Dak: Don't plan on being 3-5. However, that's up to the front office. You know what I mean

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
"Nobody whined that Aikman needed receivers"???

LMAO!!!

Rocket Ismail was added in 1999... why???

Didn't we trade two 1st-round picks so Troy could have Joey Galloway???

Didn't we draft a TE in the 1st round for Troy???

And if 10-6 means Troy "got it done," then Dak also got it done each of the last 3 seasons by going 12-5, right????

Quick!!! Move the goalposts!!!
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
What I originally said was, until Aikman lost Irvin, for many years he only had real receiver who was double covered all the time and they were still a productive duo. This was of course before the days of Cowboys forums, so listening to the local dallas radio stations and reading the Dallas Morning News, I really don't remember hearing about oh poor troy needs another receiver to get it done. People just expected the Cowboys and by extension Troy to get it done under the current conditions. Yes we got Rocket Ismail and Joey Galloway, but after Alvin Harper, I don't believe there was a year when the cowboys had a true #2, there some years when someone stepped up for that year but that is about it. Under Dak, its been constant whining by his fan base that he needs this and that in order to succeed while the part of the cowboys fan base that didn't see him as the Messiah thought he had plenty of help most of the time. Now Dak is whining that he needs another Amari Cooper type trade to succeed after getting paid, and people are pointing to a one year cap space graph, without taking to consideration that we still have other players to sign and have to worry about other years as well when dealing with multi-year contract. That is why they say you can't re-sign everyone when you have multiple people's contracts coming up. Some people answer is yes you can, you just have to move things around and voila it always works out. Somehow, I suspect it is a lot more complicated than that and while teams hire personal to do the calculations on who and what they can afford and at whate stage in multiyear contract being taken into consideration. Also, teams in the NFL often have hard times fixing both the offense and defense on their team at the same time. But yeah, we should let Dak dictate to focus in on fixing the offense in favor of the defense, when most of his fans been pointing to the defense as being the bigger problem.

shabazz

Reaction score
In response, Jerry Jones says, " I don't pay attention to what Dak says to the media anymore"

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never heard a grown man cry and whine as much as you. Embarrassing. For the record, I have blasted Dak many times when he has been at fault for his mistakes, so stop with the lies already. Here is the truth. Dak is here to stay for another 4 seasons after this one. Man up, shut it and go follow another team. No one wants to hear you cry over and over.
No fellow member will shut up on someone else's command.

No fellow member will leave CowboysZone by someone else's command.

No fellow member will stop reading and responding to threads and posts by someone else's command.

Life. No one always gets what they want.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Lol. Insulting a man from behind a keyboard— and I am the sensitive one?

Holy hell little boy do you lack self awareness! Lol… anyone that criticizes your BFF QB and you whine and bray like a whipped mule.

And then you run to “go root for another team then!!”. Som, I have been a fan since the early 80’s and have well earned the right to speak my mind and criticize the living hell out of this ownership, roster, and franchise when it is responsible for creating this kind of product and displaying it for the NFL to mock and scorn.

You may be fine with being a laughing stock and letting teams embarrass you at hone. I sure as hell ain’t— and if you are too sensitive and afraid to speak your mind and examine facts, reality, and the hard truths about where we have arrived as a franchise— then go hide behind Dak’s platitudes and JJ’s hopium like the good little fanboy you are.

You have no respect on this board because you are in denial and are just a clueless Dak fanatic. If there is anything that is exhausting on this board— it is your weak-sauce, whiny defense of this team and specifically QB’s performance.

And you don’t have to tell me there is 4 more years of this. Save your breath. I am well aware of where JJ has driven this train— and I am well within reason and rights to drink my whiskey and give him a piece of my mind

And I don’t give two craps if you like it, love it, agree with it, or hate it. Now run along and go watch your Dak stat pad video highlights
I am seeing some of the Stans are slowly coming back after 36 hours or so and the excuses are slowly coming back. Ignorance at its finest.

Legend

Reaction score
"Dak couldn't win even if he had the best OL in the league, best defense in the league, best RB in the league and Pro Bowlers at every other skill position... just like Troy Aikman had!!!"

