Dak: Don't plan on being 3-5. However, that's up to the front office. You know what I mean

zekecowboy

Reaction score
It's not all Dak's fault since his wide receivers can't get separation.

Whereas Jared Goff threw to WIDE open receivers all game, seemingly all of Prescott's throws on Sunday were into tight windows. That has been the story of the season. It's a major indictment on McCarthy as a play-caller. McCarthy added motion and pre-snap movement into his play-calling last week, but it was nowhere to be found against the Lions.

Assuming McCarthy isn't going to change his stripes, the Cowboys need playmakers who can generate separation for Prescott. Jalen Tolbert has come on strong, but most of his receptions are of the contested-catch variety due to a lack of separation. As for Cooks, there's a strong argument to be made that KaVontae Turpin should be playing over him.

While Prescott has utmost confidence in Dallas' current roster, a trade a la Amari Cooper in 2018 might be necessary to save the offense. Cooper himself is actually available, but this front office proved a long time ago that winning is not their utmost priority.

https://thelandryhat.com/dak-presco...oys-front-office-week-6-drubbing-01ja5qm3vs16

Blue64

Reaction score
How good was the great Troy Aikman when the Cowboys had garbage around him?

Try a measly 13.0 PPG and 0-2 record in 1993 when Emmitt was holding out.

Try being booed off the field, at home, in the late '90s.

You people know nothing about football.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Right cause you do… obviously… so try counting to 3 cause that’s how many Superbowls Aikman won.

Different era, Aikman was killed on the field… remember the Buddy Bounty?

Aikman did not play in league where a flag is thrown if you look at a QB sideways.

Understand this… Dak will never win a SB or go to a championship game unless he buys a ticket as a spectator. No matter how much talent you surround him with.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Whereas Jared Goff threw to WIDE open receivers all game, seemingly all of Prescott's throws on Sunday were into tight windows. That has been the story of the season. It's a major indictment on McCarthy as a play-caller. McCarthy added motion and pre-snap movement into his play-calling last week, but it was nowhere to be found against the Lions.

Assuming McCarthy isn't going to change his stripes, the Cowboys need playmakers who can generate separation for Prescott. Jalen Tolbert has come on strong, but most of his receptions are of the contested-catch variety due to a lack of separation. As for Cooks, there's a strong argument to be made that KaVontae Turpin should be playing over him.

While Prescott has utmost confidence in Dallas' current roster, a trade a la Amari Cooper in 2018 might be necessary to save the offense. Cooper himself is actually available, but this front office proved a long time ago that winning is not their utmost priority.

https://thelandryhat.com/dak-presco...oys-front-office-week-6-drubbing-01ja5qm3vs16
It's never Daks fault. HAHAHAHA

Nav22

Reaction score
Right cause you do… obviously… so try counting to 3 cause that’s how many Superbowls Aikman won.

Aikman did not play in league where a flag is thrown if you look at a QB sideways.

Understand this… Dak will never win a SB or go to a championship game unless he buys a ticket as a spectator. No matter how much talent you surround him with.
Different era indeed!

Troy had so much help around him, he may have also been a part-time mascot.

NFL MVP at RB.
Possibly the best OL in NFL history.
Best defense in the NFL.
All-Pro WR.
All-Pro TE.
Pro Bowl FB.

Now what would you say if Dak had ALL OF THAT at his disposal.... but then struggled mightily just because the RB was out, just like Troy Aikman did?

Learn football, buddy. Troy's a LEGEND but he sucked when the team around him sucked, just like every other QB.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Legend

Reaction score
Different era indeed!

NFL MVP at RB.
Best defense in the NFL.
All-Pro WR.
All-Pro TE.
Pro Bowl FB.

Now what would you say if Dak had ALL OF THAT at his disposal.... but then struggled mightily just because the RB was out, just like Troy Aikman did?

Learn football, buddy. Troy's a LEGEND but he sucked when the team around him sucked, just like every other QB.
Aikman was called the most accurate passer during his prime by several individuals including John Madden, Pat Summerall, Dan Reeves, and etcetera.

For Dak, you hear commentators praise his leadership and/or post game press conferences… instead of his QB play.

You can put 13-20 pro bowlers on a team with Dak… and Dak would still struggle to win a divisional round playoff game.

I agree that Dak could have won 3 SBs like Aikman did in the 1990s…

But as Aikman’s backup.

Blue64

Reaction score
Different era indeed!

