Dak’s dog could receive death penalty

cern

Reaction score
I love dogs. so this whole incident seems so tragic to me. but at the end of the day, animals are animals and need to be controlled. Siegfried and roy still defend the tiger that almost ripped roy's throat out. the guy that trained the grizzly so often seen in the movies watched in horror as it killed his brother while supposedly playing. you can't blame the animal for acting out what millions of years of evolution has engrained into its brain.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love dogs. so this whole incident seems so tragic to me. but at the end of the day, animals are animals and need to be controlled. Siegfried and roy still defend the tiger that almost ripped roy's throat out. the guy that trained the grizzly so often seen in the movies watched in horror as it killed his brother while supposedly playing. you can't blame the animal for acting out what millions of years of evolution has engrained into its brain.
Same here and I see people defending pit bulls all the time but there is a very good reason why they're the most often mentioned in attacks.

Any animal is the responsibility of the owner, in this case it is Prescott's fault for his dog getting out and unfortunately, the dog might have to pay for that. I have friends that own two pit bulls and they said they're really sweet but the biggest hassle of owning them is making sure they don't get the chance to get in trouble. They're not really sure how they'd respond to stimuli and they don't have kids. They wouldn't have them around kids. I still don't know why they chose that breed with so many others, they always put them up when they have company.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
What Dak should do is have his dogs properly trained.
Well, if the #4 could've only got a hold of the former #13's pit bull
" Blitz " and learned it's secrets in maintaining it's pitbull cool of doglike nature,all the while itself having been captured & held fer' ransom by an organization of conniving crack-heads,,,and,,, somehow imparted this learnered form of elavated pit bull demeanor ,,,this would've never transpired to begin with,,oh,why Dak,OH Why?
:banghead:o_O:banghead:

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Even properly trained pit bulls can be dangerous. See my post above.

Their unpredictable behavior is natural to them and developed over centuries. Training certainly helps, but it only takes one incident for trouble to pop up. Proper training only gets them so far. At some point, their natural instincts can overwhelm any training, no matter how good.

SoupcanSam hates Dak so anything Dak-Related he will find a way to blame Dak on. You are right though. They have minds of their own and training can only go so far.

superonyx

Reaction score
Any properly trained dogs can be dangerous, not just pit bulls.

The reason there are a lot of pit attacks is because they are the most abused dogs in the world, and insanely overpopulated. I would not be surprised if Prescott's dog is a shelter dog that was abused like many other pit bulls.

Statistically, Chihuahuas, Dachshunds, Chow Chows, Doberman Pinschers, Dalmatians, Rottweilers, Jack Russell Terriers, and German Shepherds are more likely to carry "aggressive" traits than pit bulls, on an individual basis. But when a Chihuahua bites someone, it obviously isn't going to do the damage of a giant, strong-jawed pitbull.
These stats are misleading. Its not just the bite that is the issue.
Pit bulls are unlike most 'aggressive' breeds. Even dogs that are bred to fight that are not pit bulls. The pit bull is different in they will fight to the death. Even with a leg bitten off they will continue to go for the kill. Most fighting breeds stop when the dog they are fighting is no longer able to stand. Not pits. They keep coming.

I dont blame them for being them. But I also dont feel that most people should be allowed to own an animal that carries this level of danger.

btw...I am clearly a huge dog lover and very knowledgeable about most breeds.

I feel for Dak in this case as well. A tragedy all around.

superonyx

Reaction score
I've never understood why anyone would want a pit bull as a pet, when there are so many wonderful breeds that are bred to make ideal companion animals.
My take is that many of the people who choose pit bulls are doing it because they are intrigued by the dogs stigma of dangerous.
If someone was looking for a pet there are so many choices of dogs that would never bite you. Its like the guy who keeps a pet snake. Or the girl that dates the guy everyone knows is trouble.
I have a 11 month old lab puppy (not the dog in my sig). I doubt if my motivation for getting a family dog for me and my children is the same as the guy who chooses a pit bull.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Victim blaming..
Nice..

Maybe she wasnt comfortable with her family per being mauled to death in front of her.

One problem: that wasn't what was happening.

Cops determined the pit bull -- along with another dog that got on the neighbor's property -- belonged to the Dallas Cowboys QB and had escaped his house while he wasn't home.

