Dak could not have done what Rodgers just did

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Lots of post here compare Dak to Manning, Brady, and paint Dak as an MVP front-runner. I like to share a different perspective.

Rodgers missing his top 3 receivers, 3 O-line man including David Bakhtiari, and his defensive coordinator--went into Arizona and beat the hottest team in football. That game is the definition of a QB doing more with less. That is a true MVP caliber QB and that someone who should be pay 40 millions a year.

Is that Dak? Can Dak do what Rodgers just did? Has Dak ever won against the best team in the league while being significantly undermanned? If we didn't have Lamb, Cooper, Gallup, missing 3 O-lineman, no Dan Quinn, and a running game that not as good as Zeke/Pollard, would we have beaten the Cardinals in their home? Rodgers has only thrown one pick this year, while Dak threw a pick against the lowly Giants.

Dak does "enough" for this team to win games because our roster is stack. He has only beaten the worst team in the league (Lions, Falcons, Giants, Eagles), without a running game in his entire career. He has not even beaten a single average team when the running game is absent.

Dak is not an MVP front-runner but he is in the conversation. Put any other top 10 QB on this team and they would do the same or better; Dalton is a backup, not a starter. Dak is not a top 5 QB but he is a fringe top 10 QB who look better thanks to the talent on this team and our division. I do think we have the #1 overall rosters with few flaw while having a decent amount of depth. Depth that team like the Rams, Cardinals, Bucs, Packers, and others don't have.
Who cares….lol. What is the point of your opinion in the long run? Dak is not Aaron Rodgers who will be a first ballot hall of famer…..so what? He doesn’t need to be. Dak is exactly what Dallas needs for this team and this offense……It’s a perfect pairing. I don’t care if he ever gets into the HOF. Romo won’t be in there either. But Dak wins games.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Who cares….lol. What is the point of your opinion in the long run? Dak is not Aaron Rodgers who will be a first ballot hall of famer…..so what? He doesn’t need to be. Dak is exactly what Dallas needs for this team and this offense……It’s a perfect pairing. I don’t care if he ever gets into the HOF. Romo won’t be in there either. But Dak wins games.

The guy is a hack.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lots of post here compare Dak to Manning, Brady, and paint Dak as an MVP front-runner. I like to share a different perspective.

Rodgers missing his top 3 receivers, 3 O-line man including David Bakhtiari, and his defensive coordinator--went into Arizona and beat the hottest team in football. That game is the definition of a QB doing more with less. That is a true MVP caliber QB and that someone who should be pay 40 millions a year.

Is that Dak? Can Dak do what Rodgers just did? Has Dak ever won against the best team in the league while being significantly undermanned? If we didn't have Lamb, Cooper, Gallup, missing 3 O-lineman, no Dan Quinn, and a running game that not as good as Zeke/Pollard, would we have beaten the Cardinals in their home? Rodgers has only thrown one pick this year, while Dak threw a pick against the lowly Giants.

Dak does "enough" for this team to win games because our roster is stack. He has only beaten the worst team in the league (Lions, Falcons, Giants, Eagles), without a running game in his entire career. He has not even beaten a single average team when the running game is absent.

Dak is not an MVP front-runner but he is in the conversation. Put any other top 10 QB on this team and they would do the same or better; Dalton is a backup, not a starter. Dak is not a top 5 QB but he is a fringe top 10 QB who look better thanks to the talent on this team and our division. I do think we have the #1 overall rosters with few flaw while having a decent amount of depth. Depth that team like the Rams, Cardinals, Bucs, Packers, and others don't have.

Try looking at the Packers running game and defense in that game...

Packers Offense
Their 2nd highest rushing yards this season.

Packers Defense
Most Turnovers in any of their games this season.
Held Cardinals to their lowest rushing yards this season.
Held Cardinals to their 2nd lowest points scored this season.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I called him that....the truth hurts ...he is not a cowboys fan. its not because he doesn't support Dak,
if you would rather see cowboys lose so you can bash one player and gloat...then you are not a cowboys fan..
If you are going to pump other players from other teams, constantly bashing your own players, then you are not a cowboys fan
if you can't enjoy the wins and the success so far in the season and you find your agenda to be posting and gloating about somebody else then you are not a cowboys fan

you are a loser non-cowboy fan who has nothing left in life but to do this type of craap

@Aulac
Well his take on Dak has aged like milk. We haven’t had a trip inside the red zone without Dak lol

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Another dumb thread. Amazing how much attention they get here.

