Dak’s Inaccurate Myth is just that, a Myth

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Again what qb doesn't miss throws? Yes, top qb's even miss the "easy" ones.

Edit:
At first you said the wr's were 10 yards, now they were 5 yards away? Goal post moving in action...

Why the hell would he throw it to guys close to him when he needed 20 yards to get into FG range? I swear these people sometimes..

Reactions: Ken

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
That's the throw he would not trust his right leg to hold up on after the calf injury last season. Dak is one of the 2 or 3 best on the move throwers I've ever seen so when that left him I knew something was still up with his body. When I saw those throws stop being dimes I knew he was not 100%. The fact of the matter is pulled muscles don't heal in a couple of weeks. It takes more like a couple of months. I did not fault him for wanting to play because I will NEVER fault a player for wanting to do what he loves doing and what he is being paid to do. Make the coaches rip the jersey off your back is my mantra.
I hate to resort to emojis but......
:omg:

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Why the hell would he throw it to guys close to him when he needed 20 yards to get into FG range? I swear these people sometimes..
Nah he's talking about Dak missing throws in the beginning of the GB game. Acting like top qb's never miss wr's.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Nah he's talking about Dak missing throws in the beginning of the GB game. Acting like top qb's never miss wr's.

Oh.. well it's not uncommon for guys to take time to warm up in cold weather games. Happens all the time to every QB in the league.. That sort of drivel aint even worth responding to. If you ever played a game in freezing weather you know exactly why both Dak AND Rodgers started that game off slowly.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Completion % and accuracy are not, and never have been, the same thing.

Dak critic - "Dak has issues with accuracy."

Dak homer - "Look at his completion percentage."

Dak critic - "Accuracy is a lot more than completion percentage (which involves a lot of other factors). It also has to do with ball placement, allowing the receiver to keep running, or to not turn back for the ball, or not extend their hands so much, etc."

Dak homer - "But, look at his completion percentage."

You can't have honest discussions with one of these people.

GINeric

Reaction score
True.

His biggest issue has been diagnosing coverage he's not familiar with.

I just want Dak to play more like Cooper Rush. And then everything will fall in place.

He's not inaccurate. His issue is trying to carry too much. When he does that, he's not very good. When he takes the Cooper Rush approach, he does great.

In fact, I'd say Dak has a good arm, and good accuracy, most of the time.

I wish KM would call the complete balanced game for Dak that he calls for Rush.

No disrespect to Rush, but why would Dak want to play like him??? Barely cracking 100 yards passing??? 4 TDs in 4 games?? He's not beating THIS year's Vikings with those pedestrian numbers.

I'm very appreciative of how Rush stood in the gap for us while Dak was gone, but there's a reason that Rush has spent his career on practice squads, being released and brought back every year, etc. Rush has been in the NFL pretty much as long as Dak has.... the levels of professional success speak for themselves.

Again, no disrespect to Rush because he's a solid backup quarterback who im glad to have on our team.

Dak don't need to be like Rush.... Dak can benefit from KM calling the same BALANCED game plan that he called for Rush on a consistent basis.

Brax

Reaction score
Now everyone is moving the goal posts after I proved them wrong. :facepalm:
LOL, the only thing you prove is your lack of comprehension, reading skills and football knowledge, the only thing that moves is Daks play week to week, one week plays like a top 10, next few games like a bottom 5, but here you are after a good game trying to sell BS, last week it was everyone else’s fault. Dak the bus driver is very good for the team anything else and who knows what he will do. As long as the D plays perfect anything less and the QB excuses start. Thank the D for last weeks W , don’t ask the QB to do to much and everything will be good.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Dak critic - "Accuracy is a lot more than completion percentage (which involves a lot of other factors). It also has to do with ball placement, allowing the receiver to keep running, or to not turn back for the ball, or not extend their hands so much, etc."

My advice to anyone is just watch the damn games and make up your own mind. As the great Troy Aikman once said after he underthrew a pass do Deion who failed to come up with it, "not every pass is going to hit 'em in the numbers, sometimes the receiver has gotta do his job too." Other than the swing pass to the flat, I have not seen much in the way of problems with Dak's accuracy since maybe 2017. Every other throw seems to go exactly where he needs it to.. even if the internet passing experts want to quibble with the ball placement. Especially on the balls over the middle.. If he leads the receiver too much that guy might be leaving the game in a stretcher.. so Dak typically puts it on him and forces him to pull up and not get blown up. And some fat turd sitting at home sees that as "an inaccurate pass." GTFOH. The underthrow to Noah Brown? Sorry but lofting that one up there was absolutely the right move because if he heaves it out in front there is no guarantee that Brown has the jets to go get it. It was a safer throw to be sure.. but that's kinda what you have to do with a slower guy.

