Dak’s dog could receive death penalty

Reaction score
As a pitbull owner, this is always my big fear. I take great pains so this kind of situation never arises, but nobody is perfect.
A couple of years ago here in town a 5 year old girl had half her face chewed off after growing up with the dog since birth.

Her mother was downstairs doing laundry when the dog flipped out. Nobody ever figured out why.

Those dogs are just too unpredictable. No owner can watch any dog 24/7/365.

Reaction score
What Dak should do is have his dogs properly trained.
Even properly trained pit bulls can be dangerous. See my post above.

Their unpredictable behavior is natural to them and developed over centuries. Training certainly helps, but it only takes one incident for trouble to pop up. Proper training only gets them so far. At some point, their natural instincts can overwhelm any training, no matter how good.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
According to the original TMZ article -

According to the Frisco Police Dept., officials received a call from a neighbor on Monday around 10:51 AM to report a loose pit bull fighting with another dog through a fence. The neighbor claims she tried to intervene and break up the fight -- but Dak's dog snapped at her

Why did this lady try to break up two dogs fighting?

John813

Reaction score
According to the original TMZ article -

Why did this lady try to break up two dogs fighting?

Yea, not the best move unless it was her dog that was being attacked.

Years ago we had two GSD dogs, both female, get into a fight cause they were both Alpha... my dad went to try to break it up and maybe just a reaction move, one bit him till they realized who they tried to bite. Never seen a dog get so small before. But point is it's not wise trying to break up a couple dogs fighting. They are amped up.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Daks dog could receive death penalty

whiskers-sam.jpg

I can be man's best friend too. HSSSSSS!

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Even properly trained pit bulls can be dangerous. See my post above.

Their unpredictable behavior is natural to them and developed over centuries. Training certainly helps, but it only takes one incident for trouble to pop up. Proper training only gets them so far. At some point, their natural instincts can overwhelm any training, no matter how good.

Any properly trained dogs can be dangerous, not just pit bulls.

The reason there are a lot of pit attacks is because they are the most abused dogs in the world, and insanely overpopulated. I would not be surprised if Prescott's dog is a shelter dog that was abused like many other pit bulls.

Statistically, Chihuahuas, Dachshunds, Chow Chows, Doberman Pinschers, Dalmatians, Rottweilers, Jack Russell Terriers, and German Shepherds are more likely to carry "aggressive" traits than pit bulls, on an individual basis. But when a Chihuahua bites someone, it obviously isn't going to do the damage of a giant, strong-jawed pitbull.

DFWJC

Reaction score
As a pitbull owner, this is always my big fear. I take great pains so this kind of situation never arises, but nobody is perfect.
Knowing this, why exactly do you own a pitbull?

Don't get me wrong, I have friends that own them and swear by them. Happy, fun, playoff dogs.
I also have a friend who had a "oh so nice Pit" that bit half the hand off of his niece...out of nowhere. At least it wasn't her face. Still, that family has never been the same.