Dak can make every throw

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You are not completely wrong about Dak. Despite the perfect Passer Rating, he did not have a perfect game (albeit, he played REALLY well).. Still, you are missing that fact that he made some very good throws in this game.

Yes, he was slightly behind receivers a few times and his guys made him look good on those plays. To me, I've already seen a big improvement on a number of things that I've been harping on Dak over the last few seasons. He seems to be anticipating his throws better and trusting his receivers and his reads. His long passes to Gallup were among the perfect examples of this. Cobb may not be quite as quick as Beasley, but his speed gives us a new wrinkle in the slot and Dak exploited it evey chance he got. Outside of an uncharacterisitc drop, Copper looked terrific too.

Yes, I know it's one game and the "throw behinds" are a bit disconcerting, but I think this season they are more about receiver timing than about "getting the ball out late" like in past seasons, as he was not missing by much on those throws against the Giants (giving his receivers a chance ti make plays). I think this is eminently correctable and with the talent at the position Dak has to work with, I'm highly optimisitc that Dak will continue to improve in this regard. As far as "intangibles, work ethic and leadership" all of the great ones had or (in the case of a few still playing) have it. His teammates in the huddle (and even on the other side of the ball) believe in this guy and that's good enough for me

Yeah, he won't have games like this every week, but I think he's gotten better and I believe that he will continue to improve his ball placement over the course of the season. Based upon the guy I saw on Sunday, I've gone from hopeful but somewhat skeptical about Dak to a cautiously optimisitc Dak believer. That is based on what the eye test told me about Dak in the past and what my eyes are telling me about him now.
I'm not missing anything my friend because I wasn't speaking on just this game. Maybe I did but I don't even remember specifically speaking on just this game in this thread. I hope you don't think I came to this current pov of Dak off one game? I didn't and it will take more than a game to reverse my pov too. Speaking on this game I've stated in other threads he played good so I don't get why you're breaking down this game like I said it wasn't good overall. I'll just blame it on online and that sometimes leading to miscommunication.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Wait, Now you take his “get a life” statement literally??

You’re fun
:clap:
I'll excuse your stupidity on asking this question and not taking my reply to it as sarcasm on the Internet miscommunication. I've been described as a fun guy so I'll take that as a positive.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I don't get why y'all grown men switch the post that's actually in the there to put lies in their place. Seems like something my little siblings would do. Y'all are too old for that stuff.

I take it you have proof that proves I was disappointed in the performance even though there are tons of post giving Dak credit on this game? Smarten up
Didn’t you just say you’re not a happy fan?

Now be honest with yourself. What messages do you think that sends

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Signs of online stupidity is mentioning tones in something that is tone less. You can't get me upset but I understand that it would make your day if you could. You posted bs I called it ou and if that makes me upset using your definition of the word I guess I'm guilty as charged.

You should apologize for having to come with such a bogus stat to prove your QB is good. If he was as good as you stans claim you wouldn't have to make up bogus stats to show he's good. Thanks for taking my advice about public schools they are doing a disservice to the youth my friend.
Oh. Now the term “tones” is taken literally by you, but when you said bogus and made up regarding a stat I should understand your meaning by the context?

You need a deep breath and try to regroup. You’re taking it on the chin!!!
(That’s a metaphor)

Philmonroe

Reaction score
What about the stat is bogus and made up to you? Are you able to articulate it without getting in your feels?
Of course I'm able to post why the stat is basura without getting in my feelings. It is just too simple for me to have to post. I'm not in my feelings now no matter how bad you'd like me to be in them. I understand people like you thrive on that but unfortunately you can't post anything to get me in my feels my friend.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Didn’t you just say you’re not a happy fan?

Now be honest with yourself. What messages do you think that sends
Your emotions really have you looking not smart sir. Your little tag team buddy in this thread swapped out my post and put that in himself smh.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Of course I'm able to post why the stat is basura without getting in my feelings. It is just too simple for me to have to post. I'm not in my feelings now no matter how bad you'd like me to be in them. I understand people like you thrive on that but unfortunately you can't post anything to get me in my feels my friend.
Yes. That seems completely true. Any reasonable person could see that.

