Dak 20-25mil or Tyrod Taylor 12-15Million

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just curious. If you were the GM, would anyone else consider Tyrod Taylor from the Browns if you could get him for 12-15 million per year? You could use the extra cap space to stack talent around him and load up of defense. Or, would you simply pay the cost for Dak? This is not a Dak bashing post. Just wondering what your thoughts are.
we don't have to sign Dak yet. we always have the franchise option and we should wait until end of next year to see how he does, if he improves with Kitna and if Moore can scheme a little better. then you franchise him. if things don't work out, and new coaching staff comes in, you still have the franchise option and let the new coaching staff decide what direction you want to go. Commanders franchised Cousins two years in a row. we franchised before as well. so its always an option.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No one has said anything about a 1st round pick or trading up for one. I see teams move on from "their" guy after they realize he's not the answer after trying so hard to make it work and all I ask is, "Why?". It's always great to look to improve every position. And I wouldn't use the probowl as a basis for a debate.
So after two pro bowls, rookie of the year, 3 winning seasons, two playoffs, and his first playoff win in only his third year you want to move on?

You have to be plain as day challenged. Lol

Keep crying troll. Dak will be here for a long time. Time to jump ship.

InTheZone

Reaction score
So after two pro bowls, rookie of the year, 3 winning seasons, two playoffs, and his first playoff win in only his third year you want to move on?

You have to be plain as day challenged. Lol

Keep crying troll. Dak will be here for a long time. Time to jump ship.
maybe you can blow off some of your hatred here: https://cowboyszone.com/threads/the-dak-prescott-mega-thread-merged.426211/page-8
or here: https://cowboyszone.com/threads/pff-ranks-daks-accuracy.428902/page-10

We're allowed to talk about anyone on the team, management, coaches, or players, but it seems you take it personally when I'm involved in Dak threads and make it real clear about the argument I'm presenting, usually with stats from various sources so that simple minds don't go into "limp mode". You said you were done and you keep it going. Oh noes, but I disagree on one specific topic/player so I'm the troll....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Just curious. If you were the GM, would anyone else consider Tyrod Taylor from the Browns if you could get him for 12-15 million per year? You could use the extra cap space to stack talent around him and load up of defense. Or, would you simply pay the cost for Dak? This is not a Dak bashing post. Just wondering what your thoughts are.
You are the devil, you are!

kskboys

Reaction score
Taylor is not a starting QB in the NFL. He's gone out of his way to prove it.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Is Vince Young out of jail yet? Maybe we can sign him for 3-4 million per year! That makes more sense. What's Daunte Culpepper up to, maybe sign him to a vet minimum plus incentives!

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Awesome. Lets ignore are other needs and reach multiple times trying to replace our 2x probowl QB with a career QB rating of 96. I love this place.
200.gif
A QB Rating of 96 would have placed 16th in the NFL last season. What an awesome Pro Bowl QB we have.

superonyx

Reaction score
A QB Rating of 96 would have placed 16th in the NFL last season. What an awesome Pro Bowl QB we have.
And Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers were 97 and Andrew Luck was 98.

We better go get Tyron Taylor now before the Patriots, Packers or Colts snatch him up.

Any other brilliant comments?

Hadenough

Reaction score
we don't have to sign Dak yet. we always have the franchise option and we should wait until end of next year to see how he does, if he improves with Kitna and if Moore can scheme a little better. then you franchise him. if things don't work out, and new coaching staff comes in, you still have the franchise option and let the new coaching staff decide what direction you want to go. Commanders franchised Cousins two years in a row. we franchised before as well. so its always an option.
This is exacty what Jerry will do! I dont seen any scenario where Dak gets a new contract before playing out his existing contract. They can use the franchise tag for two seasons after that.
If Dallas offered to trade Dak in the off season the only teams that I could see being interested in him would be the Commanders and maybe the Jaguars. The jaguars will probably go after Foles in FA so that would leave just the skins.

Last edited:

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
I would ignore Taylor and

draft a QB early in 2019, QB comp
draft a QB early again in 2020, QB comp

We have rush and white, if neither look like they're worth a damn then what are they doing here anyway? I want us to bring in QBs without accuracy issues and preferably some pocket awareness so that we can work on other things instead of working backwards. I want to see extra work by the coaches working with the QBs, and vice versa. I wish we could get an update on the progress of the QBs each training camp indicating their biggest weaknesses and how far along they've progressed. But the impression I'm getting is that we're never going to see or hear a thing about our backups. All positions need looked at, QB isn't excluded. If Dak is doing that much better than the rest in practice, training camp and shows steady progression then sure pay him a short term contract, but don't go all in.
What you said makes sense if we were the Broncos. But we aren't. And there is much to be said about improvement. Dak has shown that and then some. Any team who takes that much capital drafting Qb after Qb trying to hit a jackpot will end up with none. That's not a winning formula at all.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
This is exacty what Jerry will do! I dont seen any scenario where Dak gets a new contract before playing out his existing contract. They can use the franchise tag for two seasons after that.
If Dallas offered to trade Dak in the off season the only teams that I could see being interested in him would be the Commanders and maybe the Jaguars. The jaguars will probably go after Foles in FA so that would leave just the skins.
I just wonder how are the Commanders at Qb now? Vet Qb that can take you how far? I love the hindsight choices people suggest as an excuse to not pay someone and the insistence on moving what's required to qualify.