Troy sucked whenever his supporting cast sucked. You can keep ducking that cold little slice of reality if you'd like.
Dak’s first 7 playoff starts: 2-5, 2 Wild Card victories

Aikman’s first 7 playoff starts: 7-0, 2 SBs, 1 SB MVP

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Currently Tolbert is on pace for 68 rec and 800 plus yards. This is a 2 read and check down offense. Lamb and Ferguson are the 1st and 2nd read on over 70% of the plays run. Regardless of who you brought in as a WR they’re unlikely to provide more production than what you’re getting from Tolbert!
He has the skill to be a very nice complimentary WR...either 2 or 3. But does the rest of the team?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am seeing some of the Stans are slowly coming back after 36 hours or so and the excuses are slowly coming back. Ignorance at its finest.
They had a emergency meeting about how to defend Dak ...... apparently they decided the best way is to compare him to a 3 time Superbowl winning QB and claim he would win it all if he had All Pros at every position.

Ignoring the fact that Aikman's line was made up of 3rd rounders, 8th rounders, and undrafted guys from other teams .......until they drafted Larry Allen in the 2nd round for the last Superbowl.

Meanwhile ...... Dak played with 3 first rounders (9, 16, and 31 overall) a 4th round pick and another guy who would have been a first round pick if his girlfriend had not been murdered a few days before the draft in La'el Collins.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You have no respect on this board because you are in denial and are just a clueless Dak fanatic. If there is anything that is exhausting on this board— it is your weak-sauce, whiny defense of this team and specifically QB’s performance.
I love how he tells guys who have been on the board much longer than him to go find another team.

Creeper

Reaction score
For a team this far from being a contender trading for one player would be about as foolish as a team could be.

Since the philosophy of this team is to build through the draft, it should place a greater value on draft picks. They are not one player away from being a good team. Certainly 1 quality WR would help a lot but not enough to stop the blowouts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We need a RB and a WR
Don’t see it happ

We need a RB and a WR
Don’t see it happening
I think we need an entirely new defense to start with,

so I don't know why the offense seems to come to mind anytime we have losses like this the last three years check out the defense look at all the losses look at last year's Seattle game win unless the offense yeah you better put more people on it if you're not gonna fix the defense..

you better have the greatest show on turf to be able to score 30 plus every game because that's what it's turning into so it kind of annoys me when I see a suggestion although it would be nice to have those things,

I think your head coach slash offensive coordinator can simply run Rico 22 times a game, leave zeke at home, bring up dalvin cook ,and get the offensive line scheming and working Better Together and use your younger wide receivers in better positions not running into each other on the field. you know similar depth basic patterns making it easy on the defense.

I'm going back to scheme, this is a Mike McCarthy issue, we do not need a better running back and wide receiver as much as we need to focus on defense in the bye week , they need to fix the defense this offense can function if it didn't look up at the scoreboard and constantly down by two or three scores before halftime that would be really nice...

I don't think you all realize how much pressure that puts on an offense when you start a game like we did in the Green Bay playoff loss and all the other games, does it matter,

even if we would have spotted this team 14 points like just forget about the first field goal forget about the interception just give the team 14 points in that situation, it would've been 14-7 and the Lions O would have still went on to do what they would have done in my prediction the score in 38-19 it wouldn't matter.

when the defense can't stop anyone they own time of possession and they make the offense just basically play one-dimensional tight football playing from behind there's no run game that's more about the score and about the defense and about the offensive coordinator more about the players next year yes we probably should add another wide receiver for sure we need a dynamic running back but I think right now everybody's focus should be on that defense imagine if you can hold the team under 19 points every game the offense knows this they can play comfortable and more relaxed and not have to feel like they have to score on every drive and play perfectly, that's the problem...

blueblood70

Reaction score
If people are losing their minds thinking that we have to fix the offense when fixing the defense fixes the offense I don't get what you're seeing yes they need to play better on offense but you can't be 1 dimensional in a game where most of these games that have been at home and there seem to be blowouts are because the defense were down by three scores by halftime you can't play offense being one-dimensional taking the run game out of it the defense knowing you're gonna pass on just about every single possession and every single down I mean this is about the defense it's been pretty bad the last three years...

Against the better teams especially with the better offenses and the better offensive coordinators our defense absolutely getting curb stomped in these games so early and so often the offense can't breathe when they think they have to play perfect and everybody knows what's coming..

In my opinion the offense does not need to be fixed other than Mike McCarthy making changes on how he utilizes the running backs and for some reason how guys are running into each other and how they are scheme is bringing too many receivers or targets in the same general area like that interception that happened in the lions game Prescott saw an open one-on-one covered lamb let the ball go and a guy peels off easily off his m....f the play it's poor it's ****** poor..

