Dak: Don't plan on being 3-5. However, that's up to the front office. You know what I mean

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak’s first 7 playoff starts: 2-5, 2 Wild Card victories

Aikman’s first 7 playoff starts: 7-0, 2 SBs, 1 SB MVP
LOL!

This is what getting destroyed in a debate looks like.

Not a peep about my actual post, eh?

Why did Troy suck so badly whenever he didn't have an AMAZING supporting cast?

0-2 and 13.0 PPG to start the season in 1993... with a SB roster... just because his RB was out?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Nav22

Reaction score
What I originally said was, until Aikman lost Irvin, for many years he only had real receiver who was double covered all the time and they were still a productive duo. This was of course before the days of Cowboys forums, so listening to the local dallas radio stations and reading the Dallas Morning News, I really don't remember hearing about oh poor troy needs another receiver to get it done. People just expected the Cowboys and by extension Troy to get it done under the current conditions. Yes we got Rocket Ismail and Joey Galloway, but after Alvin Harper, I don't believe there was a year when the cowboys had a true #2, there some years when someone stepped up for that year but that is about it. Under Dak, its been constant whining by his fan base that he needs this and that in order to succeed while the part of the cowboys fan base that didn't see him as the Messiah thought he had plenty of help most of the time. Now Dak is whining that he needs another Amari Cooper type trade to succeed after getting paid, and people are pointing to a one year cap space graph, without taking to consideration that we still have other players to sign and have to worry about other years as well when dealing with multi-year contract. That is why they say you can't re-sign everyone when you have multiple people's contracts coming up. Some people answer is yes you can, you just have to move things around and voila it always works out. Somehow, I suspect it is a lot more complicated than that and while teams hire personal to do the calculations on who and what they can afford and at whate stage in multiyear contract being taken into consideration. Also, teams in the NFL often have hard times fixing both the offense and defense on their team at the same time. But yeah, we should let Dak dictate to focus in on fixing the offense in favor of the defense, when most of his fans been pointing to the defense as being the bigger problem.
All of that wasted space to talk about wide receivers only???

Gee, I wonder why!

Is it because when Troy Aikman was winning big, he had...

- HOF Head Coach/GM building roster
- NFL MVP at RB
- Legendary OL
- #1 Defense in NFL
- All-Pro WR
- All-Pro TE
- Pro Bowl FB

Could that be why you're ONLY focusing on 1 measly position group to make your Troy/Dak argument????

As if other than WR, all else is equal???
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Chasing6

Reaction score
What I originally said was, until Aikman lost Irvin, for many years he only had real receiver who was double covered all the time and they were still a productive duo. This was of course before the days of Cowboys forums, so listening to the local dallas radio stations and reading the Dallas Morning News, I really don't remember hearing about oh poor troy needs another receiver to get it done. People just expected the Cowboys and by extension Troy to get it done under the current conditions. Yes we got Rocket Ismail and Joey Galloway, but after Alvin Harper, I don't believe there was a year when the cowboys had a true #2, there some years when someone stepped up for that year but that is about it. Under Dak, its been constant whining by his fan base that he needs this and that in order to succeed while the part of the cowboys fan base that didn't see him as the Messiah thought he had plenty of help most of the time. Now Dak is whining that he needs another Amari Cooper type trade to succeed after getting paid, and people are pointing to a one year cap space graph, without taking to consideration that we still have other players to sign and have to worry about other years as well when dealing with multi-year contract. That is why they say you can't re-sign everyone when you have multiple people's contracts coming up. Some people answer is yes you can, you just have to move things around and voila it always works out. Somehow, I suspect it is a lot more complicated than that and while teams hire personal to do the calculations on who and what they can afford and at whate stage in multiyear contract being taken into consideration. Also, teams in the NFL often have hard times fixing both the offense and defense on their team at the same time. But yeah, we should let Dak dictate to focus in on fixing the offense in favor of the defense, when most of his fans been pointing to the defense as being the bigger problem.
I wonder, is it easier to throw the ball with 8 men in the box???

What made the Cowboys great team in the 90's was their balance and teams had to pick their poison. If you commit to stoping Emmit then we had plenty of weapons to pick you a part in the passing game.

We don't have anything close to that. No one is afraid of our running game period.

Same on defense. We can only stop the run by committing to 8 in the box. Then we get picked apart in the secondary. If you don't commit 8, then good teams will run all over us.

Today when playing us teams get to pick their anti-venom and play to their strengths against us.

We are not dictating the game. We are being dictated to. On top of that, we are not a physical team and get man handled in the trenches.

