Dak: Don't plan on being 3-5. However, that's up to the front office. You know what I mean

Sobe

Reaction score
I used to think that Dak was a "team player." But he's no less greedy than anyone else out there, and no more interested in making any kind of sacrifice to win games.
.... he don't have a wife bringing in money he can go home to like Brady so he couldn't agree to $36M on his 1st contract signing remember?

His salary 1 year alone would probably take an avg American 9 lifetime to make @ $100K working from 25-65 yrs old ($4M).

No hometown discount.... f*** this guy even on the 2nd contract when he's already been blessed once and set for life.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
.... he don't have a wife bringing in money he can go home to like Brady so he couldn't agree to $36M on his 1st contract signing remember?

His salary 1 year alone would probably take an avg American 9 lifetime to make @ $100K working from 25-65 yrs old ($4M).

No hometown discount.... f*** this guy even on the 2nd contract when he's already been blessed once and set for life.
Were against it? Or you like the contract???

Sobe

Reaction score
Were against it? Or you like the contract???
He was avg. Didn't mind him, I just preferred we had someone else that was more about the team not $. Especially when he made TB12 wife comparison.

He wasn't $40M worth then, definitely not worth the #1 highest paid QB @ $60M now.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Oh and he is not hitting the panic button?!

What great leadership we have at the QB position!

You reap what you saw Jerry.

Now deal with this guy.

This is what you get when you sign players who are only about the money: You get players who dont take any kind of responsibility when things are getting tougher.

Last edited:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Where you fail badly is realizing Dak's contract didn't get extended until 1 day before this season started. The Cowboys had $24+ million available in salary cap space up to that point. Jerry could have easily kept RB Tony Pollard for what Pollard got paid by the Titans (3 year / $21 million with only $10 million guaranteed). Plus, Jerry would have had plenty to sign another legit WR and another player of need if need be. After Dak got extended, Jerry could still redo the contract to create more space right now if needed, so why hasn't Jerry done any of those things? Stop spewing lies that because of Dak's new contract the Cowboys can't afford to surround him with better talent. It's not true and you and everyone else knows it.
In other posts I make it clear that JJ is primarily to blame.

Where I — and many others— differ with you over Dak, has to do witth your unwillingness to ever criticize his play or see that his contract demands were unreasonable.

You always have an excuse why it is never Dak’s fault. He is bulletproof in your estimation.

JJ has failed in many ways. The roster is his construction and his responsibility, and the culture is directly downstream from him.

But Dak doesn’t get a free pass by any means, and your refusal to acknowledge that his play, his contract, and it’s effect on this roster are actually part of problem as well, is flawed.

Two things can be equally true: JJ and Dak both suck. And JJ is more responsible for the state of the franchise than Dak, but Dak has limitations and flaws, and they are negatively affecting this offense.

I know, I know. He has no weapons. It’s the coaches fault etc etc… except it’s not. It hasn’t mattered the scheme. It hasn’t mattered when he has had more weapons. He hasn’t gotten it done, he still isn’t getting it done, and now because of his grossly overpaid contract, he very likely will never get it done.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
He was avg. Didn't mind him, I just preferred we had someone else that was more about the team not $. Especially when he made TB12 wife comparison.

He wasn't $40M worth then, definitely not worth the #1 highest paid QB @ $60M now.
Understood. But I think guys are underestimating that there are multiple ways to pay a star athlete under the table. Don't fall for the "certain players are selfless" narrative that low brow sports news articles push.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

Where I — and many others— differ with you over Dak, has to do witth your unwillingness to ever criticize his play or see that his contract demands were unreasonable.

You always have an excuse why it is never Dak’s fault. He is bulletproof in your estimation.

JJ has failed in many ways. The roster is his construction and his responsibility, and the culture is directly downstream from him.

But Dak doesn’t get a free pass by any means, and your refusal to acknowledge that his play, his contract, and it’s effect on this roster are actually part of problem as well, is flawed.

Two things can be equally true: JJ and Dak both suck. And JJ is more responsible for the state of the franchise than Dak, but Dak has limitations and flaws, and they are negatively affecting this offense.

