Dak: “I didn’t see it coming. This might be most humbling game I’ve ever been a part of”

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Why are you still giving a player in year 8 the opportunity to "fix it"?

It's done. It's over. Accept it.

I have. I still like Dak as a person, but, unless he does something to really impress me, I think the time has come for more options to be explored, and Micah Parsons needs to be included in discussions. This team doesn't have a chance without him. But, I said when Dak was extended that I was fine with it because he was a stopgap while we fixed the defence. Well, the defence is fixed, and the QB class this year looks pretty good. Translation, this is a good year to look for a new QB. Then, we can either cut Dak with a 1 June cut with where is contract will be, or let Lance and QB X battle it in camp next year while Dak, in his final season, has strong competition going into the last year or his deal. Either or, doesn't matter to me. I don't much like the idea of starting a rookie QB day 1 anyway. Then, let the loser of the camps next year and the year after be traded for extra 1st round picks. This builds the roster, encourages Micah to stay, and we can try to put this team in the SB.