This is 100% an Ownership/GM Ego problem.

Legend

Reaction score
LOL!

0-2 and 13.0 PPG to start the season in 1993... with a SB roster... just because his RB was out?
Troy was a lot better QB than Dak.

That is what you fail to realize.

You are trying to compare a #1 pick, 3x SB winner, a SB MVP, and HOFer to a 4th round pick and non-HOFer who cannot win a divisional round playoff game.

Like, I stated in an earlier post, you could put a prime Dak on the SB winning 90s Cowboys & he would perform like he has performed in the playoffs.

A #1 defense, great OL, great RB, great WRs, TEs, and etcetera cannot perform for Dak.

Dak still has to consistently make the right reads, get the ball out on time, make accurate throws, minimize turnovers, and perform.

Something he rarely can do against good, physical teams.

Chasing6

Reaction score
LOL!

1000% correct.

Troy won maybe 40% of his games without Emmitt having 100+ yard games.

Chasing6

Reaction score
3 SBs and 1 SB MVP & the most wins by a QB in a decade (before Brady broke the record) says it all.

The goal is to win games and win championships.
I wonder how many SB's Emmitt Smith has.

Chasing6

Reaction score

You are trying to compare a #1 pick, 3x SB winner, a SB MVP, and HOFer to a 4th round pick and non-HOFer who cannot win a divisional round playoff game.

Like, I stated in an earlier post, you could put a prime Dak on the SB winning 90s Cowboys & he would perform like he has performed in the playoffs.

A #1 defense, great OL, great RB, great WRs, TEs, and etcetera cannot perform for Dak.

Dak still has to consistently make the right reads, get the ball out on time, make accurate throws, minimize turnovers, and perform.

165 and 165. I wonder what QB that represents in todays NFL???

Without rings Boy Wonder does not even get considered for the Hall of Fame.

Without Rings Emmitt Smith and multiple other players on Troy's team still make it in the Hall of Fame.

Keep in mind Jim Kelly made the hall of fame with no rings and with way better stats than Troy.

Last edited:

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Last edited:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

He's rarely doing it against any team this season.

Legend

Reaction score
I wonder how many SB's Emmitt Smith has.
3 SBs and 1 SB MVP too.

Aikman elevated his play during the playoffs.

During the Cowboys 3 SBs in 4 years; Aikman won 10 playoff games, lost 1.

He had a passer rating of 106.3 with 2,915 yards, 21 touchdowns and 8 interceptions, 3 SBs, and 1 SB MVP.

For the 3 SBs he had a passer rating of 111.9 with 689 yards, 5 touchdowns and 1 interception.

How do Dak’s playoff stats compare?

Show me a game, Dak had like this.

Probably the only “Super Bowl like victory” Dak will experience; is his Wild Card victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
3 SBs and 1 SB MVP too.

He had a passer rating of 106.3 with 2,915 yards, 21 touchdowns and 8 interceptions, 3 SBs, and 1 SB MVP.

For the 3 SBs he had a passer rating of 111.9 with 689 yards, 5 touchdowns and 1 interception.

How does Dak’s playoff stats compare.

Probably the only “Super Bowl like victory” Dak will experience; is his Wild Card victory over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Aikman is a top 5 all time QB per playoff results. The other 4 are Bradshaw, Montana, Brady, and Mahomes.

Chasing6

Reaction score
3 SBs and 1 SB MVP too.

How do Dak’s playoff stats compare?

You call this elevation??? It looks almost identical to his regular season stats.

Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 88.3 with 3,849 yards, 23 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in 16 games in the playoffs in his career.

Legend

Reaction score
You call this elevation??? It looks almost identical to his regular season stats.

Troy Aikman had a passer rating of 88.3 with 3,849 yards, 23 touchdowns and 17 interceptions in 16 games in the playoffs in his career.
Regular season stats do not win Super Bowls.

Dak’s 2023 regular season stats were better than Mahome’s.

4,516 yards 36 TDs 9 INTs

versus

4,183 yards 27 TDs 14 INTs

Yet who looked like a deer in headlights in a Wild Card game and who won the SB?

Legend

Reaction score
165 and 165. I wonder what QB that represents in todays NFL???

Without rings Boy Wonder does not even get considered for the Hall of Fame.

Without Rings Emmitt Smith and multiple other players on Troy's team still make it in the Hall of Fame.

Keep in mind Jim Kelly made the hall of fame with no rings and with way better stats than Troy.
How many QBs in NFL history won 4 straight Championship Games?

Compare Kelly’s playoff and Super Bowl stats to Aikman’s.