NFL MVP at RB.
Best defense in the NFL.
All-Pro WR.
All-Pro TE.
Pro Bowl FB.

Buddy I don’t need to learn football, maybe you do.
If Dak who also had a pretty good RB and O-line including some great receivers, couldn’t get it done when the ref throws a flag if the QB sneezes… imagine what Aikman would’ve done…

Nav22

Reaction score
Aikman was called the most accurate passer during his prime by several individuals including John Madden, Pat Summerall, Dan Reeves, and etcetera.

For Dak, you hear commentators praise his leadership and/or post game press conferences… instead of his QB play.

You can put 13-20 pro bowlers on a team with Dak… and Dak would still struggle to win a divisional round playoff game.

But as Aikman’s backup.

That's an adorable way to cope with the harsh reality that Troy Aikman was complete garbage whenever his supporting cast sucked.

I'm sorry to kill your "Save us, Superman QB!" fetish.

Psst... I know Troy was great. That's literally my point, genius. Even great QBs need tons of help to win Super Bowls.

Remember when our 3rd string QB had to fill in for a game in 1994? Jason Garrett was his name. How did Jason do that day????

Legend

Reaction score
That's an adorable way to cope with the harsh reality that Troy Aikman was complete garbage whenever his supporting cast sucked.

Old Aikman in 1999 before Irvin’s career ending injury.

Still looked better than Dak to me.

I am not sure if Dak could have made that throw.

Nav22

Reaction score
Buddy I don’t need to learn football, maybe you do.
If Dak who also had a pretty good RB and O-line including some great receivers, couldn’t get it done when the ref throws a flag if the QB sneezes… imagine what Aikman would’ve done…
Hahaahahhahaa

0-2 record and 13.0 PPG through 2 games in 1993, with a DOMINANT Super Bowl roster, just because his RB was out?

And did you just imply that Emmitt Smith was merely a "pretty good RB"? Literally the NFL MVP and SB MVP in 1993, after Troy started the year 0-2 without him. LMAO!!!!

morat1959

Reaction score
When Jerry extended Dak's contract he signaled that the Superbowl window is still open. But in that case he has to be consequential. He has to fill the biggest holes by investing his Draft picks. A good RB, a second WR, veterans on the o line. In reality he never built for the Superbowl.

I really don't get the concept here. Investing so much money into his QB but not giving him the tools to win a Superbowl with. Rebuilding the o line instead. Using an RB committee. Bringing in washed up old guys to help with the run game.

Don't get me wrong, I preferred a rebuild. But IF you keep your expensive star QB, then you gotta go all in. I mean truly all in, not the Jerry meaning.

Jerry just proved that all he cares about is staying relevant. Enough regular season wins and the season is a success.

And we all pay the price with our lifetime.
There’s never been a “SB window” with Dak under center.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

But as Aikman’s backup.

And I would still rather have Beuerlein, Peete, or Kosar for Aikman's backup than Dak.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Old Aikman in 1999 before Irvin’s career ending injury.

Still looked better than Dak to me.

I am not sure if Dak could have made that throw.

Dak has noodle arm. No way he hits him in stride like that. At best, Rocket would have had to stop to catch the poorly under thrown pass which allows Washington to prevent the TD.

morat1959

Reaction score

I think more fans are finally seeing the light. The clown you are talking to is becoming anomaly. That’s why I hit the ignore button on him long ago. He’s either a FO plant or kin to Dak. He may be a Ms. St. Fan.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Psst... I know Troy was great. That's literally my point, genius. Even great QBs need tons of help to win Super Bowls.

Remember when our 3rd string QB had to fill in for a game in 1994? Jason Garrett was his name. How did Jason do that day????
When people rag on dak....dak defenders say "2nd in mvp "buddy"".

When people rag on Troy, we'll say "3 super bowls and hall of fame....buddy."

Nav22

Reaction score

You're not good at this at all.

Not even worth a real response from me. Do better.

Sorry to kill your "Save us, Superman QB!" fetish. Learn football.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Don't speak logic, it does not fit the narrative.

Curious can you add motion to a dumb group of WR's? Or to a team that already has a tremendous amount of penalties?

Was CD at camp??? Again what was the benefit of waiting to pay him again?

Or do you attempt to dumb down the offense for them?

Chasing6

Reaction score

Funny thing is Troy never got 2nd place MVP.

SB's are not voted on.

News flash, I believe the back up QB also got a ring.