Dak, CeeDee, and Micah need to take note of Jalen Brunson

HomeBiscuit

Reaction score
At this point last summer Jalen Brunson had already achieved more team success in 1 year in NY than our trio of superstars have in years but it was comparable. Over the past year, Although having never been an All Star, his impact on his team’s regular season success made him an MVP candidate. In the playoffs with his team severely banged up he averaged numbers that have only been achieved by 2 players in the history of the NBA playoffs, Michael Jordan and Lebron James. His performance earned him the right to demand a max deal, contrary to the performances that our 3 players displayed while still maintaining the belief that they are owed maxed deals. Yesterday Jalen Brunson took a deal that lost him $113 MILLION for the team’s benefit. He said he studied what champions like Mahomes and Brady and Duncan did and this had to be done. Our 3losers on the field maybe are just that, incapable of winning. Will they not at least try to help the team win via this other avenue?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
At this point last summer Jalen Brunson had already achieved more team success in 1 year in NY than our trio of superstars have in years but it was comparable. Over the past year, Although having never been an All Star, his impact on his team’s regular season success made him an MVP candidate. In the playoffs with his team severely banged up he averaged numbers that have only been achieved by 2 players in the history of the NBA playoffs, Michael Jordan and Lebron James. His performance earned him the right to demand a max deal, contrary to the performances that our 3 players displayed while still maintaining the belief that they are owed maxed deals. Yesterday Jalen Brunson took a deal that lost him $113 MILLION for the team’s benefit. He said he studied what champions like Mahomes and Brady and Duncan did and this had to be done. Our 3losers on the field maybe are just that, incapable of winning. Will they not at least try to help the team win via this other avenue?
Why would these guys help Jerry screw things up more?

Here is a quote explaining what Brunson did…..

From that perspective, this extension comes off as more of a partnership decision. Brunson is helping the Knicks during their peak championship window. Down the line, he has a chance to be well-compensated for doing so. He's trusting the Knicks to take care of him as he has done for them.

I’d never trust the Knicks but aye….

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why would these guys help Jerry screw things up more?

Here is a quote explaining what Brunson did…..

From that perspective, this extension comes off as more of a partnership decision. Brunson is helping the Knicks during their peak championship window. Down the line, he has a chance to be well-compensated for doing so. He's trusting the Knicks to take care of him as he has done for them.

I’d never trust the Knicks but aye….
Why would they not we're not talking about that big pay cut? I mean we're talking about two different sports 1 doesn't have a cap and one does it's completely different sport so we shouldn't even be having this discussion...

so thank the OP for putting this nonsense up ,

however the way I look at it though they don't need to set new market money I don't get why they need to be the highest paid non quarterback in the league they should take some kind of top five money just like diggs, did why could diggs do it he was four when he signed now he's 5... you're still a millionaire, you're still making a lot of money ,and you're helping your team just enough where they might be able to add 1 extra player that's why would you want to be on a team that if you take maximum amount of money you could end up being on a worse team...

I think that's the problem here the egos of some of our players with the star on their helmets they want to be the top player the top money the new market setting record setting trend setting bragging rights contract i can't even list enough descriptive words, it's an ego problem..

We're not asking them to take a discount we're saying don't be super greedy just take a top five deal like say you were third in money..

I don't get why that's a problem like Prescott it'd be nice if he would take 54 instead of 60 and see lamb he doesn't need to be looking for 38 or whatever it is 35 for JJ why can't he take 33, more than AJ brown less than JJ and let's just move on, he would be 2nd in WR money but 3rd in NFL money. that not enough?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don’t completely disagree, but salaries in the NFL, along with player freedom of movement, is unparalleled.
The NBA…..Players hold most of the power. Max contracts, hundreds of millions for being the 3rd best player on your team. Demand a trade and you usually get it. Get some buddies together and form a group for a new team. Get the coach fired; name the guy you want as coach is you’re a star. Longer careers. Sit out whenever you want or have a nagging injury.

In the NFL, the owners run the league. They have most of the power. Short careers. In the NFL, you don’t have teams lined up to pay you huge money if your team doesn’t want to unless you are a free agent. To keep an important player from reaching free agency in the NFL, you don’t have to pay them free agency money. You can franchise tag them. NFL players have to get their money whenever they can because one play can end their careers. That and their agents also protecting their own interests is why we now have guaranteed money being more important than the actual contracts or annual averages.

