Dak: Don't plan on being 3-5. However, that's up to the front office. You know what I mean

Nav22

Reaction score
So why have Dak and the Cowboys fail to win a divisional round playoff game?

Is it because of a weak supporting cast?

Or is it due to Dak not elevating his play during the playoffs?
Many reasons, and Dak played a part in the team's failure to get it done. He totally choked vs Green Bay last year.

Just like Troy played a part in the 0-2 start and many other failures/playoff losses while he was QB.

When you can't run the ball or stop the run, you usually lose in the playoffs. How often did Aikman win in the playoffs when his team lost in the trenches on both sides of the ball?

Remember when the Cardinals beat us 20-7 in the Wild Card round, in Dallas, with our only TD coming in garbage time?

Team sport.

Chasing6

Reaction score
So why have Dak and the Cowboys fail to win a divisional round playoff game?

Is it because of a weak supporting cast?

Or is it due to Dak not elevating his play during the playoffs?
I am not sure how Dak elevating his play fixes our run defense.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I recall

Hey imagine that, the second loss without E. Smith was against Buffalo and guess who threw 2 picks?

And the D still kept us in the game losing 13 to 10.

I am still kind of waiting for you to correct, or even acknowledge, your "Troy won maybe 40% of his games without Emmitt having 100+ yard games" statement (when he was 30-11, plus 5-2 in the playoffs, from '92-'96), but I guess you have your reasons for glossing over that one.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am still kind of waiting for you to correct, or even acknowledge, your Troy didn't win 40% of his games when Emmitt didn't run for 100+ yards statement (when it was 30-11, plus 5-2 in the playoffs, from '92-'96), but I guess you have your reasons for glossing over that one.
You mean to tell me Troy could not score 14 points without Emmitt against Buffalo?

But he carried the team when Emmitt played?

I also recall Emmitt having to run the ball 35 times with 1 shoulder against the Giants for some reason.

Legend

Reaction score
You mean to tell me Troy could not score 14 points without Emmitt against Buffalo?

But he carried the team when Emmitt played?

I also recall Emmitt having to run the ball 35 times with 1 shoulder against the Giants for some T
Troy was the ultimate team player who cared about winning games and championships.

Likewise, he did not mind allowing his teammates to shine even if his stats suffered.

The same with MJ. Stats did not drive him. Winning games and championships did.

Legend

Reaction score
Many reasons, and Dak played a part in the team's failure to get it done. He totally choked vs Green Bay last year.

Just like Troy played a part in the 0-2 start and many other failures/playoff losses while he was QB.

When you can't run the ball or stop the run, you usually lose in the playoffs. How often did Aikman win in the playoffs when his team lost in the trenches on both sides of the ball?

Remember when the Cardinals beat us 20-7 in the Wild Card round, in Dallas, with our only TD coming in garbage time?

Team sport.
Aikman and the Cowboys won the SB after starting 0-2.

Aikman and the Cowboys SB winning days were over during the 20-7 Wild Card round because yours truly passed on drafting Randy Moss.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I hope they can shock us all. I am a Mets fan and they were 11 games under, everyone slumping, rookie manager looked over his head, players hurt, starting pitching looked awful, bullpen looked worse, one player publically quit on the team saying they were the worst team in baseball (said this in a locker room interview). Now they are 3 games from the World Series. Stranger things happen. I wouldnt put any money on it, but one can hope.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I got on Amazon and ordered some "INT Signature" Dak Prescott Cologne. It's for men that want to go out and not score.

Nav22

Reaction score
Aikman and the Cowboys won the SB after starting 0-2.

Aikman and the Cowboys SB winning days were over during the 20-7 Wild Card round because yours truly passed on drafting Randy Moss.
Who was the NFL MVP that year? Emmitt Smith.

Who was the SB MVP that year? Emmitt Smith.

Team sport. Compare prime Emmitt Smith to the garbage Dak has behind him now.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
This year was built to be a tank-out, then Jerry watched Trey Lance throw 5 picks and balked to extend Dak at the last minute.

Now we get the depleted roster of a tank-out, with none of the cap savings or top draft picks. 3 wins already puts us above the real scum of the league.

Syron

Reaction score
Who was the NFL MVP that year? Emmitt Smith.

Who was the SB MVP that year? Emmitt Smith.

Team sport. Compare prime Emmitt Smith to the garbage Dak has behind him now.
Who's fault is that? You don't think players have the ability to impact what moves the front office do? Don't you see the Jets?

Dak waited until the hour before the season started to sign his deal. If he wanted weapons, he could have forced Jerry's hand. Go get Henry and I'll sign. Dak had ALL the leverage.

IceBowler

Reaction score
When Jerry extended Dak's contract he signaled that the Superbowl window is still open. But in that case he has to be consequential. He has to fill the biggest holes by investing his Draft picks. A good RB, a second WR, veterans on the o line. In reality he never built for the Superbowl.

I really don't get the concept here. Investing so much money into his QB but not giving him the tools to win a Superbowl with. Rebuilding the o line instead. Using an RB committee. Bringing in washed up old guys to help with the run game.

Don't get me wrong, I preferred a rebuild. But IF you keep your expensive star QB, then you gotta go all in. I mean truly all in, not the Jerry meaning.

Jerry just proved that all he cares about is staying relevant. Enough regular season wins and the season is a success.

And we all pay the price with our lifetime.
The "investment" was made in the QB because $60M/Yr was all Mr. Selfish-azz would take.
I would have let the dude walk and been happier watching Lance throw interceptions thinking it might get better. Mr. Selfish-azz is throwing interceptions and fumbling and you KNOW it isn't gonna get any better.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Peoples HATRED for his contract has prevented us from having football conversations. And this is heavily influenced by the way JJ has handled the ENTIRE thing. And the scary thing is...Jerry is LOVING the distraction Daks contract is providing from the multitude of problems this team has. I find that down right disgusting. Jerry did NOT want to extend Dak at those numbers. And I simply don't understand his outlook of building a football team.

