Dak’s Inaccurate Myth is just that, a Myth

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's much easier to throw when your winning. Where were these passes in the 49ers game? It's a shame we're not sitting together I could lead you around by your ear and kick you in the rear end.
:huh:

that made zero sense. nada. maybe you are winning because you played good. made good throws... I don't know, maybe its just me.....but usually when you play good, you get better results.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak is whatever. Stop it with these Pom Pom threads.

We’ll go as far as our run game and Parsons can carry us. Dak is not that big of a factor unless he starts throwing a ton which means we will likely lose.
Hes correct, all the He cant read defenses is also 100% true they were talking about how good hes been with Pre snap reads, changing plays, , handing the blitz, and for sure no way hes inaccurate. simply, hes NOT. not perfect,

haters don't like Dak, so when hes not perfect they nitpick every mistake as if other qbs dont make them..they all do..I saw Aikman have 20Td to 14ints type regular seasons. Hes supposed to be one of the best and made many mistakes.
so, Daks NOT Elite, not many are ..hes damn good starting QB..

blueblood70

Reaction score
True.

His biggest issue has been diagnosing coverage he's not familiar with.

I just want Dak to play more like Cooper Rush. And then everything will fall in place.

He's not inaccurate. His issue is trying to carry too much. When he does that, he's not very good. When he takes the Cooper Rush approach, he does great.

In fact, I'd say Dak has a good arm, and good accuracy, most of the time.
Hes so much better than Coper Rush its not worth debating., see the post with the graph, it doesn't lie, our offense went from bottom 10 to top 10 that big deal.. Rush needed our D to be elite and carry the team along with the Sts , Dak can put up so many more points it covers some games up with not so great defense.

Brax

Reaction score
so 2017 is all you need. his second year in the league, he didn't meet your expectations, thus that's it. done. he is not going to be any good. its over. dump him. he is inconsistent. oookkk then
Never said that, read again, “body of work”, since 2017, where did I say dump him? Consistent yes, shows up for poor teams has problems against better teams. You like many read a small portion then add your own twist to change what was said. If you’re happy with his consistency a stellar play every week that’s fine , he’s the cowboys QB for 2 more seasons and based on the last 6 years I expect more of the same and I’m glad you’re happy that he’s consistently inconsistent and meets all your expectations, some of us expect more from a franchise QB.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's much easier to throw when your winning. Where were these passes in the 49ers game? It's a shame we're not sitting together I could lead you around by your ear and kick you in the rear end.
You could try.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hes correct, all the He cant read defenses is also 100% true they were talking about how good hes been with Pre snap reads, changing plays, , handing the blitz, and for sure no way hes inaccurate. simply, hes NOT. not perfect,

haters don't like Dak, so when hes not perfect they nitpick every mistake as if other qbs dont make them..they all do..I saw Aikman have 20Td to 14ints type regular seasons. Hes supposed to be one of the best and made many mistakes.
measuring any QB in a silo, demanding perfection and nitpicking is going to tear that QB apart. well, except maybe 2 of them.

shabazz

Reaction score

We could raise enough money here for you and your extended family to fly to Hawaii and get that little job done…………there’d probably be enough left over to get you a few beers at the Airport bar too.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The haters expect him to be perfect. No QB is.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

And here I thought it was much easier to throw when you're way behind and the other team is in prevent for the whole game.. Can't believe I lost the goalpost again..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We could raise enough money here for you and your extended family to fly to Hawaii and get that little job done…………there’d probably be enough left over to get you a few beers at the Airport bar too.
I’ll be waiting.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So the last 7 games you liked? Against the scubs good Dak better teams the bad Dak, and that playoff game really impressive QB play, keep propping him up with the excuses. Look at the body of work since 2017 a very inconsistent QB except when playing the weak teams, but I get it everyone’s fault but Dak, if it’s not a injury excuse that miraculous heals for scub team to set a record it’s the OL, WRs TE, RBs , OC, defense or all else fails it’s the crooked refs, you guys make me laugh and I have to wonder if you actually watch the game or just look at the stat line, some weeks top 10 other weeks it’s bottom end, keep those homer Dak glasses on I always enjoy your views wrong as thy are most of the time. If Dak is still tied with Tebow for playoff wins at seasons end what will be your byline then? It will be a fun watch and reading everyone’s take and remember it’s only year 7 with Dak he’s working hard to get better and learn from those failures.

I'm still waiting on that 3 game "played like a bottom 5 QB" stretch... Dance around till the band is all dead.. but you won't post any evidence to back up your claims.. Because you can't.. it doesn't exist. But we all know you will never let reality get in the way of your narrative. So color me done with you and your nonsense.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
:laugh:statistics "prove" Kirk Cousins is one of the greatest QBs of all time. You believe that, OP?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thankyou
This made me laugh more than your normal drivel.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
First off your labeling is just plain lazy and one-sided. If you want to label one side the extreme, you have to also do the other side... since there are plenty of people who are in the gray area.

Second, accuracy is open for interpretation. A pro qb can call a pass accurate, while a couch potato who lacks any football knowledge can call the same pass trash... and vice-versa.
What would you suggest? Dak praiser? Dak supporter? I tried to avoid Dak slobberer or more extreme labels. Homer seemed pretty tame. I guess not.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
:laugh:statistics "prove" Kirk Cousins is one of the greatest QBs of all time. You believe that, OP?

No statistics prove that he is one of the most efficient passers of all time. Which frankly might be true. However there is more to playing the position of QB than just passing stats. People who do not understand that really can't be helped.

jrumann59

Reaction score
22 of 25....a pass is 6 inches off and he is inaccurate...got it...

show me a QB whose throws have been perfect and that they led their recievers each time to lead to TDs and extended runs...

come on man
No one expects perfection, but he does have issues with certain throws, his throw to the sideline to Lamb was probably one of the most perfect passes I have seen him throw. Accuracy in the NFL is about consistency, just because you get it to a receiver where he has a chance to catch the ball is not accuracy. Accuracy is not just completion percentage, awesome he gets it to a guy but if he is supposed to hit the guy in stride and throws behind him is that really "accurate" even though the guy stopped and reached back and caught it. Not every throw will be on target but a lot of his throws are late, low, behind his receivers that is not accuracy.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Every denier here always brings up that Dak isn’t an accurate QB. This is a prime example of how perception becomes reality. Every QB has bad throws. All of them. A video came out early in Dak’s career where he was competing with some former QB (can’t remember his name) in a friendly game of throwing the football at targets and the former QB beat him out. After seeing that, the yahoos have been constantly harping on how inaccurate Dak is. Yet Dak’s current career completion rate is 66.7%. Brady’s is 64.2%. Aaron Rogers is 65.4. Patrick Mahomes is 66.1. Josh Allens is 62.1

Now I’m not saying Dak is better than any of those QB’s. He’s not. But he’s close and he’s not inaccurate like so many of the deniers here say he is. It’s just not true.

The only myth around here is...YOU.