Investigators determined the dogs got out through an unsecured door.

Both dogs belong to Dak.

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2019/02/26/dak-prescott-dog-quarantined-bite-neighbor/

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Even properly trained pit bulls can be dangerous. See my post above.

Their unpredictable behavior is natural to them and developed over centuries. Training certainly helps, but it only takes one incident for trouble to pop up. Proper training only gets them so far. At some point, their natural instincts can overwhelm any training, no matter how good.
At a certain point it should probably be considered abuse to even ask a pitbull to be domesticated . They are what they are. We should adjust. Not them

Melonfeud

Reaction score
SoupcanSam hates Dak so anything Dak-Related he will find a way to blame Dak on. You are right though. They have minds of their own and training can only go so far.
Ya,I know he does, although, having just most recently removed him from ignore/ deep freezer mode& decided to befriend him instead,,,as,,, just exactly what is up with this
" eruptioned umbrage of internal emotions& reactive responses,,,er,,,ya know,anyway? o_O

superonyx

Reaction score
One problem: that wasn't what was happening.

Cops determined the pit bull -- along with another dog that got on the neighbor's property -- belonged to the Dallas Cowboys QB and had escaped his house while he wasn't home.

Investigators determined the dogs got out through an unsecured door.

Both dogs belong to Dak.

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2019/02/26/dak-prescott-dog-quarantined-bite-neighbor/
I still don't see any reason to blame the victim.
And both dogs involved in the 'fighting' were did not belong to Dak. The report says both dogs running free in the neighborhood belonged to Dak.
One of Daks dogs was trying to get to another dog through the fence. Could be some little old lady trying to stop the Pit from tearing her lap dog to shreds.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
They make great catch dogs for all you wild hog hunters. They will latch on and not let go. Other than that I got no use for 'em. Too many other trustworthy breeds out there.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Not really. My beagle means more to me then any human outside my family...
Beagles/Bassett hound breeds definitely hold a favorable spot in my heart,,,as I always had one or the other( or a crossbreed of both/ there was a big dose of foxhound in one that was Tenaciously hellbent awesome when on track or holed) as a kid growing up

* I recall( back in my school youth days) going rabbit huntin' with a high school basketball player who was a year older than me ONCE, who'd just gotten a new beagle dog,,, and didn't want to 'run' his dog with mine, so, mine stayed home,,,anyway, this psychotic weird S.O.B. got so pissed-off at that dog he'd just shotgun blasted it dead,,,,Man ,Alive,,, I'd thumbed the hammer back on that Winchester #37 single barrel to ****in' shoot that S.O.B.,,, but didn't follow thru it,,,ya know?o_O

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My vet in Dallas would not treat pit bulls that he had not treated from a pup because he knew the other vet in Dallas that was attacked while treating one and he said there are very sweet pit bulls and are docile even around a bunch of kids but he said something interesting. He said "that's a breed that knowing the owner is more important than the dog. I have to wonder about why they chose a dog with the reputation they have".

erod

Reaction score
Pit Bulls aren't much different than wolves. They're unpredictable, no matter how they're raised.

If you're not the owner, and you see one loose, you likely have a problem.

They should be illegal. They can kill a child in a drop of a hat.

Unfortunately, packs of them that roam free in South Dallas.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beagles/Bassett hound breeds definitely hold a favorable spot in my heart,,,as I always had one or the other( or a crossbreed of both) as a kid growing up

* I recall( back in my school youth days) going rabbit huntin' with a high school basketball player who was a year older than me ONCE, who'd just gotten a new beagle dog,,, and didn't want to 'run' his dog with mine, so, mine stayed home,,,anyway, this psychotic weird S.O.B. got so pissed-off at that dog he'd just shotgun blasted it dead,,,,Man ,Alive,,, I'd thumbed the hammer back on that Winchester #37 single barrel to ****in' shoot that S.O.B.,,, but didn't follow thru it,,,ya know?o_O
Glad I was never in that position because I wouldn't hesitate. I like dogs a hell of a lot more than most people and anyone that would shoot one, I'd send to hell pronto pronto. Probably wrong by some people's standards but those are the people I don't like anyway.