I know, I know. He has no weapons. It’s the coaches fault etc etc… except it’s not. It hasn’t mattered the scheme. It hasn’t mattered when he has had more weapons. He hasn’t gotten it done, he still isn’t getting it done, and now because of his grossly overpaid contract, he very likely will never get it done.
Truth

RonWashington

Reaction score
Red Zone your 6’6” inch # 2 draft choice TE is invisible , on milk cartons . Dowdle who ran effectively caught a TD in Pitt gets shuttled in and out for Zeke against Det . Tolbert Brooks and the 6th rounder WR this year who’s been wasted as inactive five weeks straight finally gets ONE target .

Yeah it’s an old complaint Dak has “ No weapons “ . Use who you have stop trading draft picks you need to use on defense next season .

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Never heard a grown man cry and whine as much as you. Embarrassing. For the record, I have blasted Dak many times when he has been at fault for his mistakes, so stop with the lies already. Here is the truth. Dak is here to stay for another 4 seasons after this one. Man up, shut it and go follow another team. No one wants to hear you cry over and over.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No dak, your job is to not throw up on your shoes in every big game you play.
BTW Cooper left because he was tired of being open and not getting the football.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Never heard a grown man cry and whine as much as you. Embarrassing. For the record, I have blasted Dak many times when he has been at fault for his mistakes, so stop with the lies already. Here is the truth. Dak is here to stay for another 4 seasons after this one. Man up, shut it and go follow another team. No one wants to hear you cry over and over.
Lol. Insulting a man from behind a keyboard— and I am the sensitive one?

Holy hell little boy do you lack self awareness! Lol… anyone that criticizes your BFF QB and you whine and bray like a whipped mule.

And then you run to “go root for another team then!!”. Som, I have been a fan since the early 80’s and have well earned the right to speak my mind and criticize the living hell out of this ownership, roster, and franchise when it is responsible for creating this kind of product and displaying it for the NFL to mock and scorn.

You may be fine with being a laughing stock and letting teams embarrass you at hone. I sure as hell ain’t— and if you are too sensitive and afraid to speak your mind and examine facts, reality, and the hard truths about where we have arrived as a franchise— then go hide behind Dak’s platitudes and JJ’s hopium like the good little fanboy you are.

You have no respect on this board because you are in denial and are just a clueless Dak fanatic. If there is anything that is exhausting on this board— it is your weak-sauce, whiny defense of this team and specifically QB’s performance.

And you don’t have to tell me there is 4 more years of this. Save your breath. I am well aware of where JJ has driven this train— and I am well within reason and rights to drink my whiskey and give him a piece of my mind

And I don’t give two craps if you like it, love it, agree with it, or hate it. Now run along and go watch your Dak stat pad video highlights

John813

Reaction score
Lol. Insulting a man from behind a keyboard— and I am the sensitive one?

Holy hell little boy do you lack self awareness! Lol… anyone that criticizes your BFF QB and you whine and bray like a whipped mule.

And then you run to “go root for another team then!!”. Som, I have been a fan since the early 80’s and have well earned the right to speak my mind and criticize the living hell out of this ownership, roster, and franchise when it is responsible for creating this kind of product and displaying it for the NFL to mock and scorn.

You may be fine with being a laughing stock and letting teams embarrass you at hone. I sure as hell ain’t— and if you are too sensitive and afraid to speak your mind and examine facts, reality, and the hard truths about where we have arrived as a franchise— then go hide behind Dak’s platitudes and JJ’s hopium like the good little fanboy you are.

You have no respect on this board because you are in denial and are just a clueless Dak fanatic. If there is anything that is exhausting on this board— it is your weak-sauce, whiny defense of this team and specifically QB’s performance.

And you don’t have to tell me there is 4 more years of this. Save your breath. I am well aware of where JJ has driven this train— and I am well within reason and rights to drink my whiskey and give him a piece of my mind

And I don’t give two craps if you like it, love it, agree with it, or hate it. Now run along and go watch your Dak stat pad video highlights

I think it goes to show who it's worth replying to here. Some, on certain topics act like 5 year olds.

Legend

Reaction score
LMAO!

What a stupid post.

No future HOFers play in today's NFL?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
Dak did not play teams loaded with multiple future Hall of Famers.

That was possible in Aikman’s era before the salary cap.

There is more parity in the NFL now.

Dak has not demonstrated the ability to consistently move the chains and score TDs in the playoffs especially in the divisional round playoffs.