I mean now in a couple of games you had what Ezekiel Elliott had the duck underneath the pass he wasn't sure it was for him or the guy right behind him I mean whose fault is that I mean then you had two news running to each other in the last game what the hell is going on here in practice that these guys are running their patterns into the same area!!

The problem is not the talent on the offense the defense is so bad the offense needs to play perfect if they fix the defense I believe the offense can easily be tweaked and adjusted because I believe Mike McCarthy's been calling plays to protect the defense and that can't happen they gotta play independent of each other this whole balanced approach what is the word he uses all the time for the offense defense especially team need to work together no what you need to do is stick to your own game plans and find a way to put the pressure on your opponent in all three phases you can't be looking over your shoulder worrying about your defense giving up twenty points before halftime because that's what's going on here...

So my today morning rant says stop talking about the offense it can be fixed it can be fixed a general scheme and some tweaks on say leave Ezekiel Elliott home bring up dalvin cook give the ball at least 20 times to Rico no matter what the situation is he needs to carry the ball more, give the ball more to hunter, but you have to fix the scheme on offense but that starts with confidence that you can call what you need to call in a game without worrying about what your defense is giving up because they seem to be giving up a score on every drive against a better offenses you can't play football if your defense can't make stops...

blueblood70

Reaction score
So what are all the updates for the defense 'cause I keep hearing a lot of knocks on our quarterback and on our offense and while it needs to be tweaked a little bit our defense is 80% of the problem as it has been in big games for the last decade we go back two decades the biggest problem is always been on defense in the big games..

So I think we need to start talking about who's coming back and when I mean we're missing what 6 starters on defense I mean before we thought Michael Parsons was coming back for the lions game now they're saying maybe he comes back to the San Francisco game...

Bland sure hes back for SF, maybe parsons, who else Kendricks should be..

This situation is different than 2018 because I think we're gonna have 6 to 8 players come back they're not out for the season..

So does Jerry need to bring in some bodies I don't know how about tweaking your roster by just giving up on Ezekiel Elliott bringing up dalvin cook giving Rico the Balmoral no matter what the game plan should be this before every game how do we get Rico 15 to 20 carries every game no matter the situation it should have never went down like last week we need to get hunter the ball more and let's see what dalvin cook can do let's get our receivers schemed better so they're not all running in the same general area where somebody else's defender can easily peel off and all of a sudden you're one-on-one turns into a guy the ball or guys are running into each other that can be resolved with practice and watching film..

But what are we gonna do for the defense I wanna know who can we bring in what big chain can be made like 2018 to fix the defense this has nothing to do with running back and wide receiver or offensive line because those things I see can be fixed with the players we have now yes it would be nice to add a player but we need to focus on the defense people keep talking about dak and the offense and all these other people and the defense is the biggest problem and has been for years...

It is very difficult for an offense to play knowing you're gonna be down two or three scores every game when you play good teams when you watch the first series of every one of these big games and it turns into seven points easily and then unless you play perfectly you watch the next two or three series and they all ended points and no punts and no stops against the better offenses you can't play football like that as an offense complimentary football comes into play and I think sometimes the offense is so tight because it has no idea how it's gonna play perfect and win a game..

exciter

Reaction score
He has the skill to be a very nice complimentary WR...either 2 or 3. But does the rest of the team?
Yeah well, with Lambs contract you’re looking at complimentary receivers for the foreseeable future.I doubt they’d even consider investing higher than a 3rd round pick any time soon much less trading for someone playing on a 2nd contract!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah well, with Lambs contract you’re looking at complimentary receivers for the foreseeable future.I doubt they’d even consider investing higher than a 3rd round pick any time soon much less trading for someone playing on a 2nd contract!
Sounds right. Leaning too hard on CeeDee and parsons for that matter.

Chasing6

Reaction score
"Dak couldn't win even if he had the best OL in the league, best defense in the league, best RB in the league and Pro Bowlers at every other skill position... just like Troy Aikman had!!!"

Troy sucked whenever his supporting cast sucked. You can keep ducking that cold little slice of reality if you'd like.
100% correct.

165 games and 165 TD's says it all.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Currently Tolbert is on pace for 68 rec and 800 plus yards. This is a 2 read and check down offense. Lamb and Ferguson are the 1st and 2nd read on over 70% of the plays run. Regardless of who you brought in as a WR they’re unlikely to provide more production than what you’re getting from Tolbert!
I wonder why it is like that when you can't run the ball. How come the D does not play 8 in the box against us so we can go deep?