Aulac

Reaction score
We looked like **** in the first half, but we pulled it out.

I’m glad I was wrong!

PS: Let’s not get it twisted, this is a complete blowout with Dak.

This was a shocking win, really boring for most of the game though. But I can't believe how bad Cousins was, good grief. The again Brady and Burrows lost to a backup.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

This is a mind numbingly stupid thread. Yeah Dak is no Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, etc but he certainly is one of the best QBs in the NFL right now. He's not a first ballot hall of famer?! We're DOOOMED!!!! You know that you can win a Superbowl without one of the best QBs of all time right? The last part of your argument basically disproves all of the "points" you were trying to make. Yeah, plug in a top-10 QB into our team and they probably perform the same as Dak. So only10 QBs that can do what he is doing right now so I guess I ask you, what is your problem with him again?

Aulac

Reaction score
This is a mind numbingly stupid thread. Yeah Dak is no Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, etc but he certainly is one of the best QBs in the NFL right now. You know that you can win a Superbowl without one of the best QBs of all time right? The last part of your argument basically disproves all of the "points" you were trying to make. Yeah, plug in a top-10 QB into our team and they probably perform the same as Dak. There are only around 10 QBs that can do what he is doing right now so I guess I ask you, what is your problem with him again?

My only problem with him is that he is overpaid. We overpaid a QB that never once even made it to the NFCCG. At least with Flacco and Goff, they made the SB or won it. We gave him a good offer of 30 millions and he would not take it. The dude only care about money which is why he making 73 millions this year, which is more than 3 years of Tom Brady.

Aulac

Reaction score
How were you right? Oh in the opposite world I get it:thumbup:

I said Dak is not carrying this team and tonight clearly show that to be the case. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty shock and stoke at the result! It was a win/win situation for me. If you noticed, Lamb was wide open nearly every down. Our defense and running game play great. Dak has everything going for him, which is the only reason he looking good this season. I mean our roster is so good that Cooper Rush just outduel Kirk Cousins.

BleedSilverandBlue

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My only problem with him is that he is overpaid. We overpaid a QB that never once even made it to the NFCCG. At least with Flacco and Goff, they made the SB or won it. We gave him a good offer of 30 millions and he would not take it. The dude only care about money which is why he making 73 millions this year, which is more than 3 years of Tom Brady.

The QB market is reseting and I guarantee you this contract will have Dak around the #8-10 mark for annual cap hit in no more than 2 seasons. Would you have rather let him walk and blown our very realistic chance of maybe winning a championship this season? I don't know what you expect from this dude. He has outplayed his contract every year we have had him and he wanted paid like literally every player in the NFL. You saw what this offense looked like with Dalton at the helm last year. Go pay Foles 30 million if you want and see how far it will take you.

BleedSilverandBlue

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I said Dak is not carrying this team and tonight clearly show that to be the case. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty shock and stoke at the result! It was a win/win situation for me. If you noticed, Lamb was wide open nearly every down. Our defense and running game play great. Dak has everything going for him, which is the only reason he looking good this season. I mean our roster is so good that Cooper Rush just outduel Kirk Cousins.

You do realize Dak has been a dang good NFL QB every other season we've had him right? Not as good as this year, but very good. We won this game on the back of a herculean effort on defense and timely big plays from our offensive stars. You want Dak to go win 14 games with a high school supporting cast?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
well, I have exactly the opposite view.....tonight we clearly saw that we could only muster 20 points....down from our usual 35 pts per game. you are not going to win that many games scoring 20 points. Minn, focused and took out Zeke and Pollard, who could only get 76 yards rushing. against a very average rushing defense who was giving up 120 yards per game....

the defense played out of this world...giving up 16. and holding an inept Minn. offense to 278 yards... without a QB that can push the other team's defense to the brink, we will end up with a losing record playing like this, barely scoring....20 points a game would put us 21st in the league in scoring....That's Dalton like and we saw what happened with Dalton...I guess you like a 7-10 record.

this game with Dak would have been over by 2nd or early 3rd quarter. there was another 21 points that was left on the field.

and What is Dak suppose to do? when you have good resources available you maximize it. to the tune of top scoring offense in the league. top 3 passing game.. dominate.....if he didn't do that, I would worry.

there is absolutely no denying that this offense is much more potent with Dak. he is on the team. so what's your beef with Dak? why all the hate and anger and bashing? anyone who has smallest and I mean the smallest inclination of understanding football can clearly see this team is better with Dak....so again why all the bashing? what is the root of your problem.