Dak: “I didn’t see it coming. This might be most humbling game I’ve ever been a part of”

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I have. I still like Dak as a person, but, unless he does something to really impress me, I think the time has come for more options to be explored, and Micah Parsons needs to be included in discussions. This team doesn't have a chance without him. But, I said when Dak was extended that I was fine with it because he was a stopgap while we fixed the defence. Well, the defence is fixed, and the QB class this year looks pretty good. Translation, this is a good year to look for a new QB. Then, we can either cut Dak with a 1 June cut with where is contract will be, or let Lance and QB X battle it in camp next year while Dak, in his final season, has strong competition going into the last year or his deal. Either or, doesn't matter to me. I don't much like the idea of starting a rookie QB day 1 anyway. Then, let the loser of the camps next year and the year after be traded for extra 1st round picks. This builds the roster, encourages Micah to stay, and we can try to put this team in the SB.
Release or trade him for a pick.

Start Cooper. See what Lance has and get another quality draft QB

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Release or trade him for a pick.

Start Cooper. See what Lance has and get another quality draft QB

I don't think that move can be made now. But, after the season, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Especially with what I see from the projected QB class this year. I do think a new QB that can fit McCarthy's system better is needed to get the most out of the offense.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I don't think that move can be made now. But, after the season, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Especially with what I see from the projected QB class this year. I do think a new QB that can fit McCarthy's system better is needed to get the most out of the offense.
Agree. Bench him if it continues then assess best move post season

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He’s got the money to quit and enjoy life outside of football

Frankly, he's a good stop gap QB that can get a team into the playoffs while they rebuild. I think he'd be good for a team like Chicago who need a player like him while they try to rebuild their team. However, if you have the aspirations that the Cowboys had coming into this season, then he's not really able to do that.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I think even dak knows he’s not the guy
Yep, I agree. I think Dak's realizing his own limitations, and so do his teammates.

You don't see the hope and excitement in everyone's eyes anymore. The body language and facial expressions tonight (especially when the offense was on the field), even early in the game, it was pretty bad.

I think this team is now starting to fully understand that the defense and special teams will have to carry this offense. If the defense doesn't play well, the team will struggle. It's as simple as that. So Quinn will HAVE to be this team's MVP by year's end, or else this team won't even make the playoffs.

Mark

Reaction score
This ain't Dak's first encounter with a buzzsaw, or self-deprecating postgame presser. And it won't be his last.

Not sure who's going to beat SF this year.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Agree. Bench him if it continues then assess best move post season

Unfortunately, I think we have to play him to play it out the rest of the season. However, if the coaches (and Mike might have to try as his seat will be quite toasty if we lose to the Chargers) like what they see from Lance, they may have to give him a go later in the season. Who knows? Maybe the answer is on our roster now.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Yep, I agree. I think Dak's realizing his own limitations, and so do his teammates.

You don't see the hope and excitement in everyone's eyes anymore. The body language and facial expressions tonight (especially when the offense was on the field), even early in the game, it was pretty bad.

I think this team is now starting to fully understand that the defense and special teams will have to carry this offense. If the defense doesn't play well, the team will struggle. It's as simple as that. So Quinn will HAVE to be this team's MVP by year's end, or else this team won't even make the playoffs.
Yeah I think that’s why ceedee has been mad. He knows dak ain’t it.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Glad to see our Head Coach and QB not seeing this coming. So, the tape you guys watched didn't show how good their defense was and what they do?
I don't think they watch tape.