Hadenough

Reaction score
What you said makes sense if we were the Broncos. But we aren't. And there is much to be said about improvement. Dak has shown that and then some. Any team who takes that much capital drafting Qb after Qb trying to hit a jackpot will end up with none. That's not a winning formula at all.

I disagree! Depends on if the team. Elway has made some key moves that won them a SB. Bringing in Manning and firing Fox even though fox had three 12-4 seasons. Unless you have a top 10 QB you should always be looking to improve the most important position on the team. We have seen Daks ceiling and he is an avg player who has benefited from having a great group of players around him. I do agree it takes time to develop a QB but that is when you have a guy who has all the physical abilities but needs mental time to develop and adjust to the speed of the game and timing. Dak has peaked! He was a 4th round pick and drafted to be a project. So he has come a long way and developed into an avg NFL QB.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I disagree! Depends on if the team. Elway has made some key moves that won them a SB. Bringing in Manning and firing Fox even though fox had three 12-4 seasons. Unless you have a top 10 QB you should always be looking to improve the most important position on the team. We have seen Daks ceiling and he is an avg player who has benefited from having a great group of players around him. I do agree it takes time to develop a QB but that is when you have a guy who has all the physical abilities but needs mental time to develop and adjust to the speed of the game and timing. Dak has peaked! He was a 4th round pick and drafted to be a project. So he has come a long way and developed into an avg NFL QB.

In all fairness though, there is no FA QB anywhere close to a Peyton Manning that is available to sign.

And the Broncos also show us an example of the difficulties of replacing a QB too. After manning retired they spent a 1st rounder on a QB who stunk. And now they have been having losing seasons while playing the QB carousel because of it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
anyone thinking this is even money is ridiculous, TT is a career backup and Daks on a another level then this guy.. how about a meeting the middle Dak for 21 mil Taylor is not a starting caliber player, period..hes stop gap type and no way wed be happier with him.. the names people bring up with such ugly comp numbers is just insane, daks may not be elite but hes a franchise QB regardless, hes being way undervalued here and its flat out stupid..

Bring up some real options and we can talk but replacing dak with backups is dumb..

Hadenough

Reaction score
I just wonder how are the Commanders at Qb now? Vet Qb that can take you how far? I love the hindsight choices people suggest as an excuse to not pay someone and the insistence on moving what's required to qualify.
Its not about paying someone, I dont care if Dak gets paid! My issue is after he gets paid the Cowboys are stuck with him. They wont address the QB position with anything more than garbage 6th round picks. Even if a guy like Hebert or Lawrence fell in their lap they wouldnt draft the guy. Thats what makes me sick at the idea of being stuck with some avg joe for 5 years.

JMech

Reaction score

I live in the Buffalo area. I have watched Tyrod. I wouldn't sign him for 1 M. He is not a QB, he is a running back playing the position. He cannot pass a ball at all. Despite the years under center, he panics and runs. His accuracy is likely amongst the worst in the league.

As a fragile running QB, the injuries have started and they will continue. Running QBs have a short life span in this league.

Hadenough

Reaction score
In all fairness though, there is no FA QB anywhere close to a Peyton Manning that is available to sign.

And the Broncos also show us an example of the difficulties of replacing a QB too. After manning retired they spent a 1st rounder on a QB who stunk. And now they have been having losing seasons while playing the QB carousel because of it.

That is true!

JMech

Reaction score
And neither is Dak if you put him on the Browns.

And it doesn't change the fact that Tyrod is every bit as good as Dak, if not better, supported by many metrics (including the Dak slobberer favorite, rushing).

You need help. I predicted Tyrod's starting time in Cleveland would be less than 3 games. He was a huge disappointment and it could have been predicted if you watched him play in Buffalo. Why do you think a QB hungry team like Buffalo let him go??? The guy is awful.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Vince Young out of jail yet? Maybe we can sign him for 3-4 million per year! That makes more sense. What's Daunte Culpepper up to, maybe sign him to a vet minimum plus incentives!
Was he in jail? Other than maybe overnight for a DWI?

JustChip

Reaction score

Absolutely not. Did you watch him in the 2017 Wild Card game against Jacksonville? I haven't seen many of him games, but I did watch that one and he was horrendous. He's a backup at best.