You would think having an "experienced" front office would be a plus, but ironically it has backfired. How things used to be, what they used to be able to pay players etc...has clouded their attitude towards todays salaries. Now they have no problem raking in all the money that comes with the state of the NFL today....but I don't doubt for one second that wish they could pay all of these players the vet minimum. It is simply disgusting...and there are plenty of fans who wish that as well....and that is disgusting. If they had paid Dak $55 million as opposed to $60....our record would STILL be the same. Look around the NFL....from Burrow, to Trevor Lawrence...to Tua, to Kyler Murray, to Deshaun Watson, to Justin Herbert....paying QBs does not automatically mean it is your birthright to be in 1st place. You would LOVE for that to be the case, but that is not how it works.. They ALL get paid, but only one wins. So instead of fans being able to separate business from building a football roster, we get STUCK on the QBs salary....and Jerry creates an environment for this type of chaos to ensue

I am on record saying I did not care what they did with Dak. As the NFL MVP runner up...either Dallas was going to pay him....or someone was going to pay him. The salary cap rules are the same for EVERY team. There are plenty of teams that pay their QB and still field a competitive team. That is what the BILLIONS of dollars the Jones boys get paid to figure out. And they get paid more than anybody else to figure it out.

Dak has not played well. But other than Tyler Smith and the kicker....who has? This team was setup to fail and that starts at the top. I would love to think the "football people" are trying to figure out how to get this turned around. But these same football people thought WR by committee was a good idea a couple of years ago. These same football people were clamoring to sign Randy Gregory to a big extension. These same football people thought Zeke and Derrick Henry were the "same" player. These same football people are paying an emergency QB the highest salary of any emergency QB in the history of the NFL...along with the highest salary for a starting QB!! These same football people thought Michael Gallup could tear his knee up in January and be ready to be our #2 WR in September. These same football people hired a defensive coordinator off the couch to a 1 year deal....to go along with a head coach and the majority of the coaching staff on lame duck status.

What am I trying to say? The "football people" we have to get us out of this mess....have been creating a mess for almost 30 years....but we are so focused on Daks contract that we think getting rid of it will solve everything. Well done Jerry. Another master stroke of genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL - there USED TO BE some football conversation on this board but - like most other aspects of social media and societal deterioration as a whole, that is a thing of the past. Kind of sad, really.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
This team, the way they played yesterday against a better than average team, might not have another legitimate chance at a win until Thanksgiving.

and even then, who knows.

Jerry is NOT making the necessary moves to have that kind of turnaround.
To be fair, this season is over.

If we want to criticize Jerry, it shouldn't be over making trades now. Nothing will fix this season. Nothing.

We should criticize Jerry for not going all in and striking while the iron was hot in 2021 and 2022. And we should criticize him for not tearing it all down like he should have at the end of last year.

Redline360

Reaction score
So many examples of well run organizations/GMs

KC: Knew Alex Smith could not elevate a talented team and went ahead and drafted Mahomes. Got run over by Tampa Bay in the superbowl because the OL was terrible. First thing they did was add talent to the OL via numerous means after the season. They didn't click to start the following season until half way through and now continue to win superbowls. They also averaged below 3ypc against Baltimore in the playoffs but pounded the rock almost 30 times. They averaged 3.2ypc in the superbowl and still continued to run the ball. Doesn't matter how bad the run game is doing, you have to keep the other team in check and wear them down.

Eagles: Slowly built a talented team with Wentz. Won a superbowl with Foles and dumper Wentz and alot of talent. Then they quickly rebuilt another superbowl caliber team shortly after

Detroit: One of the laughing stock of teams for a long time. Had talented young players but the wrong coaching staff, ownership, culture. In 2020 I think a new member of the family took over. Then they hired Dan Campbell(huge culture change) and added even more talent like Goff, Gibbs, Hutchinson, amon ra st.brown, Sewell, Sutton and etc. Massive turnaround simply by appointing a new family member(I think it was another family member)

Patrots: Had defense genius and mastermind Belichick. Greatest QB of all time and continously added key pieces here and there.

Then you have teams that are wasting incredible talent

Cincinnati: Burrow was arguably the closest QB to Mahomes at one point. Endless amounts of talent and dragged one of the worst OLs ever to see the playoffs into a superbowl. Organization continues to waste his career behind a turn table OL that has gotten him killed over the last few years. Now there defense has been atrocious

Cowboys: Wasted Romos career with terrible defenses and OLs for the majority of his career. Wasted top 10 OLs on Dak, multiple 1k recievers and at one point a premier run game. Still fail to do anything about stopping the run, overpay it's own players, soft countey club mentally. Dallas has fielded some incredible teams

Etc

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
Who's fault is that? You don't think players have the ability to impact what moves the front office do? Don't you see the Jets?

Dak waited until the hour before the season started to sign his deal. If he wanted weapons, he could have forced Jerry's hand. Go get Henry and I'll sign. Dak had ALL the leverage.
Ohhhh, I see... so it was Aikman's fault when the team collapsed after 1996?

Interesting!

I always thought it was Jerry's fault, but you set me straight!
:thumbup:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Troy was the ultimate team player who cared about winning games and championships.

Likewise, he did not mind allowing his teammates to shine even if his stats suffered.

The same with MJ. Stats did not drive him. Winning games and championships did.

So you are trying to tell me we are not running the ball 30 times a game because Dak want's his stats??? That is hilariously insane.