Dak contract = Deshaun Watson contract

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not in a cap world it isn't. Cap hits next 4 years: $90M, $68M, $62M and $72M. Any restructures to reduce those amounts don't eliminate those hits it just pushes them into outer years and they'll come due when he leaves. His salary most definitely is relevant. Even if we just paid him the $55M per that was generally expected (even though signing him at all this season was dumb) that's close to the difference between Zeke ($2M per) and Henry ($8M per; $5M cap hit in 2024)
Cowboys don’t didn’t money on free agents. That’s why it’s irrelevant. They have 20 million in space now…nothing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Peyton Manning. Well actually he was terrible that last SB not good.
Sorry but that’s a poor example.

For the Broncos, Manning was just as successful, helping them win the Division title each year he was with them. He also helped them reach two Super Bowls and won the 50th iteration of the event en route to retirement

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
In fairness though, he posted for years warning of the dangers ahead only to be brutally attacked by the defenders. So, he has every right to bask in being proven right.

As for only posting if the Cowboys lose, even if that's true, he's going to be posting a lot.
He created his account in February 2021 after the Cowboys went 12-5. What dangers were ahead? We went 12-5 the next 2 seasons with a playoff win. He’s been trashing Dak and the team ever since he created his account. He wants dangers ahead for the team, because he hates the Cowboys. When the team wins, he never shows up after the game. When the Cowboys lose, his posts are all over the board after the game, tearing down Dak and the organization. When we beat the Bucs in the playoffs, he was nowhere to be found but was posting immediately after the loss to SF the following week, ripping Dak. Does that sound like normal fan behavior to you? Normal fan behavior is tearing down the team and QB when it’s deserved but also celebrating a big win and great performance. Disappearing after wins, especially playoff wins isn’t normal. The guy isn’t a Cowboys fan. He enjoys trolling Cowboys fans because he has an agenda.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many times do I have to say "Let other teams chase fools gold"?

There are only 32 of the jobs available. You can get someone. They may not be any better but if you are paying them a fraction & free to move on from them, you have won.
And plenty of teams have.

Tampa Bay mortgaged the future on Brady and won a Super Bowl.

They reloaded and hit pay dirt with Mayfield.

The Chiefs struck gold - realized it - and quickly extended Mahomes long term. Now they retool around him and one or two other guys and win year after year.

The Steelers realized Pickett wasn’t the guy and acquired not one but two cheap options.

Washington has gotten rid of Snyder and rebuilt overnight.

Seattle rebounded with Geno Smith.

Cleveland pick up Winston for peanuts.

There are plenty of ways to better manage the quarterback position.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m enjoying watching the guy you desperately want to be QB for life let you down week after week and year after year.
If you were a Cowboys fan you wouldn’t be enjoying the QB and team stinking it up. You’re relishing in it. Why don’t you show up after wins?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He created his account in February 2021 after the Cowboys went 12-5. What dangers were ahead? We went 12-5 the next 2 seasons with a playoff win. He’s been trashing Dak and the team ever since he created his account. He wants dangers ahead for the team, because he hates the Cowboys. When the team wins, he never shows up after the game. When the Cowboys lose, his posts are all over the board after the game, tearing down Dak and the organization. When we beat the Bucs in the playoffs, he was nowhere to be found but was posting immediately after the loss to SF the following week, ripping Dak. Does that sound like normal fan behavior to you? Normal fan behavior is tearing down the team and QB when it’s deserved but also celebrating a big win and great performance. Disappearing after wins, especially playoff wins isn’t normal. The guy isn’t a Cowboys fan. He enjoys trolling Cowboys fans because he has an agenda.
Why you lying, bro?

The only time I’m not posting is if I’m benched.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
In fairness though, he posted for years warning of the dangers ahead only to be brutally attacked by the defenders.
He gets attacked because he never shows any support for the team and only shows up to relish in a loss. He always picks against the Cowboys and has said numerous times he not only wants the team to lose but lose big. What kind of fan is that?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sorry but that’s a poor example.

For the Broncos, Manning was just as successful, helping them win the Division title each year he was with them. He also helped them reach two Super Bowls and won the 50th iteration of the event en route to retirement
In his SB year he threw for 2200 yards 9 TDs and 17 picks. You asked the question I gave you the answer lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why you lying, bro?

The only time I’m not posting is if I’m benched.
I never see you here after wins. I remember looking for you after we beat Tampa in the playoffs but you were nowhere to be found. However, you magically reappeared the following week after the loss to SF. If you’re getting benched that often then what does that say about your posting habits?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He gets attacked because he never shows any support for the team and only shows up to relish in a loss. He always picks against the Cowboys and has said numerous times he not only wants the team to lose but lose big. What kind of fan is that?
Why do you care so much about him posting what he posts? I think he is getting to much in your head.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If it was a “SB year”, it was successful. Far more successful than the Joneses or Prescott could ever DREAM OF.

You can’t argue that Manning disappointed when he ultimately won the Super Bowl.
That’s not what you asked though.

You said you didn’t recall a QB getting superstar money and being “good”….

Not only was he not good he was flat out bad and retired afterwards. You never said if he was successful or not. I certainly didn’t argue that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s not what you asked though.

You said you didn’t recall a QB getting superstar money and being “good”….

Not only was he not good he was flat out bad and retired afterwards. You never said if he was successful or not. I certainly didn’t argue that.
I can’t remember one that’s won while paying ‘Superstar salary’ to a “good” quarterback.

Your answer does fit the criteria.

For reference, was Denver paying Manning top-of-the-league money at that time? I don’t remember off the top of my head.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Your answer does fit the criteria.

For reference, was Denver paying Manning top-of-the-league money at that time? I don’t remember off the top of my head.
I remember they gave him 100 million with a bad neck. Seems like superstars money in 2012.