Dak 20-25mil or Tyrod Taylor 12-15Million

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak is better than Taylor, then make your case. I don't see it at all. They look like the same guy. They are both darlings of ESPN's QBR (both have 2 top 10 finishes in their last 3 seasons starting) but the two are dead last in pass attempts over the same window. Taylor is a better deep thrower, one of the best in the league actually, but is not as good at short and intermediate as Dak. Dak has thrown the ball a little bit more and Taylor has rushed the ball a little bit more. They both have had extremely low usage and paltry passing totals compared to other QBs and played on run dominated teams. Both are sacked a lot.
There is zero evidence that Dak is better than Tyrod Taylor.

That's what I'm seeing there only difference is that Dak has better personal around him beyond that you are correct very little difference between the two....with the exception that Taylor throws a long ball more often...

superonyx

Reaction score
I've never seen someone so happy to pay a Dak Prescott like he's an Aaron Rodgers. Are you his cousin?
I accept what I can’t control. It’s just entertainment. I’m not letting your toxic negativity make this any less entertaining for me.
You can come here and cry like a Manbaby for the next 5-10 years if you want.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I accept what I can’t control. It’s just entertainment. I’m not letting your toxic negativity make this any less entertaining for me.
You can come here and cry like a Manbaby for the next 5-10 years if you want.
You're shifting the argument here. You referenced him being a two time probowl QB and bragged about his career passer rating. I simply noted that with passing stats on the rise a 96qb rating is actually quite average. You then referenced Brady (who played the majority of his career in a different era) and Rodgers (whose statistics vastly trump Dak's) to defend your argument.

I simply said using them as a base is preposterous.

Realizing that you said something stupid you then shift the conversation to me crying about Dak getting paid.

I don't think he should get a top contract. I won't like it when he does. I'll continue to root for this team irrespective to my difference of opinion. Because i'm an adult who doesn't resort to calling another grown person a "Manbaby."

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
I disagree! Depends on if the team. Elway has made some key moves that won them a SB. Bringing in Manning and firing Fox even though fox had three 12-4 seasons. Unless you have a top 10 QB you should always be looking to improve the most important position on the team. We have seen Daks ceiling and he is an avg player who has benefited from having a great group of players around him. I do agree it takes time to develop a QB but that is when you have a guy who has all the physical abilities but needs mental time to develop and adjust to the speed of the game and timing. Dak has peaked! He was a 4th round pick and drafted to be a project. So he has come a long way and developed into an avg NFL QB.
The fact that you said we have seen Dak's ceiling pretty much ended this conversation there.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
I've never seen someone so happy to pay a Dak Prescott like he's an Aaron Rodgers. Are you his cousin?
I do not think its about him being Aaron. But I do think he has earned his packcheck. There are many in the NFL who cannot say that (see Cousins.)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm betting the Cowboys won't be open to gambling on replacing a good thing with a relatively unproven commodity! ;)

Hadenough

Reaction score
Just to be fair the article is dated Sept 2018 so it wouldnt include this past season. Like it or not this people is exactly why Dak and Tebow have been compared.

comparison of tim tebows final 11 starts vs dak prescotts last 11 starts

Player A: 11 TD, 6 INT, 71.8 rating, 6.32 yards per attempt, 33 sacks taken

Player B: 8 TD, 11 INT, 74.2 rating, 6.28 yards per attempt, 33 sacks taken

Player A: Tim Tebow's final 11 career starts as a quarterback.

Player B: Dak Prescott's last 11 games.

— Joe Giglio (@JoeGiglioSports) September 24, 2018

HungryLion

Reaction score
Just to be fair the article is dated Sept 2018 so it wouldnt include this past season. Like it or not this people is exactly why Dak and Tebow have been compared.

comparison of tim tebows final 11 starts vs dak prescotts last 11 starts

Player A: 11 TD, 6 INT, 71.8 rating, 6.32 yards per attempt, 33 sacks taken

Player B: 8 TD, 11 INT, 74.2 rating, 6.28 yards per attempt, 33 sacks taken

Player A: Tim Tebow's final 11 career starts as a quarterback.

Player B: Dak Prescott's last 11 games.

