Dak 20-25mil or Tyrod Taylor 12-15Million

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
How does that not make Wentz significantly more valuable to Dak?
Really? Drew Brees has never won an MVP. The main argument against Dak winning an MVP is that he doesn't fit the profile of an MVP winner, not that he can't become a solid QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
The logical way to deal with that is to post the reply on one of the posts on those 4 pages where it's being discussed, not lazily posting a one liner at the end...
It's OK, dude, throw another little insult, it'll make you feel so much better!!!!! I'm sure your mommy told you that you is special!!!!!!!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Really? Drew Brees has never won an MVP. The main argument against Dak winning an MVP is that he doesn't fit the profile of an MVP winner, not that he can't become a solid QB.

Drew Brees isn't a great example. He actually reminds me more of Romo. He has some of the prettiest 7-9's in NFL history. People say Peyton's playoff track record is bad, but Brees is right there with him. 2 championship games in 18 years.

superonyx

Reaction score
I guess it was blasphemous for the titans to get rid of Vince young as well due to his 2 pro bowl appearances lol. I guess Alex Smith is a legend with his 3 pro bowl appearances. Didn’t Dak get in because all the other QBs rejected it this year? I could swear he was a middle of the pack qb if you want to talk ratings or stats.
It’s not blasphemy. It’s just idiocy.
When one wants to start a debate with Vince Young or Alex Smith it shows just how far I would need to pull the conversation back to a position of reality before progress can be made.
I’m not interested. Or should I say I just don’t care enough about the opinion of a faceless internet fan to even take the first step.

Good luck with your Tyron Taylor fantasy. I hear this years draft is loaded with hot 2nd round QB prospects........................

.........for the AAF.

Silly

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I think we should let Dak play out this season with a new oc, improved OL and Te. Then decided how much his extension is worth. I don't think Scotty's offense did Dak any favors.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Just curious. If you were the GM, would anyone else consider Tyrod Taylor from the Browns if you could get him for 12-15 million per year? You could use the extra cap space to stack talent around him and load up of defense. Or, would you simply pay the cost for Dak? This is not a Dak bashing post. Just wondering what your thoughts are.
"This is not a Dak bashing post."

Who are you kidding? :facepalm:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Just curious. If you were the GM, would anyone else consider Tyrod Taylor from the Browns if you could get him for 12-15 million per year? You could use the extra cap space to stack talent around him and load up of defense. Or, would you simply pay the cost for Dak? This is not a Dak bashing post. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

One player makes a team worse and results in losses- see the Browns switch from Tyrod to Mayfield

The other makes the team better and wins football games.

I want to win games, pay Dak.

Traye1

Reaction score
Smart people can make foolish comments and arrive at foolish conclusions when stating the obvious....

Obviously Dak is not Brady, nor is Garrett Belichick. Nor is the Patriot offense the Cowboys offense.

Smart people all come to that conclusion, I hope. There is such a thing as good, better and best. In this case Brady = best and on a scale of all 32 quarterbacks, I personally would rate Dak as better. Same for Belichick vs Garrett. More often than not, best beats better 9 out of 10 times.

Having said that, I feel Brady does have pocket presence but when watching him I think is scheme (Belichick's strategy) benefits him more than the scheme (Garrett's) that Dak operates in. Garrett's offensive scheme is based on timing and athletic prowess whereas Belichicks offensive scheme is more based upon strategically designed plays that get the ball out of Brady's hands extremely fast which requires less pocket presence by Brady. The routes the Patriots run from what I see are primarily quick, short and sometimes even illegal with picks that go uncalled a great deal of the time. Due to the play designs, db's are often at a disadvantage as the Pats master this system, that's why their players in my observation are so interchangeable.

Why no one else does this on a routine basis like the Pats, baffles me. They just master a system and not depend on athletic prowess or talent because all of these guys are athletic marvels. That's why it upsets me to the fullest to hear smart people say stupid things and bash athletes on their skills or on their performance....These guys are gods...(not God) but gods that have skills that most of us who critique them mercilessly can only dream of having. In high school football and even in college, talent more often than not wins more than systems in most cases...But at the NFL level, a great system with a a great mastermind like Belichick, over time will be proven to be more successful than great talent. I could go on but I digress...

You be you and I'll be me...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Uh no... wouldn't want tyrod if he played for league minimum. Seriously did you watch him last year?

That is the truth. He was flat out awful, with no on-field awareness whatsoever. I'd play Cooper Rush or Mike White being putting a nickel into Tyrod Taylor.

erod

Reaction score
At those numbers, neither.

But I take Dak all day over Taylor, who lacks the courage needed to play at this level. I've seen him quit too often.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It will be 20+, no way his agent let’s him sign for 12-15. He is worth 20-25.