Dak: Don't plan on being 3-5. However, that's up to the front office. You know what I mean

gtb1943

Reaction score
How good was the great Troy Aikman when the Cowboys had garbage around him?

Try a measly 13.0 PPG and 0-2 record in 1993 when Emmitt was holding out.

Try being booed off the field, at home, in the late '90s.

You people know nothing about football.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Anyone projecting a season on two games is INCREDIBLY IGNORANT OF FOOTBALL

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak and JJ deserve each other. Always blaming others and refusing to acknowledge their part of the cluster-cuss

Unreal that Dak is blaming his play on not having weapons. Again. Lol
What weapons does Dak have? Name them...

Legend

Reaction score
Aikman's maybe my favorite player ever. He's up there with Emmitt and Michael for me, a '90s kid.

But just like any other good/great QB, it takes a team. Troy sucked when the team sucked around him too.
Aikman during his 3 SBs in 4 year run did not stink it up in the playoffs like Dak.

The last time the Cowboys won a divisional round playoff game was when Aikman played.

Nav22

Reaction score
Try sucked when he lost Irvin and we never got a replacement. But after Harper left, how often did Aikman have a true number 2? He still managed to get it done with Irvin being constantly double covered. After we lost Jay Novacek, did he ever have a true replacement? Aikman still managed to get it done. People seemed to expect Aikman to play with what he had, there wasn't as much whining about him not having receivers as there is for Dak. Dak supporters are some of the whiniest bunch when it comes to what he doesn't have.
He "got it done" after Novacek??? Define "got it done."

Funny how you mention WR/TE only.

Gee, I wonder why! Why not running back, considering he had an NFL MVP lined up behind him????
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Is it because Troy ALSO had arguably the greatest OL ever?

Or is it becausr Troy ALSO had the #1 defense in the NFL when we were winning Super Bowls?

Expecting Dak (OR ANY QB) to win with a crappy OL, crappy defense and crappy RBs isn't realistic. That's reality. Don't even pretend Troy was capable of that phony "Superman" act. It doesn't happen. Even Mahomes has a great D that shows up in the playoffs.

Legend

Reaction score

Gee, I wonder why! Why not running back, considering he had an NFL MVP lined up behind him????

Or is it becausr Troy ALSO had the #1 defense in the NFL when we were winning Super Bowls?

Expecting Dak (OR ANY QB) to win with a crappy OL, crappy defense and crappy RBs isn't realistic. That's reality. Don't even pretend Troy was capable of that phony "Superman" act. It doesn't happen. Even Mahomes has a great D that shows up in the playoffs.
Did Dak and the Cowboys face loaded teams with numerous Hall of Fame players like Aikman did?

Did Dak play in the NFC East division when a NFC East team won the SB 5 times in 6 years from 1990-1995?

Aikman defeated fellow HOF QBs Young 2x, Kelly 2x, and Favre 3x in the playoffs.

The 13-3 Dallas Cowboys defeated the 14-2 San Francisco 49ers during the 1992 NFC Championship game.

Wangchung83

Reaction score

Really??? Stop comparing a guy who has had more in other years than Troy ever had. Troy had Emmitt, this guy had zeke. Troy had Irving, this guy has been through Dez, Amari, and ceedee. Non of the big three were the highest paid in the league when they won or was about being highest paid in the leagues. Ask needed 17 pts and 21 pts to move on two different years. He played like crap and went home. Missed his chance, then he took two pay days like he did something that he didn’t. This team isn’t what he’s had in the past and is a misrepresentation of the facts. Dak is no mobile and continues to need more help then his salary allows. Not a team friendly deal for a bus driver

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
When you get paid 60 million , you are the best . end of .

Its not about winning in the post season for jerry .

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"My job is to make sure that I continue to push the locker room, make sure they understand their role and how to be better in their role."
I thought that was the head coaches job not the starting quarterback.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
What weapons does Dak have? Name them...
He has the second highest paid WR in the game (and history), a quality TE in Ferguson, his BFF at RB that he wanted back on this team, a HOF RG, a quality young talent in Tyler Smith, a decent C in Beebe, and his “summer project pal” Tolbert that Dak thinks very highly of.

Whenever Dak sucks the narrative is “he doesn’t have any weapons!!” He is paid elite money. Elite players elevate the players around them. For crying out loud even Romo elevated the Terrence Williams and Laurent Robinsons off the world lol…

But no—I forgot. In addition to the market setting contract, Dak needs all pros at every conceivable position— AND a top 5 D.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Because he has lots of weapons?
Sick of his excuses. This offense was better last year. With Brandin Cooks and Tony Pollard.

Are you saying the drop off between Dowdle and Pollard is that massive?! TP barely broke 1000 yards last year

No. Dak has played plenty of games where he starts slow and leads a sloppy offense. He looks like the 2023 version of himself where he led the league in INTs.

Feel free to buy the excuses from Dak and JJ though. Lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He has the second highest paid WR in the game (and history), a quality TE in Ferguson, his BFF at RB that he wanted back on this team, a HOF RG, a quality young talent in Tyler Smith, a decent C in Beebe, and his “summer project pal” Tolbert that Dak thinks very highly of.

Whenever Dak sucks the narrative is “he doesn’t have any weapons!!” He is paid elite money. Elite players elevate the players around them. For crying out loud even Romo elevated the Terrence Williams and Laurent Robinsons off the world lol…

But no—I forgot. In addition to the market setting contract, Dak needs all pros at every conceivable position— AND a top 5 D.
How did this elite Oline perform yesterday against a playoff proven team? Where were his weapons? Did they show up and were open for he to throw to? Where was the running attack? Do you expect Dak to play by himself against the Lions or any other team? Where was the defense that most playoff proven teams have?

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
To be fair , if Dak had the iron curtain at defense , and Troy's offense , he would win in the post season .

I dont guarantee winning a SB though .