Dak’s Inaccurate Myth is just that, a Myth

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak is whatever. Stop it with these Pom Pom threads.

We’ll go as far as our run game and Parsons can carry us. Dak is not that big of a factor unless he starts throwing a ton which means we will likely lose.
Exactly!

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak is whatever. Stop it with these Pom Pom threads.

We’ll go as far as our run game and Parsons can carry us. Dak is not that big of a factor unless he starts throwing a ton which means we will likely lose.

Before Parsons arrived, I guess it was just the run game.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak's problem is not inaccuracy ....... its inconsistency.

He plays like a top 5 QB sometimes
And he plays like dog doodoo sometimes.

If everyone would just admit that most of these petty fights would stop .....

Hopefully he can get to where he is good Dak like yesterday 90% of the time

That is my issue with him precisely. He goes from Danny White to Danny Wuerffel without notice.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Every denier here always brings up that Dak isn’t an accurate QB. This is a prime example of how perception becomes reality. Every QB has bad throws. All of them. A video came out early in Dak’s career where he was competing with some former QB (can’t remember his name) in a friendly game of throwing the football at targets and the former QB beat him out. After seeing that, the yahoos have been constantly harping on how inaccurate Dak is. Yet Dak’s current career completion rate is 66.7%. Brady’s is 64.2%. Aaron Rogers is 65.4. Patrick Mahomes is 66.1. Josh Allens is 62.1

Now I’m not saying Dak is better than any of those QB’s. He’s not. But he’s close and he’s not inaccurate like so many of the deniers here say he is. It’s just not true.
What is Daks completion percentage in the redzone for passes into the end zone. Not short dumpoffs to Pollard or Zeke and a run into the endzone.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak's problem is not inaccuracy ....... its inconsistency.

He plays like a top 5 QB sometimes
And he plays like dog doodoo sometimes.

If everyone would just admit that most of these petty fights would stop .....

Hopefully he can get to where he is good Dak like yesterday 90% of the time
Your right but the inaccuracy tends to show up more often against good teams where he has a little less time and the coverage is a little tighter. Dak just doesn't use ball placement and that's why he suffers against sticky coverage.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There is no bigger factor than the QB that determines wins and loses. It's the most important position in football and the highest paid. You simply aren't going to win without one. Whole teams contribute also.
Trent Dilfer? Rex grossman? Grapolo? Goff? Flacco? Hasselback? list is much longer. Giants are 7-3 this year with Daniel Jones. no one claims Hurts is great, yet Philly is 9-1. Miami is 7-3 leading their division. so are they all winning without one? nobody mistakes that list for a who-is-who of QB club

you are trying to spin so that when later you bash, you are not going to get called out. that was the most chicken little answer ever.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Trent Dilfer? Rex grossman? Grapolo? Goff? Flacco? Hasselback? list is much longer. Giants are 7-3 this year with Daniel Jones. no one claims Hurts is great, yet Philly is 9-1. Miami is 7-3 leading their division. so are they all winning without one? nobody mistakes that list for a who-is-who of QB club

you are trying to spin so that when later you bash, you are not going to get called out. that was the most chicken little answer ever.

I agree Hurts is not a great QB but I doubt Philly is 9-1 without him and soon Philly will pay him and chances are it will be more than what Dallas is paying Dak

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm pretty clear on where I stand with dak. He has been gifted one of the best olines in the league for his entire career.. he has always had at least 1 all pro WR and TE target and he has at least one pro RB.

With those tools at his disposal.. his completion rate is going to be high. We have had a very good football team for his entire career here. Compared to other guys that have to get drafted to crappy teams and then literally drag them up.. Dak has coasted. He has also benefitted from picking on a very weak division for most of his career. I think his stats outside of the NE are like 20-28. So I'd love to see his completion % when he is actually under pressure. I know it will be much lower.

I can't believe people still think Dak is an elite QB.. I'd love to see him go onto another team and see the halo fall quick. The question has been, and always will be, can Dak do it against good teams or when the chips are down. And you are right.. over 3041 passes and we can see that he can't and he doesn't.

But I want us to win.. and he is our QB.. so I hope he learns to be a good bus driver and we can Nick Foles our way to a ring.

Once you clean up the lies in your post, others might be more receptive to your opinion.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Your right but the inaccuracy tends to show up more often against good teams where he has a little less time and the coverage is a little tighter. Dak just doesn't use ball placement and that's why he suffers against sticky coverage.
No coverage was going to stop those passes against the Vikings who were tied for the best record in the league. You’re looking pretty ignorant with this post.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What is Daks completion percentage in the redzone for passes into the end zone. Not short dumpoffs to Pollard or Zeke and a run into the endzone.
Better than Brady who’s made a HOF career with dump offs. The haters are always moving the goal posts with Dak. Shows how desperate they are.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Remember that play early in the game when Dak was pressured, he scrambled out to his right, gave a couple quick looks downfield as he ran out of bounds for a 2 or 3 yard loss?

The right play and the easily accomplished play was to throw the ball away instead of taking the loss. Dak's decision there positively affected his comp % while negatively affecting the team.

Not a huge play in the grand scheme but it is yet another example of his mindset in those situations. Similar plays have been pointed out and discussed on this forum many many many times. It is a pattern with him.

One of the many reasons why comp% is a nice stat but is very misleading when it comes to determining overall accuracy.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
He missed 4 wide open guys only 5 yards away. Nobody misses that bad. Only Fraudo.
Again what qb doesn't miss throws? Yes, top qb's even miss the "easy" ones.

Edit:
At first you said the wr's were 10 yards away, now they were 5 yards away? You're just trying to make Dak look worse than he was. Goal post moving in action...

Last edited:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
No coverage was going to stop those passes against the Vikings who were tied for the best record in the league. You’re looking pretty ignorant with this post.
Rocky.

The stats tell us that the Vikings pass defense is ranked 31st in yards given up, and overall the defense is ranked 29th in yards given up.

Does this mean anything to you?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Rocky.

The stats tell us that the Vikings pass defense is ranked 31st in yards given up, and overall the defense is ranked 29th in yards given up.

Does this mean anything to you?
No because those throws Dak made it didn’t matter the coverage.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

That's the throw he would not trust his right leg to hold up on after the calf injury last season. Dak is one of the 2 or 3 best on the move throwers I've ever seen so when that left him I knew something was still up with his body. When I saw those throws stop being dimes I knew he was not 100%. The fact of the matter is pulled muscles don't heal in a couple of weeks. It takes more like a couple of months. I did not fault him for wanting to play because I will NEVER fault a player for wanting to do what he loves doing and what he is being paid to do. Make the coaches rip the jersey off your back is my mantra.