The bottom line is that since returning from the broken thumb Dak is completing a ridiculously high percentage of his passes for a really good yards per attempt. All these internet experts need to let it go.. Dak is deadly accurate throwing the ball. Stick to the "he can't read defenses" argument because there's no empirical evidence which can debunk that one. I mean we can watch the replays showing him going through progressions and throwing TD passes to his 3rd and 4th read but they can still come back with "well look how long it took him to find that 4th read." So there's goalpost moving meat on that bone forever!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
LOL, the only thing you prove is your lack of comprehension, reading skills and football knowledge, the only thing that moves is Daks play week to week, one week plays like a top 10, next few games like a bottom 5, but here you are after a good game trying to sell BS, last week it was everyone else’s fault. Dak the bus driver is very good for the team anything else and who knows what he will do. As long as the D plays perfect anything less and the QB excuses start. Thank the D for last weeks W , don’t ask the QB to do to much and everything will be good.

Please go find any stretch over the last 3 years where Dak has played like a bottom 5 QB "for a few games." Find us say, 3 in a row where his passer rating, completion percentage, turnovers, or whatever metric you want to use was bottom 5.. Please .. help us all see the light..

I'll wait..

Here's some guideline help for you..

Bottom 5 passer rating would be below 80.5.
Bottom 5 completion percentage would be below 59.6
Bottom 5 INT rate would be greater than 2.9%

So if you can find any 3 game stretch in the last three seasons where any one of these metrics was "bottom 5" for Dak we will all bow to your vast and impressive football knowledge.

Like I said.. I'll wait..

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score

First off your labeling is just plain lazy and one-sided. If you want to label one side the extreme, you have to also do the other side... since there are plenty of people who are in the gray area.

Second, accuracy is open for interpretation. A pro qb can call a pass accurate, while a couch potato who lacks any football knowledge can call the same pass trash... and vice-versa.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
rush benefited from a defense that gave up 17,16,10,10 points....as soon as the defense collapsed and gave up 27. we lost. Rush didn't use the talent around him. the offense was putrid. we scored 13 against the rams and 17 against philly with three interceptions. that's not using the talent around you.
The reference was more directed at Dak, he had a great game vs the Vikes by executing the game plan.
Actually saw Dak Kill Kill and stay with the run, instead of audibling out to pass, and that showed that Dak has elevated his understanding of this offense and how to use the talent around him.
I honestly did not feel that Dak had the ability to improve on his game, and I was wrong, Dak showed vs the Vikes that he has a higher ceiling, now he just needs to string some
more games together to dismiss a lot of preconceived notions about him and prove that he can be consistently good Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I agree Hurts is not a great QB but I doubt Philly is 9-1 without him and soon Philly will pay him and chances are it will be more than what Dallas is paying Dak
same thing as everybody else says....they have a better OL than cowboys. better WR. better defense (maybe, maybe not, but they have great DL). great running game.

Brax

Reaction score
Please go find any stretch over the last 3 years where Dak has played like a bottom 5 QB "for a few games." Find us say, 3 in a row where his passer rating, completion percentage, turnovers, or whatever metric you want to use was bottom 5.. Please .. help us all see the light..

I'll wait..

So if you can find any 3 game stretch in the last three seasons where any one of these metrics was "bottom 5" for Dak we will all bow to your vast and impressive football knowledge.

So the last 7 games you liked? Against the scubs good Dak better teams the bad Dak, and that playoff game really impressive QB play, keep propping him up with the excuses. Look at the body of work since 2017 a very inconsistent QB except when playing the weak teams, but I get it everyone’s fault but Dak, if it’s not a injury excuse that miraculous heals for scub team to set a record it’s the OL, WRs TE, RBs , OC, defense or all else fails it’s the crooked refs, you guys make me laugh and I have to wonder if you actually watch the game or just look at the stat line, some weeks top 10 other weeks it’s bottom end, keep those homer Dak glasses on I always enjoy your views wrong as thy are most of the time. If Dak is still tied with Tebow for playoff wins at seasons end what will be your byline then? It will be a fun watch and reading everyone’s take and remember it’s only year 7 with Dak he’s working hard to get better and learn from those failures.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
My advice to anyone is just watch the damn games and make up your own mind. As the great Troy Aikman once said after he underthrew a pass do Deion who failed to come up with it, "not every pass is going to hit 'em in the numbers, sometimes the receiver has gotta do his job too." Other than the swing pass to the flat, I have not seen much in the way of problems with Dak's accuracy since maybe 2017. Every other throw seems to go exactly where he needs it to.. even if the internet passing experts want to quibble with the ball placement. Especially on the balls over the middle.. If he leads the receiver too much that guy might be leaving the game in a stretcher.. so Dak typically puts it on him and forces him to pull up and not get blown up. And some fat turd sitting at home sees that as "an inaccurate pass." GTFOH. The underthrow to Noah Brown? Sorry but lofting that one up there was absolutely the right move because if he heaves it out in front there is no guarantee that Brown has the jets to go get it. It was a safer throw to be sure.. but that's kinda what you have to do with a slower guy.

