Dak did not need to but he could have ran with the ball

glimmerman

Reaction score
Times where he threw it to the TE and they dropped it, he could have ran
I saw several opportunities. He needs to tuck and run. He still has QB keepers close to goal line. When he sees pressure coming he has the speed and is fast enough to roll out or escape. Heck danny was running for his life. Slide down and you are fine. If defenses know he wont take off it makes it easier to defend the back end. He runs a few times they will want to take someone to spy. That leaves one guy less to cover.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The stat...is not false.

Did you not notice that I didnt; blast Dak? I didn't actually say it but I will now...I admire the fact Dak helped the team win....without any actual scoring stats.

But of course Dak has stats...passing yards...for example. Completions. Etc.

I said "SCORING STATS" and you said "false".

You do get how stupid your reply is? Right?

The fact that I have to spell that out to you...is very telling. You have this made up crap in your head that people have to shoot down. (if they care enough to get people to understand what they actually said and meant)

You have a serious psychotic agenda man. You should try to just read what people post rather then churn it up in your head for the sake of arguing on the internet.

NOT HEALTHY.
Ahh you’re simply saying he didn’t throw a TD pass or run it in himself. All scores were runs or FG or ST or Defense. Well it was raining so I figured it would be a running game. This week he will be asked to do more and jets have a good defense. He will be pressured. Take off and slide if you need to. Just get down. He got hurt because he was playing RB and making people tackle him. Slide down or get out of bounds.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
How is this “hate?”

Romo took risks. In hindsight, few can argue that it cost him games and seasons.

It’s not even a real criticism. Just a matter of fact.
I'm not sure that's true though. I believe most of his big hits came standing in the pocket. Even the preseason injury that ultimately ended his career wasn't anything out of the ordinary. He was just trying to avoid a sack. Don't recall a lot of big hits when he was improvising. In the end, I don't know that the back injuries could be attributed to anything more than cumulative wear & tear or was it just a weak spot in his back that might have gone out in civilian life.

JustChip

Reaction score
D Jones took some shots last night and was lucky enough to draw a poor penalty call against Dallas. I think he takes off way too much and it will eventually cost him some games (injury) down the road. He is a big, tough and athletic QB, but not built to be taking on hits in the open field. What Dak is doing is just fine. Stop giving the ball to the other team and I don't care if he never runs.
I’ve no issue with Dak scrambling if it’s warranted, but go down before taking a hit. Jones and Allen Monday night acted like running backs and unnecessary hits not going down. Losing the starting QB for an extended time derails a team’s playoff chances.

The flag for the hit on Jones was very borderline, but was called because he got hit in the neck/head. Regardless of how or why it happened, a hit to a QB’s head is going to draw a flag.

JustChip

Reaction score
27 years of failing breeds uninformed fanbase. Everything is QBs fault

I don’t want Dak running much but if the opportunity is there and the spot calls for it then I’d rather he run then force a throw
Well said.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He should’ve run, for sure, on the one he threw downfield and low into the turf. He had a 20 yard run if had.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahh you’re simply saying he didn’t throw a TD pass or run it in himself. All scores were runs or FG or ST or Defense. Well it was raining so I figured it would be a running game. This week he will be asked to do more and jets have a good defense. He will be pressured. Take off and slide if you need to. Just get down. He got hurt because he was playing RB and making people tackle him. Slide down or get out of bounds.
Yep...that is all. I'm not saying he didn't contribute or had a bad game. I will take this over 9ers in a heartbeat!

Now...if the score was say 9-3....no biggie. But 40-0 without a qb scoring line...is...interesting!

I'd also expect him to "do more" against the Jets. Run....but run smart. Couple extra yards isn;t worth it. Just adding that little bit of uncertainty will give d some pause.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Far from it. You just displayed an unwarranted meltdown, now others' are seeing it. If you can't handle a discussion, stop responding or bringing me up, then whining about being "attacked & insulted."
That's your move. Claim you don't hate Dak, but compare everything to him, bring him up and for some reason get emotional when adults question your obsession via posts.
You are the one that denied a true fact as "false"...in the stat line for anyone to see.

And you lecture me about "emotions" and "adults"?

HILARIOUS! :lmao:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You are the one that denied a true fact as "false"...in the stat line for anyone to see.

And you lecture me about "emotions" and "adults"?

HILARIOUS! :lmao:
You don't even get that you don't get it. It's not about YOUR point. I was responding with MY opinion.

Good lord you're thick.

Mannix

Reaction score
I WILL NEVER BE UPSET AT A WIN LIKE LAST NIGHT. I maybe nit picking but did anyone notice that danny took off several times during the game because he was under pressure. It was raining and the passing game was not going to be working the same way. But Dak did not take off.

He still wanted to stand tall in the pocket and throw. It’s the first game and it was a rainy day so I will give plenty of slack. I am a Dak supporter but if your looking at the game there is several times he could have tucked and ran with the ball and gained mucho yards. Don’t tell me the injury is still a factor..

Dak is my dude. He needs to look at the film and notice he could have helped his team so much more.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't even get that you don't get it. It's not about YOUR point. I was responding with MY opinion.

Good lord you're thick.
You responded to a fact i presented with "false".
I made no commentary or judgement about this fact.
You said "false".

It is...a true fact.

You may have to click on the little arrows to find exactly what went down.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I saw several opportunities. He needs to tuck and run. He still has QB keepers close to goal line. When he sees pressure coming he has the speed and is fast enough to roll out or escape. Heck danny was running for his life. Slide down and you are fine. If defenses know he wont take off it makes it easier to defend the back end. He runs a few times they will want to take someone to spy. That leaves one guy less to cover.
Agreed

Acheman08

Reaction score
I dont want him to get hurt either, but there are times he could take off up the middle and pick up a first down and I yell at the tv to go. I heard an interview with a coach not long ago, dont remember who it was now but, they said if you are going to run as a QB, go forward and slide. You can see, for the most part, who is coming and you can get down. I think if he did that a few times a game even if it only gets a couple yards and he slides, it would make the D account for it. Yeah I know, easier said than done.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You responded to a fact i presented with "false".
I made no commentary or judgement about this fact.
You said "false".

It is...a true fact.

You may have to click on the little arrows to find exactly what went down.
Hooked on phonics didn't work for you. No one cares or cared about your "fact." That's kind of the point hard charger.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure. Some of it was just the way his body was built.

Some people can’t take the damage the same as others.
That is a widely, long-held false assumption that can only be countered if the athlete in question suffers from a form of anatomical deficit, such as bone density deficiency, vitamin and/or mineral deficiency--affecting skeletal injuries. Muscular deficits can be the result of vitamin deficiency, autoimmune disease, etc.

Very few people knew Tony Romo's various diagnoses after he sustained injuries. However, there was never anything even hinted at existing or pre-existing ailments adversely affecting him physiologically.

Physics is almost always the underlying cause for sports related injuries not otherwise impacted by an existing physiological weakness. Unfortunately, some athletes have the misfortune of sustaining bodily forced trauma exceeding that normally experienced by other athletes. And Romo had some particular doozies prior to his August 2016 injury. The same can be said of Dak Prescott's October 2020 ankle injury.

The healthy human body can only absorb a particular degree of tension, torque, etc., before it tears or breaks. That is conditional for everyone's healthy body.