As a Cowboys fan, I want these guys to take team friendly deals, but if I was their dads or agents, Lamb and Dak would both be doing exactly what they are doing, and Parsons would be telling Jerry right now that next year he’s going to pay him top of the market or he should trade me soon to at least get him some draft picks.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm a Knicks fan, and it's been rough. I tuned out for a long time, because Dolan was terrible forever.

This team is drastically different from most modern day athletes. These are sweat pants and hoodie guys who play as much for each other as themselves. It's rare. Brunson mentality is rare. Good luck getting the Cowboys to buy in.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm a Knicks fan, and it's been rough. I tuned out for a long time, because Dolan was terrible forever.

This team is drastically different from most modern day athletes. These are sweat pants and hoodie guys who play as much for each other as themselves. It's rare. Brunson mentality is rare. Good luck getting the Cowboys to buy in.
Brunson basically took less so they could overpay for other guys and that’s exactly what would happen in Dallas. Dak and Lamb take less just so they can give OSA 70 million lol.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Stop with the anti-pay undertones...ill call it out every single time i see on this board...

Brunson will likely have an NBA exec job for many years after his playing days are over...the dude knows he has great income secured for virtually as long as he works until he wants to retire.

Not all players have that.

Also...stop trying to get players to short themselves for a stupid trophy, parade, small bonus and name etched in history that no one cares about.

A trophy doesnt provide services, A parade doesnt provide services, name etched in history doesnt provide services...money does.

This is disgusting and should be cleaned up around here. No one here is taking a pay cut so their company can be labeled the best company in its field. Get out of here.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Stop with the anti-pay undertones...ill call it out every single time i see on this board...

Brunson will likely have an NBA exec job for many years after his playing days are over...the dude knows he has great income secured for virtually as long as he works until he wants to retire.

Also...stop trying to get players to short themselves for a stupid trophy, parade, small bonus and name etched in history that no one cares about.

A trophy doesnt provide services, A parade doesnt provide services, name etched in history doesnt provide services...money does.

This is disgusting and should be cleaned up around here. No one here is taking a pay cut so their company can be labeled the best company in its field. Get out of here.
this Brunson's situation is not much diferent than the nepotism here...he is family hell they got fined for tampering and didnt even deny it as his Godfather is the one signing the checks...he has a nice handshake deal that the NBA never minded not spotlighting.

CWR

Reaction score
Brunson basically took less so they could overpay for other guys and that’s exactly what would happen in Dallas. Dak and Lamb take less just so they can give OSA 70 million lol.
Yes, the fact is even if we saved a ton of money this FO has demonstrated an unwillingness to aggressively surround those guys with talent.

Maybe more athletes would be willing if they believed in their FO. The Nova connection is just different.

Part of that logic is why I'm OK with re-signing Dak. Because if we don't I have no faith they'll actually use the cap savings to make us better.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
I don't get why that's a problem like Prescott it'd be nice if he would take 54 instead of 60 and see lamb he doesn't need to be looking for 38 or whatever it is 35 for JJ why can't he take 33, more than AJ brown less than JJ and let's just move on, he would be 2nd in WR money but 3rd in NFL money. that not enough?

You answered your own question . Maybe Dak isnt the guy you think he is . And as Mountaineer said , I wouldn't sign Dak for Free . He blows and is just wasting our time . Let another fan base suffer and pay the Doe Eye Choker

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The NBA sucks!!! Keep it out of this American football forum.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
As much as I want to move on from Dak, i would more than welcome him at $15MM a year.

The problem isn’t him though. The Jones’ would squander all the additional cap space
I'll take the 3 time Super Bowl champs Jones' over the winner of nothing in his life Dak.

Jerry is a better GM than Dak is QB.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Brunson, at over $39 million per season, makes significantly more than Parsons and Lamb. And he’ll always make more than they do. Look at what he did sign for, not at what he didn’t sign for.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Great post.

ATXSRT

Reaction score

You act like Micah isn't already one foot in the door to an analyst position after he's done here. Every Cowboy gets this opportunity if they want it. There are more opportunities here in Dallas to make money off the field than any other team.

You really think Jaylon Smith's "Clear Eye View" glasses brand would have taken off if he was a Cleveland Brown?