I could see Dak with the 1990s Cowboys in the playoffs making bad throws, making wrong reads, getting confused by the defenses. throwing pick sixes, holding the ball too long and getting sacked unnecessarily… being a major factor of the Cowboys going three and out & getting behind…

Thus, diminishing Emmitt and the running game (with less touches)

Dak could not make timing passes with accuracy and take most of his snaps under center

Aikman during his SB run had the ability to open up the running game with the pass and once the Cowboys got the lead; turn the ball over to Emmitt

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

because that year, that was our biggest hole and probably the only real need we had. we had Jr. Varsity WR group.
this year we have a Jr. High RB group. OL is got holes, DL is got holes. Safties suck. LBs are meh. there is not a single move we can make to address all of the above.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Because he has lots of weapons?
Peoples HATRED for his contract has prevented us from having football conversations. And this is heavily influenced by the way JJ has handled the ENTIRE thing. And the scary thing is...Jerry is LOVING the distraction Daks contract is providing from the multitude of problems this team has. I find that down right disgusting. Jerry did NOT want to extend Dak at those numbers. And I simply don't understand his outlook of building a football team.

You would think having an "experienced" front office would be a plus, but ironically it has backfired. How things used to be, what they used to be able to pay players etc...has clouded their attitude towards todays salaries. Now they have no problem raking in all the money that comes with the state of the NFL today....but I don't doubt for one second that wish they could pay all of these players the vet minimum. It is simply disgusting...and there are plenty of fans who wish that as well....and that is disgusting. If they had paid Dak $55 million as opposed to $60....our record would STILL be the same. Look around the NFL....from Burrow, to Trevor Lawrence...to Tua, to Kyler Murray, to Deshaun Watson, to Justin Herbert....paying QBs does not automatically mean it is your birthright to be in 1st place. You would LOVE for that to be the case, but that is not how it works.. They ALL get paid, but only one wins. So instead of fans being able to separate business from building a football roster, we get STUCK on the QBs salary....and Jerry creates an environment for this type of chaos to ensue

I am on record saying I did not care what they did with Dak. As the NFL MVP runner up...either Dallas was going to pay him....or someone was going to pay him. The salary cap rules are the same for EVERY team. There are plenty of teams that pay their QB and still field a competitive team. That is what the BILLIONS of dollars the Jones boys get paid to figure out. And they get paid more than anybody else to figure it out.

Dak has not played well. But other than Tyler Smith and the kicker....who has? This team was setup to fail and that starts at the top. I would love to think the "football people" are trying to figure out how to get this turned around. But these same football people thought WR by committee was a good idea a couple of years ago. These same football people were clamoring to sign Randy Gregory to a big extension. These same football people thought Zeke and Derrick Henry were the "same" player. These same football people are paying an emergency QB the highest salary of any emergency QB in the history of the NFL...along with the highest salary for a starting QB!! These same football people thought Michael Gallup could tear his knee up in January and be ready to be our #2 WR in September. These same football people hired a defensive coordinator off the couch to a 1 year deal....to go along with a head coach and the majority of the coaching staff on lame duck status.

What am I trying to say? The "football people" we have to get us out of this mess....have been creating a mess for almost 30 years....but we are so focused on Daks contract that we think getting rid of it will solve everything. Well done Jerry. Another master stroke of genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Havic

Reaction score

Thank you

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak did not play teams loaded with multiple future Hall of Famers.

That was possible in Aikman’s era before the salary cap.

There is more parity in the NFL now.

Dak has not demonstrated the ability to consistently move the chains and score TDs in the playoffs especially in the divisional round playoffs.

I could see Dak with the 1990s Cowboys in the playoffs making bad throws, making wrong reads, getting confused by the defenses. throwing pick sixes, holding the ball too long and getting sacked unnecessarily… being a major factor of the Cowboys going three and out & getting behind…

Thus, diminishing Emmitt and the running game (with less touches)

Dak could not make timing passes with accuracy and take most of his snaps under center

Aikman during his SB run had the ability to open up the running game with the pass and once the Cowboys got the lead; turn the ball over to Emmitt
"Dak couldn't win even if he had the best OL in the league, best defense in the league, best RB in the league and Pro Bowlers at every other skill position... just like Troy Aikman had!!!"
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Troy sucked whenever his supporting cast sucked. You can keep ducking that cold little slice of reality if you'd like.