— Joe Giglio (@JoeGiglioSports) September 24, 2018

Except Dak had long stretches of play, namely the first 24 games of his career, where he played much much much better than Tebow ever did.

Then Dak the second half of this past season played much much much better than Tebow ever did.

Which is what makes the Dak/Tebow comparisons absolute and completely utter nonsense.

Dak at his WORST was on the same level as Tebow’s absolutel BEST.

That doesn’t make them comparable player, at all.

If Tebow ever showed the ability to play like Dak did the first 24 games and the last 10 games that Dak has played. Tebow would still be in the NFL.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I wouldn't call those last eleven Tebows best games but the thing about comparing other QBs with Dak is they have not had the luxury of a very good online and young stud RB as a foundation. Dak is a better passer than Tebow but that's not saying much. The Taylor comparison isnt too far off but an accurate comparison would be Case Keenum and Alex Smith but I think Smith is over all better and Keenum has a slightly better arm strength but is the most accurate comparison.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I wouldn't call those last eleven Tebows best games but the thing about comparing other QBs with Dak is they have not had the luxury of a very good online and young stud RB as a foundation. Dak is a better passer than Tebow but that's not saying much. The Taylor comparison isnt too far off but an accurate comparison would be Case Keenum and Alex Smith but I think Smith is over all better and Keenum has a slightly better arm strength but is the most accurate comparison.

:facepalm:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You need help. I predicted Tyrod's starting time in Cleveland would be less than 3 games. He was a huge disappointment and it could have been predicted if you watched him play in Buffalo. Why do you think a QB hungry team like Buffalo let him go??? The guy is awful.
They let him go b/c they didn't want to pay him $10m during a rebuild, not because they didn't like him. I watch the Bills all the time - Tyrod, in that offense, has looked exactly like Dak did from the Atlanta game last year to the Tennessee game this year. They have the exact same strengths and exact same flaws. Put Dak in Buffalo and the production is exactly the same. Tyrod deserves a lot of credit for not completely imploding in that environment.

It's crazy to me how Dak gets a break because of the OL and WRs, but nobody wants to use that for Tyrod. The weapons in Buffalo have been abysmal. Dallas went into last season with Deonte Thompson as a 3/4 and he was trash...he was a #1 in Buffalo lol. Plus, everyone points to Dak as a winner...Tyrod got that Bills team to the playoffs and, in reality, they had 4-12 talent.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Replies work better when you quote the person you are talking to, troll. But we both know you are cowering in fear under your rock because you are afraid to face me, don’t we? I ask you again, where are the rushing numbers that Dak slobberers love to tout?
While you are making a huge deal out of tenths of a yard differences, statistics like QBR and average value that incorporate rushing both state that Tyrod and Dak are very close to the same guy.
Now back under the rock you go...

LOL OK, sure I'm hiding from you, tough guy.

Try being less of a *****made ****boy and see how that treats you.

superonyx

Reaction score
You're shifting the argument here. You referenced him being a two time probowl QB and bragged about his career passer rating. I simply noted that with passing stats on the rise a 96qb rating is actually quite average. You then referenced Brady (who played the majority of his career in a different era) and Rodgers (whose statistics vastly trump Dak's) to defend your argument.

I simply said using them as a base is preposterous.

Realizing that you said something stupid you then shift the conversation to me crying about Dak getting paid.

I don't think he should get a top contract. I won't like it when he does. I'll continue to root for this team irrespective to my difference of opinion. Because i'm an adult who doesn't resort to calling another grown person a "Manbaby."
I can’t shift an argument when there isn’t an argument.

You cut down our QB for having an “average” rating.
I simply mentioned that his rating mirrors Brady, Rogers, and Luck.
You couldn’t dispute a fact that made you uncomfortable so you tried the tired “how dare you” approach.

So what’s the argument?

You will whine for years when Dak gets paid. Every bad game will bring your whine back.
You look to have a crap ton of whining in your future.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Just curious. If you were the GM, would anyone else consider Tyrod Taylor from the Browns if you could get him for 12-15 million per year? You could use the extra cap space to stack talent around him and load up of defense. Or, would you simply pay the cost for Dak? This is not a Dak bashing post. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Is this even a question?