Dak and Garrett Reunited

Diehardblues

Reaction score
:laugh: :facepalm: Garrett’s era as OC and HC so far represents the best since Jimmy era

Here’s the remainder of that sentence to place in proper perspective .

“ Garrett’s era as OC and HC so far represents the best since Jimmy era with 5 division titles , 5 Divisional playoff rounds and 3 playoff wins all for a 2 yr QB coach who had no experience at any level of football beyond that in coaching with no business becoming an OC or HC in NFL.”

Darkhound

Reaction score
Garrett sucks.

I told people he would never get another HC gig..... He sucked that bad.
What infuriates me the MOST is that NO other team in the entire NFL would have given him a 10 year HC job. That is why our organization is MEDIOCRE.
We wasted so much time and good seasons with this clown clapper

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Garrett sucks. Romo's ability to pull victories out of subpar talent in the trenches for years and keep the hopes of playoff births alive and Jerry's ego in choosing the next Tom Landry kept Garret with a job for about five times longer than he should've never had in the first place.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Mediocrity is the Cowboys banner this era. The fact we hired and maintained a HC who wasn’t qualified or came with any OC or HC experience speaks more to the bigger issue with the Cowboys this era.

Regardless whether Garrett suked , etc doesn’t dismiss the facts that his era thus far has delivered more. Which can be spun in different ways . But we can’t deny the facts . Most of which would be Jethro Suks or the Cowboys Suk which would describe this entire era not just the Garrett era.

Hopefully that changes but it hasnt yet. And if it does then I’d still hold more accountability with the one constant throughout this mediocre era. Why would an owner retain a HC who suked so much? Better yet why hire such a green prospect as OC or HC?

If you place someone in position to fail then not sure why we’d expect anything more. And why I admire what he accomplished under the most unusual and unorthodox situation regardless how much he suked. Garrett obviously had many coaching flaws.

His tenure represents the most dysfunctional organization this era in the NFL. And came as close to advancing as any of the other more proven and experienced Cowboys HC’s this era so far. Truly amazing he’s the second most winningest HC in Cowboys history.

stiletto

Reaction score
Mediocrity is the Cowboys banner this era. The fact we hired and maintained a HC who wasn’t qualified or came with any OC or HC experience speaks more to the bigger issue with the Cowboys this era.
An entire decade of our lives wasted...

popp1234

Reaction score
I know you guys hate Garrett but I am happy to see he’s landed on his feet after that whole Giants debacle. He’s pretty good on NBC too. He got stuck with a tough task after Romo went down and probably had his best coaching effort of his career that year. Also had the balls to stick with Dak which was the right move.
Simply well said!

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Sticking with Dak was a horrible move. Might have cost us a Super Bowl. No rookie QB was going to win it. Romo gave us our best shot to win. He was 100% healthy and ready to play.
For every alternative universe where you are right, there are 99 where you are wrong. Dak rallied the team and damn near won that game against Rogers (thanks Bryon Jones...).

Romo - who oddly also says he figured it out in year 8 - could not be trusted in big games. And since he was no leader of men, he needed to play great in order to bolster the team.

I do agree Romo was probably the better skilled QB, but not the best QB for the team given the RPOs, Dak's mobility/durability, bond with Zeke, etc...

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Agree that this is a great interview if you want to get past the Garrett jokes. Dak even explains "here we go"- basically it's the cut-off point between pre-play communication and the snap.

Good stuff start to finish by Dak.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I remember a certain former poster who was so sure of Garrett’s’ succes…

I used to get into a lot of arguments with posters on here trying to convince them how awful Garrett was as a coach. Dude is a CFO type, not a coach.

Xeven

Reaction score
Jason coached the good in Dak out of him. Seems like he is getting it back a bit finally.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
9.5 years…made the playoffs 3 times. The fact that he kept his job for all those years and only made the playoffs about 30% of the time is an indictment of our GM and the strange way he viewed Garrett.
We were flirting with the same situation occurring again with Kellen Moore. I honestly think Jerry wants to be seen as some football savant that discovers and homegrows head coaches.

The fact Garret kept his job for so long was absolutely insane.