Dak: Don't plan on being 3-5. However, that's up to the front office. You know what I mean

nobody

Reaction score
Wow! Dak didn't miss his chance to deflect blame and put it on Jerry.
He knows how to do that.
To be fair, Jerry deserves most of the blame. Yeah, Dak once again stunk it up, but Jerry isn't helping in the off-season by fixing problem areas. He likes his guys. It's sort of funny that Dak's subtly calling Jerry out publicly like this. More players and coaches need to do it.

There's enough blame for everyone. No single person gets it all or should get it all...but the majority of it should be laid at Jerry's feet.

leeblair

Reaction score
To be fair, Jerry deserves most of the blame. Yeah, Dak once again stunk it up, but Jerry isn't helping in the off-season by fixing problem areas. He likes his guys. It's sort of funny that Dak's subtly calling Jerry out publicly like this. More players and coaches need to do it.

There's enough blame for everyone. No single person gets it all or should get it all...but the majority of it should be laid at Jerry's feet.
I'm just surprised Dak would bite the hand that feeds him.

nobody

Reaction score
I'm just surprised Dak would bite the hand that feeds him.
Why not? Dak knows this is likely his last contract and the contract has Jerry by the short and curlies. No trade clause and Dak's gonna get paid regardless. He can say what he wants because Jerry won't keep him benched or cut him. While I am no longer a Dak fan, I applaud him calling out Jerry in that way. Likely it was requested multiple times privately and Jerry didn't listen, so public it is.

Nav22

Reaction score
Aikman won his first 7 playoff starts including 10 of his first 11.
Aikman's maybe my favorite player ever. He's up there with Emmitt and Michael for me, a '90s kid.

But just like any other good/great QB, it takes a team. Troy sucked when the team sucked around him too.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
How good was the great Troy Aikman when the Cowboys had garbage around him?

Try a measly 13.0 PPG and 0-2 record in 1993 when Emmitt was holding out.

Try being booed off the field, at home, in the late '90s.

You people know nothing about football.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Why do you guys hate our legends so much? Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Irvin, etc... They have all been put down by daksters....

Nav22

Reaction score
Why do you guys hate our legends so much? Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Irvin, etc... They have all been put down by daksters....
Wrong. I'm a '90s kid who reveres The Triplets.

Troy sucked when the team around him sucked too. You know it and I know it.

That's not even a knock on Troy. That applies to every single great QB in NFL history.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Aikman's maybe my favorite player ever. He's up there with Emmitt and Michael for me, a '90s kid.

But just like any other good/great QB, it takes a team. Troy sucked when the team sucked around him too.
Did the team suck because we couldn't afford to surround him with players, because of his contract? If Jerry said we couldn't afford D. Henry, wouldn't that be because of the contract he was giving to Dak? Who can we afford in that case that will put Dak over the top? Answers?

Nav22

Reaction score
Did the team suck because we couldn't afford to surround him with players, because of his contract? If Jerry said we couldn't afford D. Henry, wouldn't that be because of the contract he was giving to Dak? Who can we afford in that case that will put Dak over the top? Answers?
We have plenty of cap space sitting around. Signing Dak lowered his cap hit.

You actually believe Jerry when he says stuff?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Wrong. I'm a '90s kid who reveres The Triplets.

Troy sucked when the team around him sucked too. You know it and I know it.

That's not even a knock on Troy. That applies to every single great QB in NFL history.
Try sucked when he lost Irvin and we never got a replacement. But after Harper left, how often did Aikman have a true number 2? He still managed to get it done with Irvin being constantly double covered. After we lost Jay Novacek, did he ever have a true replacement? Aikman still managed to get it done. People seemed to expect Aikman to play with what he had, there wasn't as much whining about him not having receivers as there is for Dak. Dak supporters are some of the whiniest bunch when it comes to what he doesn't have.

CWR

Reaction score
What we need more than anything is an oline philosophy change. We need to go away from this zone blocking scheme and we need a dynamic RB. Not sure how you trade your way into that.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
We have plenty of cap space sitting around. Signing Dak lowered his cap hit.

You actually believe Jerry when he says stuff?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So is that just for one year, or would that include being able to afford who you going to get when Dak's contract actually does impact. I mean are we going to give whoever is worth it all the money up front, before Dak impacts us, or are you judge judging by that graph alone without thinking about other years?

CWR

Reaction score
So is that just for one year, or would that include being able to afford who you going to get when Dak's contract actually does impact. I mean are we going to give whoever is worth it all the money up front, before Dak impacts us, or are you judge judging by that graph alone without thinking about other years?
Na man, just look at the Eagles and the 350 million they've spent in void years. Yet here they are picking up Saquon and re-signing guys. They can push money way out front and move numbers around. They choose not to.

This FO is so terrified at the idea of having a couple down seasons years from now that they are completely unwilling to push their chips in. I mean the loss in revenue if we went 3-14 a couple seasons must terrify them.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Na man, just look at the Eagles and the 350 million they've spent in void years. Yet here they are picking up Saquon and re-signing guys. They can push money way out front and move numbers around. They choose not to.

This FO is so terrified at the idea of having a couple down seasons years from now that they are completely unwilling to push their chips in. I mean the loss in revenue if we went 3-14 a couple seasons must terrify them.
The Eagles also got out of some major trouble in the past, because people keep making dumb deals with them that got them out of trouble.