Dak and the elephant in the room

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I am sure that a few people fall into this category. On the other hand I think the vast majority want to see Dak succeed but are starting to become more and more doubtful that Dak can get it done and more and more convinced that Dak is probably not the right guy to win us a SB.

I still think Dak can be that guy especially if surrounded by the right supporting cast. He never had support from a defense this good so I can't wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds.

Verdict

Reaction score
You spent far too much time on a speculative assessment. Did you expect Dak to come in lighting things on fire on the very first play? And I think Dak would certainly be questioning IQ too, if he read this. Dak needs contact lens, KMoore missing in this, Dak & Zeke are handicaps, no mention of LVE, SB talk with the same results TRomo gave us......just to punch holes a bit in this.
Maybe. You can call it speculation if you like. I’d say it’s more of an opinion.

But I am willing to bet that there are probably more people that think along these lines than either the pro-Dak or anti-Dak hordes at the present time.

Verdict

Reaction score
I still think Dak can be that guy especially if surrounded by the right supporting cast. He never had support from a defense this good so I can't wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds.

I’m willing to concede it MIGHT be possible. In fact I’m hoping so.

But pouring a dose of reality on that line of thinking leads me back to:

1. Dak has played really poorly against good teams as a general rule. He’s going to have multiple playoff games to win a SB so Dak is going to have to buck that trend to get us a SB win.

2. He is going to need to ride a really good defense to get us there. He HAS that right now, but we have to figure out how to stop the run or it’s not going to be good enough.

3. Dak is a notoriously slow starter. You don’t get mulligans in the playoffs.

4. Dak is costing us $40m per year. That takes a lot away from the salary cap to maintain the talent around him.

5. Dak is trending down. Not up.

We can catch lightning in a bottle and win a SB with Dak. But I don’t like the way the odds are shaping up right now. I’d like to believe it but right now the smart money is betting against it happening.

Verdict

Reaction score
Our receivers are not getting open. Even when Rush was playing Receivers were blanketed. We are missing Cooper more than we think.
That’s simply not true. Lol. Just because Dak can’t see them doesn’t make them any less open.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dak is not good enough to beat the best teams. This team needs Rush to advance in the playoffs. Rush keeps the team from trying to do too much.
Dak is going to have to get better but I don’t think Rush is better than Dak. But I do believe Rush sees the field better than Dak and I’m not sure it’s even close.

Vandyr

Reaction score
At this point I think the anti-Dak sentiment among certain Cowboys "fans" has less to do with his capabilities as a player and more to do with other "things" not related to football.

And that is all I am going to say on this because I want to stay on this forum.

You should be banned.

Verdict

Reaction score
Pointing out facts to you apparently doesn't get in your way of evaluating the game, does it?

You have some issues, seriously.

Again, you should really lighten up on personal attacks and insults.

Zman5

Reaction score
This is a perfect example of deflection. Nice job of responding to the thread but avoiding actually addressing the point of the thread.

And this is a perfect example of overreaction. My reply was to another poster who made a comment about success rate of QBs that were picked with high draft picks.

Verdict

Reaction score
I agree with everything you say but I do hope the Cowboys can generate enough on offense to get us to the promise land. I think Dak is inconsistent and is not worth his big contract but I hope our defense and offense can do the job. After all, even Trent Dilfer has won a Super Bowl.
1. Dilfer won a SB and was probably a less talented QB than Dak.
2. I don’t think that the Cowboys defense is quite on par with that Ravens defense “yet”.
3. These are different times. The rules are slanted toward offenses. Dak will most likely have to do more than Dilfer did.
4. Back in those days teams emphasized the run and the Ravens had one of the best in the league if I remember correctly.

Swagger

Reaction score
At this point I think the anti-Dak sentiment among certain Cowboys "fans" has less to do with his capabilities as a player and more to do with other "things" not related to football.

And that is all I am going to say on this because I want to stay on this forum.
Should really result in a ban for this poster.

Swagger

Reaction score
That is true. Romo was better than Dak across the board with one exception…..Romo tried to do way too much and his mistakes killed us. Romo might be a hall of fame QB if we had a defense and a legitimate OL in front of him.
But Romo wouldn't have had to do so much if he regularly had defenses like Prescott has had like this current and last season.

jgboys1

Reaction score
1. Dilfer won a SB and was probably a less talented QB than Dak.
2. I don’t think that the Cowboys defense is quite on par with that Ravens defense “yet”.
3. These are different times. The rules are slanted toward offenses. Dak will most likely have to do more than Dilfer did.
4. Back in those days teams emphasized the run and the Ravens had one of the best in the league if I remember correctly.
You make valid points. Hopefully with our 2 running backs we can establish a solid running game and the defense gets better as the season goes on. Need Dak to be smart with the ball and realize he doesn’t have to win the game by himself. Just drive the bus. Time will tell.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Should really result in a ban for this poster.

I expected more from you man. Banning ? why because he spoke his mind or that he hinted at something that makes us uncomfortable ? So if you say something not approved by the MOB , that's it we'll just get rid of you?

Seems a little harsh don't ya think.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
So we’re comparing Dak to Goff? When did Goff go up against the worst defense in the league? When did Goff have WR group like ceedee, Amari, and cedrick wilson, Gallup, and two running backs. Recall Dak wasn’t great pre-Amari and so far hasn’t looked good without him. Give Goff those weapons and him going up against the worst defense, now that’s a fair comparison. I’m not saying Goff is great by any means, but Dak is down there with him, especially if you put him on the Lions.

Goff was 1st overall

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If the mods want to delete my earlier post I understand.

I was out of line and apologize if I offended anyone. I will be taking a self-imposed break from this forum since I realize what I said was not appropriate.

Swagger

Reaction score
I expected more from you man. Banning ? why because he spoke his mind or that he hinted at something that makes us uncomfortable ? So if you say something not approved by the MOB , that's it we'll just get rid of you?

Seems a little harsh don't ya think.
Because I'm fed up with some people not accepting that others simply do not rate Dak Prescott particularly highly based on his play on the field alone and nothing else.