Dak 1 yard short of tying Romo's single season franchise passing record; 2 yards shy of rec

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That's a silly conspiracy theory.........BTW, he was shy by one yard?...With the receiving corps he has? That doesn't seem like something to brag about.
Why is that a bad thing? The last guy had Hall of Famers in their prime ;)

EST_1986

Reaction score
Like Troy said during the broadcast, it probably wouldn't mean much to Dak at that point, but it would mean something to him when he is retired like Troy is an looking back at his career.
he will eventually break it

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's one Dak also didn't achieve but yet we have a whole thread about it
It was 2 yards away. And if you're so butt hurt about anyone giving accolades to the QB and making a thread, why do you keep posting in it?

It's encouraging to see him overcome a poor performance and even started rough vs. Washington.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he will eventually break it

It probably depends on whether we can get back to a more consistent running attack, which would result in Dak throwing less than he did this season.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't know this to be a fact but I suspect that Dak knew how close he was. I just think he said no. I have no proof of this, I think somebody probably said, "Do you want it" and he probably said, "It's cool."

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Well, more than half on this forum thought Romo was some sort of loser, so, comparing Dak to Romo, what does that tell you? Not something to brag about. If Romo did not ever do a "win and in" game...well, why use him as some sort of barometer? Is it to talk Dak up? Because IMHO, if Dak took the beatings that Romo took during his career, who cares about a few yards? Dak will never be the QB Romo was...(actually, Romo might have taken this current team farther than 8-8...straight from the booth.

EST_1986

Reaction score
It was 2 yards away. And if you're so butt hurt about anyone giving accolades to the QB and making a thread, why do you keep posting in it?

It's encouraging to see him overcome a poor performance and even started rough vs. Washington.
I get it, the team sucks and we celebrate garbage time stats. Go Dak, you killed it when it didn't matter!

EST_1986

Reaction score
It probably depends on whether we can get back to a more consistent running attack, which would result in Dak throwing less than he did this season.
I just think the way of the league, he will eventually break the record.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I get it, the team sucks and we celebrate garbage time stats. Go Dak, you killed it when it didn't matter!
And here you still are, repeating yourself about things you claim don't matter. Lol.

jnday

Reaction score
Somewhat agree but also disagree. Aikman was physically limited...with his feet. Great arm when he had the best Oline blocking for him with the best receivers & TE catching the ball and the best RB running behind him, but once he lost his Oline, WRs and TE due to the salary cap, Aikman's 2 left feet hindered his ability to avoid constant incoming pressure which greatly affected his game and caused him to suffer several concussions which ultimately contributed to his retirement (even though he says it didn't). In other words, Aikman shouldn't talk because he would likely struggle with today's team which is very inconsistent with its Oline protection/blocking, receiving, rushing and playcalling.
Never mind the fact that QBs could get hit back then instead of being protected like they are made of glass.

Brax

Reaction score
Somewhat agree but also disagree. Aikman was physically limited...with his feet. Great arm when he had the best Oline blocking for him with the best receivers & TE catching the ball and the best RB running behind him, but once he lost his Oline, WRs and TE due to the salary cap, Aikman's 2 left feet hindered his ability to avoid constant incoming pressure which greatly affected his game and caused him to suffer several concussions which ultimately contributed to his retirement (even though he says it didn't). In other words, Aikman shouldn't talk because he would likely struggle with today's team which is very inconsistent with its Oline protection/blocking, receiving, rushing and playcalling.
Every day you sling it deeper, just pathetic.....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Troy Aikman at OU, running the option. He had wheels when he was young. It's a misnomer, the assumption that Aikman did not have decent feet when he was young. Aikman literally could have played in any type of Offense when he was young. Watch from about the .50 mark.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why is that a bad thing? The last guy had Hall of Famers in their prime ;)
What trio of receivers did he have that compared to this one, along with a good receiving RB, and a play making TE to go with the safety valve Witten, and the O-line Dak has? I honestly don't remember him ever having such a variety of weapons.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
What trio of receivers did he have that compared to this one, along with a good receiving RB, and a play making TE to go with the safety valve Witten, and the O-line Dak has? I honestly don't remember him ever having such a variety of weapons.
you probably weren't a Romo hater, who blamed him for every loss. oh well, you can see the dak"slobbers" are the Romo haters.