Dak’s dog could receive death penalty

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Well at least we know he actually had a dog unlike Lucky Whitehead :muttley:. Didn't Lucky claim his was stolen? Probably a rat dog that fit in a purse lol
Ya, his pit was dogknapped by fiendishly shrewd crack headed dogknappers,,,er,,,and ingeniously being held fer' Ransom,,, they prolly slid that dogs severed dew claws along with detailed instructions for the cash delivery "drop" under Lucky's front door at 3 a.m. or something,,,o_O

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Ya, his pit was dogknapped by fiendishly shrewd crack headed dogknappers,,,er,,,and ingeniously being held fer' Ransom,,, they prolly slid that dogs severed dew claws along with detailed instructions for the cash delivery "drop" under Lucky's front door at 3 a.m. or something,,,o_O

Note* no animals were harmed while making this film ahaha

kskboys

Reaction score
And require liability insurance for at least $100,000 on the animal.

Like owning a car..

you must have insurance or your licence is voided.

That will still not stop some people..

but something should be done.

I lost my Golden Retriever in November from a pit bull attack at a dog park.

She died 5 days later from infections the vet could not stop.

I am still looking for the owner at the dog park to hand her the bill for $500 it cost me to treat and cremate her.

When I went to the city who ran the dog park..

they told me there were signs posted saying there is no liability if you use the park.

I read them and there a single type written page with the park rules.

Nobody reads this.

Obviously..crap happens.

I know better now.

:thumbdown:
That sign means next to nothing. A decent lawyer would have them by the nuts.

kskboys

Reaction score
I fully understand yer' angle, and while some Laws are good & some are merely grounded in feel good intentions, there's two tons of Laws too many on the books the way it is already,ya know? & how is implementing a new law going to thwart a particular breed of dog's known & inherent proclivities for flipping out and going into attack mode? A law isn't gonna be a bother to the dog, or, more than likely , to the element of society who favor owning that particular breed to begin with,I'm thinking.
It will.

Kinda like owning a tiger. Must be licensed. Why? Critter is dangerous. What's the difference?

kskboys

Reaction score
You can blame the owners and should blame the owners. Pit Bulls instinctively bite and hold on with every ounce of strength they have. All it takes is one moment of anger and someone could get seriously injured. Anyone with a child and a Pit Bull is playing with Fire.
True, but blaming the owners doesn't reduce the dangers.

What's next, the guy who owns a pet rattlesnake should be allowed to take him to the park? Even if the rattlesnake kills someone, it's OK because it's the owner's fault, right?

Listen to yourselves. Is it still going to be OK if it's your kid/nephew/friend?

JayFord

Reaction score
This may sound stupid

But is it possible dak can be suspended for this?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Your a millionaire, buy a pit bull,let it run loose ,it bites someone,
I have to say that is quite stupid, which makes me wonder
if he is as smart as I thought he was, smart enough to be a good NFL QB.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak had the money and resources to get his dogs well trained OR to get them contained so this didn't happen. It happened 3 times, yes? Two warnings, third time it ended up harming another dog and a human.

Dak is not only a mediocre QB, he's a stupid person. It's all on him and whoever he left the dogs to care for while he was away. Don't blame the person trying to protect her dog.
None of which has any bearing on my comment-just your editorialization!

Don’t break up a dog fight and expect not to get bit, Don’t blame the dog if you do get bit in that situation! That was my point ,has nothing to do with Dak and his training of the dog or his fences

mattjames2010

Reaction score
None of which has any bearing on my comment-just your editorialization!

Don’t break up a dog fight and expect not to get bit, Don’t blame the dog if you do get bit in that situation! That was my point ,has nothing to do with Dak and his training of the dog or his fences

The dog is to blame - it did the attacking.

And, yet again, you're attempting to blame the woman for trying to protect HER DOG from her neighbors uncontrolled animal. Again, you can easily say this because you're not emotionally attached to the dog, but that's simply not how it works. There is a good reason we have laws protecting dogs and brutality against this - it's due to humans having an emotional connection to dogs that has been created through hundreds of years of bonding.

The woman did nothing wrong but trying to protect her dog from a hostile dog next door. End of. Stop trying to spin this. NEXT.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It will.

Kinda like owning a tiger. Must be licensed. Why? Critter is dangerous. What's the difference?
In some states they have now changed the rules on Pits. Way more legal liability/risk own one in certain places.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
That sign means next to nothing. A decent lawyer would have them by the nuts.
I know.

But I just stay away from that stuff going forward.

Corso had some good comments about it.

I had a big fight with my vet.

When she collapsed on me..

I realized she was in despairate trouble.

His assistant told me my vet was unavailable.

I told them she problem needed to be put down as she was suffering.

Punkin weighed 110 lbs and I could not pick her up by myself to take her anywhere.

His assistants shugged and there was nothing they could do.

I went back home and nursed her as best I could and stayed up all night talking to her.

About 6am she whimpered loudly and exhaled a deep breath and she was gone.

I sat and held her for 2 hours and told her how much I loved her and told her her story about how we met and all the good times.

I begged her forgiveness I had failed him in the end.

I would not talk to anybody for a week.

I went back to the vet and he was there and I read him the riot act.

He had to ask me to leave as customers were arriving and could heard what I was saying about his lack of care and letting my dog die like that.

I left finally.

It had been a freaking horrible week.

But I am looking for another Golden as I miss the companionship.

We will see

Last edited: