Dak and the elephant in the room

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
why its an accurate list???

all that actually happened and all of it led to a slow starting and stagnate Offense yet that offense that qb did what Rush di but tad better..isnt that what we wanted ..run game, control the game, defense, sts, a total team win.

dak had ZERO T/Os, 75% comp% ,207 Yards and win, that efficient football. his floor is rushes ceiling; those are facts. So Dak didnt score 40 and blow out the lions, that fan expectation the Lions actually had 2 weeks to prepare, were fresh, and desperate and played hard.. ..first game back hes Rush+ and?? thats bad how? Troy Aikman won 70% of his RS games this very way..those are actual FACTS..
go look at QB play week 7 most of the winning qbs had these stats the ones with gaudy stats, all lost..

This, for sure Dak can play better than he did the first half and did the 2nd half, its funny and predictable that the same people saying "Dak doesnt need to throw the ball 40 times" are now saying "Why are his stats not 40 million better"...either you want a ball control offense or you want the air raid back, they need to make up thier minds.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So.....

The Cowboys should start that elephant instead of Dak?

Wouldn't that be against some rule?

........I don't understand.
I would make the elephant into a RB. I don't care how slow it goes, whomis going to tackle him and I can imagine the elephant stiff trunking the tacklers as he rumbles down field.

The other choice would be to make it into a LG. I think he can take out 4 defenders. The runs up the middle would be legendary

Swagger

Reaction score
Truth be told......there are many on here that don't like our QB. It's that simple......now the question would be.....Why? Our hero, TRomo was a highlight film.....good or bad, and let us down numerous times in the postseason......but he gets keys to the city.....with no more than a wedding band on his finger.
I think it's simply because Romo had the mindset that he played to win whereas watching Prescott it looks like he plays not to lose. Yes, as a result Romo made a load of boneheaded plays - arguably a lot of those were made because he was trying to do too much with an inferior team but he also played key roles in numerous wins. Whereas Prescott, who has had better defenses than Romo, is not a playmaker, so people argue what does he actually bring to the table apart from feast on bad teams? The supposed intangibles haven't mattered in the big games so that's a moot point really.
Last seasons defense was gouged in the run...any "Romo vs Dak" discussion that ends in one being percieved better than the other is not factually provable. Again your personal opinion of Romo is better than that of Daks but nothing done by either QB can seperate one from the other so far.
Prescott has had a better offensive line and defense throughout the entirety of his career than Romo. That isn't an assertion or opinion It's there for all too see and backed up by those that only accept anything at face value if backed up by stat after stat after stat. When that is factored into their play then people can come to their own conclusion as to who was the better quarterback.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I think it's simply because Romo had the mindset that he played to win whereas watching Prescott it looks like he plays not to lose. Yes, as a result Romo made a load of boneheaded plays - arguably a lot of those were made because he was trying to do too much with an inferior team but he also played key roles in numerous wins. Whereas Prescott, who has had better defenses than Romo, is not a playmaker, so people argue what does he actually bring to the table apart from feast on bad teams? The intangibles haven't mattered in the big games so that's a moot point really.

Prescott has had a better offensive line and defense throughout the entirety of his career than Romo. That isn't an assertion or opinion It's there for all too see and backed up by those that only accept anything at face value if backed up by stats. When that is factored into their play then people can come to their own conclusion as to who was the better quarterback.

And thats what i said your conclussion nothing factual can seperate them because neither did or has done anything that would...Again i am a huge Romo fan and I also like Dak, but trying to say either has accomplished anything to be better than the other is purley an opinion with no substance to prove it. Like saying one had better players than the other...they have both had good teams and suspect teams at times. I think this defense is probably the best we have had for either so maybe this can get us somewhere.

Cmac

Reaction score
I think it's simply because Romo had the mindset that he played to win whereas watching Prescott it looks like he plays not to lose. Yes, as a result Romo made a load of boneheaded plays - arguably a lot of those were made because he was trying to do too much with an inferior team but he also played key roles in numerous wins. Whereas Prescott, who has had better defenses than Romo, is not a playmaker, so people argue what does he actually bring to the table apart from feast on bad teams? The supposed intangibles haven't mattered in the big games so that's a moot point really.

Prescott has had a better offensive line and defense throughout the entirety of his career than Romo. That isn't an assertion or opinion It's there for all too see and backed up by those that only accept anything at face value if backed up by stat after stat after stat. When that is factored into their play then people can come to their own conclusion as to who was the better quarterback.
That's why we're on the board......we have opinions regardless of agreement or disagreement. All good.

Swagger

Reaction score
This, for sure Dak can play better than he did the first half and did the 2nd half, its funny and predictable that the same people saying "Dak doesnt need to throw the ball 40 times" are now saying "Why are his stats not 40 million better"...either you want a ball control offense or you want the air raid back, they need to make up thier minds.
What's the point paying a QB elite money if they are driving the bus in a ball control offense? I have no issue Prescott doing this but ultimately Cooper Rush showed that Prescott isn't needed if this is the type of offense being utilising unless he executes elite level throws (I have not seen him pull this off in big games in the past) or use his legs which is what gave him his edge in the past. His best play against the Seahawks in the play off win was with his legs. Can he roll back the years and start picking up first downs with his legs to continue drives? If so, then ok great I'm good with that. If not, I really do not see how he will be a difference maker when it matters.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What's the point paying a QB elite money if they are driving the bus in a ball control offense? I have no issue Prescott doing this but ultimately Cooper Rush showed that Prescott isn't needed if this is the type of offense being utilising unless he executes elite level throws (I have not seen him pull this off in big games in the past) or use his legs which is what gave him his edge in the past. His best play against the Seahawks in the play off win was with his legs. Can he roll back the years and start picking up first downs with his legs to continue drives? If so, then ok great I'm good with that. If not, I really do not see how he will be a difference maker when it matters.

Again if you think Rush is a better QB then thats an opinion i dont share..FOR THIS SEASON i want Dak to run this ball control offense and let this defense do what it does because Dak is the better QB. If you have a way to upgrade the QB position right now for this season i would love to see it. He can make throws that Rush can not make and he is more mobile..best QB on the roster, pay is set why would we not play the best QB on the roster?

Swagger

Reaction score
In my example above Romo was imo able to execute elite level throws when required whilst driving the bus in 2014. That's also what warranted a vote for MVP. I do not see Prescott being able to do this but he had better wheels than this Romo so if he starts to use his legs then he could open up the offense and become a difference maker

Swagger

Reaction score
Again if you think Rush is a better QB then thats an opinion i dont share..FOR THIS SEASON i want Dak to run this ball control offense and let this defense do what it does because Dak is the better QB. If you have a way to upgrade the QB position right now for this season i would love to see it. He can make throws that Rush can not make and he is more mobile..best QB on the roster, pay is set why would we not play the best QB on the roster?
I agree Prescott is the better QB. Rush is a practice squad QB and only a viable back up at Dallas because he knows the system.
I'm looking ahead to the play offs. Apart from a bad injury to Parsons the Cowboys easily make the play offs and at this stage only really have the Eagles to worry about from the NFC and perhaps the 49ers if they get healthy. If they reach the Superbowl then it's a one off game but the Cowboys would likely have to beat either the Bills or Chiefs. Both formidable teams. My point being can you see Prescott playing well enough to win that game? Personally I don't see it unless the D play out of their minds.

This is a Superbowl roster. No team is strong at every position but overall make no mistake this is a roster that can go all the way. NFC Championship is the very minimum with this group of players and for me the Superbowl is the target given the NFC is there for the taking.

Verdict

Reaction score
Maybe Hankins can give Dak some advise on the finer points of playing QB?

Verdict

Reaction score
I agree Prescott is the better QB. Rush is a practice squad QB and only a viable back up at Dallas because he knows the system.
I'm looking ahead to the play offs. Apart from a bad injury to Parsons the Cowboys easily make the play offs and at this stage only really have the Eagles to worry about from the NFC and perhaps the 49ers if they get healthy. If they reach the Superbowl then it's a one off game but the Cowboys would likely have to beat either the Bills or Chiefs. Both formidable teams. My point being can you see Prescott playing well enough to win that game? Personally I don't see it unless the D play out of their minds.

This is a Superbowl roster. No team is strong at every position but overall make no mistake this is a roster that can go all the way. NFC Championship is the very minimum with this group of players and for me the Superbowl is the target given the NFC is there for the taking.
Good team. Potential SB winner. We just need better QB play or it is a pipe dream.

Dakota

Reaction score
He is still by far the best QB in the NFCE and will only get better as his thumb heals and he shakes some of the rust off. Our defense will wins games for us in the interim as we make a steady push to the top spot in our division. Every team in our division is afraid to play us, and they should be.

GINeric

Reaction score
What would those reasons be?

Ask the families of Jackie Robinson, Jesse Owens, Hank Aaron, Muhammed Ali and Bill Russell. Pretty much the same reason why these guys were hated on for reasons outside of their sports.

Vandyr

Reaction score
Ask the families of Jackie Robinson, Jesse Owens, Hank Aaron, Muhammed Ali and Bill Russell. Pretty much the same reason why these guys were hated on for reasons outside of their sports.
You’re pathetic. Stop posting here.