years. He wasn’t carrying anybody, as is attested by how garbage he was in 2017 when Zeke was suspended and when Cooper wasn’t playing.

The Cleveland Browns in ONE YEAR with a revamped line and RG done by Callahan, led by a mediocre QB in Baker Mayfield went 11 and freaking 5 with the 21st ranked scoring defense in the league. None of us “Dak haters” actually think Baker Mayfield is good. Mr “Top 5 QB” Dak hasn’t even sniffed 11-5 since his rookie year, despite having an all pro line and RG for four of his five years even though EVERY YEAR Dak has had a minimum, top 15 ranked scoring defense, and in 2018 the sixth ranked defense . So Baker Mayfield has had a way worse defense that Dak, but is sitting here at 11-5 in a much tougher division that includes the Ravens and Steelers, twice a year.

What we “Dak-haters” stated is that any decent QB, including Andy Dalton, could win with all that much talent around him. It was and IS the QB that was holding us back. What we did not state is ‘any QB’ could win with an OL completely shot, to the point that every guy on that line is a third-string back, up with a defense whose LBs are essentially crippled and can’t put themselves in position to stop the run.

Now here is the summary:

We now essentially have to rebuild, because we wasted a SB window baby-sitting this mediocre QB. And Dak-stans are the ones trying to say it was Dak carrying this roster.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
Do you think that example helps your case to pay Dak? lol

Of course they're going to struggle now. Had to trade Hopkins too.

What is Dallas going to have to give up? Nothing? We're just going to build a utopian football team that has great everything while paying the QB?
Are you remedial?

We had one of the worst defenses in NFL history through 5 weeks and Dak’s entire OL was decimated by injury. Starting TE out for the year after Week 1.

Is that enough “adversity” for you, clown?

(Oh, and it’s not “my case”. Every single respected NFL analyst, whether ex-player or coach, believes Dak is a damn good QB worth keeping around. Don’t forget for even one second that know-nothings like you represent a VERY small minority of people who aren’t to be taken seriously.)
:lmao2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Are you remedial?

We had one of the worst defenses in NFL history through 5 weeks and Dak’s entire OL was decimated by injury. Starting TE out for the year after Week 1.

Is that enough “adversity” for you, clown?

Dalton had it worse while quarterbacking a team in chaos and still managed to get results like Dak.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dalton had it worse while quarterbacking a team in chaos and still managed to get results like Dak.
You’re an idiot. We led the NFL in takeaways during our win streak under Dalton.

But he “had it worse”?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Status
Not open for further replies.