Blake

Reaction score

So can't do it. Gotcha.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Probably a freudian slip. He's just not a happy person..lol.
Nobody that knows me in real life says I'm not a happy person so I'll take it from a random online as just someone mad they can't get me to conform to their way of thinking. Maybe you're also projecting and you're not the happy person just saying.

Cap12

Reaction score
I'm not missing anything my friend because I wasn't speaking on just this game. Maybe I did but I don't even remember specifically speaking on just this game in this thread. I hope you don't think I came to this current pov of Dak off one game? I didn't and it will take more than a game to reverse my pov too. Speaking on this game I've stated in other threads he played good so I don't get why you're breaking down this game like I said it wasn't good overall. I'll just blame it on online and that sometimes leading to miscommunication.

My point was that you were failing to see the difference in Dak's improved style of play compared to the way he's played in the past. I'm not just talking about stats or even results of successful plays. I'm talking about Dak aniticipating his reads better, trusting his receivers so that they can catch the ball in stride and produce better YAC and "getting the ball out on time". These are things that I've harped on him on the past about, but he's clearly changed his philosophy (Kitna?) and is looking like the big time QB we hoped he would turn out to be after his rookie season.

Could he regress (knock on wood NO!). It's possible, but based upon what my eyes are telling me, Dakota Prescott is not only a different QB this season but a better one. I'm hopeful that he will continue to improve as the season goes on, but for the first time, I see only tweaks to his game rather than an overhaul of his mechanics. That gives me great reasons for optimism!

Philmonroe

Reaction score
My point was that you were failing to see the difference in Dak's improved style of play compared to the way he's played in the past. I'm not just talking about stats or even results of successful plays. I'm talking about Dak aniticipating his reads better, trusting his receivers so that they can catch the ball in stride and produce better YAC and "getting the ball out on time". These are things that I've harped on him on the past about, but he's clearly changed his philosophy (Kitna?) and is looking like the big time QB we hoped he would turn out to be after his rookie season.

Could he regress (knock on wood NO!). It's possible, but based upon what my eyes are telling me, Dakota Prescott is not only a different QB this season but a better one. I'm hopeful that he will continue to improve as the season goes on, but for the first time, I see only tweaks to his game rather than an overhaul of his mechanics. That gives me great reasons for optimism!
Your point is honestly madness because it’s been one dang game. If that’s how you do your business fine but that’s not how I do mine and said as much in the last post you just quoted. One game doesn’t get me to switch my opinion on things one way or another.

Blake

Reaction score
Your point is honestly madness because it’s been one dang game. If that’s how you do your business fine but that’s not how I do mine and said as much in the last post you just quoted. One game doesn’t get me to switch my opinion on things one way or another.

Ok then. It was only one game. At least be man enough to admit that everything @Cap12 said was true for that one game.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Ok then. It was only one game. At least be man enough to admit that everything @Cap12 said was true for that one game.
I’ve told you many times in this thread your psychology 101 tactics don’t work on me. Show proof that I disagreed and or posted anywhere on this site anything contrary to his post in regards to that one game. When you show that you maybe your point of being admitting like a man would make sense. As it stands now you’re just looking more emotional like a scorned lover.

Cap12

Reaction score

Again, not going off of stats or even results (that would be madness, lol). I'm talking about Dak displaying better technique and the correct philiosphy. He also displayed this in the preseason, so it's not neccessarily a fluke. I'm not saying Dak is a finsihed product. I am saying he seems to be moving in the right direction and we have fans have every reason to feel optimistic (esepcially since it yielded positive results aginst the Giants) .

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Here’s more stats posted by @QuincyCarterEra

#Cowboys QB Dak Prescott's last 12 games:

292-414 (70.5%)

3,329 passing yards

21 passing TDs

4 interceptions

196 rushing yards

6 rushing TDs.

Passer Rating of 107.3

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Again, not going off of stats or even results (that would be madness, lol). I'm talking about Dak displaying better technique and the correct philiosphy. He also displayed this in the preseason, so it's not neccessarily a fluke. I'm not saying Dak is a finsihed product. I am saying he seems to be moving in the right direction and we have fans have every reason to feel optimistic (esepcially since it yielded positive results aginst the Giants) .
It doesn’t matter what you’re talking about in this instance because it’s a straw man to what I’m talking about. The preseason? Stop it. Who said you shouldn’t feel optimistic? I never said or implied such. You keep strawmaning everything I post.