Dak: Don't plan on being 3-5. However, that's up to the front office. You know what I mean

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
How did this elite Oline perform yesterday against a playoff proven team? Where were his weapons? Did they show up and were open for he to throw to? Where was the running attack? Do you expect Dak to play by himself against the Lions or any other team? Where was the defense that most playoff proven teams have?
By no means am I saying Dak is the only guy who sucks and needs to play better.

I am saying Dak is the highest paid sucky player on this team, and his cap number prohibits the FO from propping him up with the supporting cast he clearly needs.

He got his bag. He won. And now we get to watch him flounder and fail to play up to the elite paycheck this FO has given to him.

He was more pissed and fired up about his house getting demolished than I have ever seen him after a loss.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
He "got it done" after Novacek??? Define "got it done."

Funny how you mention WR/TE only.

Gee, I wonder why! Why not running back, considering he had an NFL MVP lined up behind him????
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Is it because Troy ALSO had arguably the greatest OL ever?

Or is it becausr Troy ALSO had the #1 defense in the NFL when we were winning Super Bowls?

Expecting Dak (OR ANY QB) to win with a crappy OL, crappy defense and crappy RBs isn't realistic. That's reality. Don't even pretend Troy was capable of that phony "Superman" act. It doesn't happen. Even Mahomes has a great D that shows up in the playoffs.
1996 and 1998 were 10-6 Seasons. I know standards were much higher back then and people complained, but still winning seasons. That is after he lost his TE. Aikman only had Irving as a passing weapon and people still respected the Tandem and nobody whined that Aikman needed receivers.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How good was the great Troy Aikman when the Cowboys had garbage around him?
This is how moronic Dak fans try to defend Dak ..... by comparing a 3 time Superbowl Champion to a 9 year choke artist.

Then they try to claim he has been surrounded by garbage his entire career.

It would be hilarious if it was satire ....... but that is what these guys really believe.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
And we’re going to get all that with 20 million in cap space? Lol
Well when a random fan posted the cap thing and says we can afford players. We haven't even negotiated with other players on this team whose contracts are coming up. People are complaining about the defense, so lets make it worse by not spending there. Honestly, I do think that Jerrah should of got D. Henry to be all in, but the cowboys are doing things that don't make sense, in one signing Dak is a win now move, but then they seem to be trying to build for the future in other moves versus the win now approach. You go that route though, you should've let Dak playout his contract..

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I'm just surprised Dak would bite the hand that feeds him.
$231 million *guaranteed*

Jerry already cut off his own hand and gave it to Dak in a doggy bag.
Dak needn't worry about it at this point. He fleeced that old drunk for a quarter billion with literally no strings attached

As someone said earlier they deserve each other. Match made in hell

LysleE

Reaction score
While I’m not a Dak supporter…the issues with this team are not due to the failures of one player, nor can the issues be resolved with player acquisition; the foundation of this team is rotten and that is solely the fault of the de-facto architect Jerry Jones.

His ego, arrogance and ignorance, as well of his insistence that the Cowboys are one of the most talented teams (hanging around the rim of a playoff win…) and therefore not upgrading talent, have collectively, stunted the growth of this team for years to come.
First the Packers, now the Lions; how many more epic beatdowns can a team absorb.

I see a Cowboys team who is all glitz and glamour, but play with no heart, physicality or pride…this franchise has to be blown-up and re-built. I don’t see how the FO can just move forward and maintain the status quo.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
No Dt's. No edge rushers. No wide receivers. No runningbacks-.No Oline men. Thanks "idiot"....

leeblair

Reaction score
$231 million *guaranteed*

Jerry already cut off his own hand and gave it to Dak in a doggy bag.
Dak needn't worry about it at this point. He fleeced that old drunk for a quarter billion with literally no strings attached

As someone said earlier they deserve each other. Match made in hell
Dak's money isn't guaranteed.
Some of it is, but about a hundred million or so only becomes guaranteed if Dak is still on the roster at certain dates.
If he's cut, he loses.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Dak's money isn't guaranteed.
Some of it is, but about a hundred million or so only becomes guaranteed if Dak is still on the roster at certain dates.
If he's cut, he loses.
You think Jerry will cut him and eat all that dead cap? Dak is getting his guaranteed money. No question about it

sbark

Reaction score
Shut up Dak, you’ve been surrounded by all-star players before and it still wasn’t enough because you’re simply not good enough to beat legit teams. It won’t happen again though, you made sure of it with your putrid undeserved 240M contract.

You’re on your own now so stop crying for help you soft loser, you won’t get any. Enjoy playing on a trash talentless team for the next 5 years, it’s well deserved.
Yup
Dak could have stepped up & supported keeping Amari. ..

He couldve told JJ ....to "move on"

FVSTONE

Reaction score

If the greedy Toad Hunter had asked for less to allow JJ to sign a couple of game changing FAs then I would say Prescott needs to be heard, but since this greedy over paid loser demanded max dollars he should just shut his lousy pie hole and get ready to be destroyed by the Cowboy fan base the next 4 yrs!!!!!

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
His most successful peers knew they needed talent around them to succeed, so they took discount deals...and won championships. Those guys were better than the $240m man. How do ya reckon we accumulate the talent needed to salvage this dumpster fire in the next two weeks with the resources on hand?

links18

Reaction score
This FO is so terrified at the idea of having a couple down seasons years from now that they are completely unwilling to push their chips in. I mean the loss in revenue if we went 3-14 a couple seasons must terrify them.
And yet they might get their 3-14 season anyway or at least something not much better than that.

Reactions: CWR