Dak and Hurts stats today

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dude you cant honestly think the offense wasn’t a big problem today. You honestly in your heart can’t believe that.
You are right, the offense has been a problem. But compared to the defense it's not that big a problem. I remember Cowboys games from the dynasty years that they won 16-10, 17-10, 16-13, 20-17, etc..

This defense is so bad, you're basically asking a Cowboys offense with two rookie lineman and no NFL calibar running backs to score touchdowns almost every single drive. And that ain't happening.

McMicah

Reaction score
I cannot believe you are trying to compare these guys this soon after the game like we would forget 4 dropped interceptions, a lucky fumble recovery (when no one touched him) and awful AWFUL accuracy all game long from Dak. Even his completions were mostly terrible reach backs, high points, or dives due to bad placement. Even Brady was joking that his placement seemed lucky on his final touchdown bc it was way behind Turpin and the defender never turned. If the Ravens had just come down with balls Dak stat line would actually reflect how awful of a game that was.

The defense played terrible, but they don’t make the money. Dak and CD do

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Same thing I noticed. No matter how bad that offend is…they are always a Barkley breakaway touchdown away. This team is missing that and has been since Pollard was healthy.
Yep. Same thing for Henry with the Ravens. While he doesn't have the Barkley speed, he can break off some big chunk runs and deliver some punishing blows on any carry. Barkley was bottled up a lot of the game but all it took was that one run to change that game. We used to have that with early years Zeke but he fell off a cliff since then.

We can't stop the run. We can't run the ball. This is a disaster waiting to happen on any level of football. I know the passing game gets all the glory these days, but the run game and stopping the run is still very important.

Dallas offense is at its best when it can control the pace with the run game. Dak and Romo having to throw the ball constantly, never amounted to anything.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hurts
29/38 for 311 yards
0TDs
1 INT
1 Fumble
15-12 (win)

Prescott
28/51
379 yards
2TDs
1 Rush TD
0 INTs
0 Fumbles

28-25 (loss)

Average Cowboys fan concludes that Dak sucks and Hurts is so good.

Dak naysayers don't understand context and can't think critically
Hurts sucks.

Problem is our team isn’t very good and we just gave Dak the money that asks for super star production.

The offense sputtering for 3 1/2 quarters and ignoring that and pointing to stats is pretty dumb.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep. Same thing for Henry with the Ravens. While he doesn't have the Barkley speed, he can break off some big chunk runs and deliver some punishing blows on any carry. Barkley was bottled up a lot of the game but all it took was that one run to change that game. We used to have that with early years Zeke but he fell off a cliff since then.

We can't stop the run. We can't run the ball. This is a disaster waiting to happen on any level of football. I know the passing game gets all the glory these days, but the run game and stopping the run is still very important.

Dallas offense is at its best when it can control the pace with the run game. Dak and Romo having to throw the ball constantly, never amounted to anything.
It suck’s to watch. I’ll say that. Terrible to know you can’t do the two most important things in football. Stop the run and run the football.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Dak’s game reminded me of Caleb Williams’ game today. Absolute dog crap to the eyes, but some stats were there. Both L’s.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What exactly is “garbage time stats” if both QB’s either got you a lead late in the game OR brought you back to be 3 points down? I think a LOT of people are really confused about what garbage time stats really are…
28-6 in the 4th qtr is garbage time. Every time.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
lol come on man.
No, he has a legit point…garbage time stats are when you pad your stats even thought there is absolutely no shot of you winning. Both Hurts and Dak had their teams in position to either tie or take the lead. Hurts took them down the field and the Eagles D stopped NO. 3 & 6, Dallas D could NOT make a stop. Period.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
Neither QB is elite. Neither team is SB caliber. Both teams have questionable coaches.

I hope to someday be able to compare ourselves with the elite of the elite. Right now that's KC. For many years it was New England. Those teams were/are the measuring stick.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hurts
29/38 for 311 yards
0TDs
1 INT
1 Fumble
15-12 (win)

Prescott
28/51
379 yards
2TDs
1 Rush TD
0 INTs
0 Fumbles

28-25 (loss)

man, I don't try to ever get into the love/hate thing you got going on here, but this is an abuse of stats to make a point. Dak was struggling to scan the field, and his passes were not on target like they needed to be. As another poster said (forgot who and too lazy to look), those stats you got here only came after this game was way lopsided and Ravens then played prevent defense. Before that, nah... not impressed today.
But I will be fair and say, the loss today isnt squarely on him. There is alot going on with this team and frankly too much to get into within one post and frankly none of the incremental fixes will work as long as everyone ignores the elephant in the room. This team has a cultural problem and we can clean house from the basement on down, but until you clean out the upper floors, you are just going to make room for more junk.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
28-6 in the 4th qtr is garbage time. Every time. You can polish that turd til it shines, but it's still a turd at the end of the day
What if it was the Cowboys ahead by that much and almost blowing it? The narrative here would be "it's a 60 minute game and good teams have to finish!"

In today's offensive minded NFL there is no such thing as garbage time. It's just that some people can't stand Dak so badly they have to discount the fact that he made some plays late, albeit in a losing cause.

Since Dak had zero turnovers the haters are grasping at ways to blame him for the loss somehow. Couldn't be the 274 yards rushing by the Ravens, it HAS TO BE DAK!!!!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Hurts
29/38 for 311 yards
0TDs
1 INT
1 Fumble
15-12 (win)

Prescott
28/51
379 yards
2TDs
1 Rush TD
0 INTs
0 Fumbles

28-25 (loss)

I don't think it's apples to apples. But look Hurts has had his own struggles this season. Neither QB has played their best. For Dak a lot of those stats came in Q4. I certainly give him credit for making a game of it, but he needs to find that gear much earlier in the game because it was almost non-existent through 3 qs.