The bottom line is that since returning from the broken thumb Dak is completing a ridiculously high percentage of his passes for a really good yards per attempt. All these internet experts need to let it go.. Dak is deadly accurate throwing the ball. Stick to the "he can't read defenses" argument because there's no empirical evidence which can debunk that one. I mean we can watch the replays showing him going through progressions and throwing TD passes to his 3rd and 4th read but they can still come back with "well look how long it took him to find that 4th read." So there's goalpost moving meat on that bone forever!
I really don’t think many of these deniers watch the games. They’re too busy on social media *****ing.

Hadenough

Reaction score
No coverage was going to stop those passes against the Vikings who were tied for the best record in the league. You’re looking pretty ignorant with this post.
It's much easier to throw when your winning. Where were these passes in the 49ers game? It's a shame we're not sitting together I could lead you around by your ear and kick you in the rear end.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

well you are wrong in several ways....

completion percentage is a measure of accuracy because it allows the reciever to make the catch, if you were truly inaccurate, that number would be much lower. now, you may argue that throws should be 6 inches this way and 12 inches the other way, but if the ball is not where its catchable. I won't argue that.....and you may argue the WRs make spactacular catches, and that's an exception (thus its spactacular) than the norm. and its a lot of WRs, not just a couple of them, so it normalizes....

the fact is that the dak detractors have not been able to provide any stats, facts, or anything that proves Dak is not accurate....just the old "eye test".

Reality is if a QB is inaccurate it will show up somewhere. at least Dak homers can point to something....where Dak critics have nothing to point to (well, sorry, yes the eye test)

further more, dallas was 8th in YAC in 2021. they are 26th this year, but there is the 5 Rush games...in 2019, dallas was 11th, in 2018 they were 18, but they were top 10 the last 8 games after cooper (do you really want me to give you the list of WR in first half of 2018)...so the YAC is a good indicator of WR being in position to run after the catch..

so here is another version of what you said above, which is more accurate (no pun intended)

Dak Critic: " Dak i s not accurate"
Dak Homer: "how do you say that? do you have anything that shows that? "
Dak Critic: "My eye test, Accuracy is a lot more than completion percentage (which involves a lot of other factors). It also has to do with ball placement, "
Dak Homer: " but how do you know, how can you show that?"
Dak critic:" my eye test because It also has to do with ball placement, allowing the receiver to keep running, or to not turn back for the ball, or not extend their hands so much, etc"
Dak Homer:" but also his YAC is ranked high in the NFL compared to other QBs! so how can you say that?"
Dak Critic:" my eye test. its because with Dak, its all the WRs work for YAC, not because of Dak"

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I'll wait..

Ronnie, Ronnie, ronnie....don't you get it....its not the stats, its the eye test. the eye test is everything. their eye test is most accurate statistical measure....come on now

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So the last 7 games you liked? Against the scubs good Dak better teams the bad Dak, and that playoff game really impressive QB play, keep propping him up with the excuses. Look at the body of work since 2017 a very inconsistent QB except when playing the weak teams, but I get it everyone’s fault but Dak, if it’s not a injury excuse that miraculous heals for scub team to set a record it’s the OL, WRs TE, RBs , OC, defense or all else fails it’s the crooked refs, you guys make me laugh and I have to wonder if you actually watch the game or just look at the stat line, some weeks top 10 other weeks it’s bottom end, keep those homer Dak glasses on I always enjoy your views wrong as thy are most of the time. If Dak is still tied with Tebow for playoff wins at seasons end what will be your byline then? It will be a fun watch and reading everyone’s take and remember it’s only year 7 with Dak he’s working hard to get better and learn from those failures.
so 2017 is all you need. his second year in the league, he didn't meet your expectations, thus that's it. done. he is not going to be any good. its over. dump him. he is inconsistent. oookkk then