Dak doubters

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Did I miss something a few weeks back? But I could have sworn Dak bested The Generational Talent 20-17. How could that be?

And as far as I could tell, you have not provided any cogent proof to show why Hebert is BETTER than Dak. I agree, Hebert is good and has some impressive numbers for a second year pro, but Daks numbers were at least just as good in his first two years. Maybe you should hold off before declaring someone GENERATIONAL, whatever that really means.

Herbert is one of the ABDs.. (Anybody But Dak) so he is automatically better to these people. There is no changing the minds of these people.. It can be fun pointing out the ridiculous lengths to which they will go to try and discredit anything Dak accomplishes but at no point should one expect any of them to ever stop spewing their nonsense.. Apparently it keeps them entertained.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Wow I didn't know Dak bested Herbert? All I remember was that Herbert had 2 Touchdowns passed called back due to stupid penalties on his team. So basically Chargers without penalty would beat us by 11 points. That some Dak's cooking you got there. We didn't beat the Chargers, they beated themselves with stupid penalties. Despite the fact we have a more talented roster than them.

I don't care about the numbers because Dak has prime Zeke just like Goff had prime Gurley. Ekeler is a good RB but he no workhorse and he no Zeke. And I don't know if you bought it up or somewhere else did, but Jared Goff also went 13-3 outplayed Drew Brees in the NFCCG while down 13 - 0 and made it to the Superbowl. Dak went 13-3 and couldn't even sniff the NFCCG. Of course McVay a genius and JG stink at coaching. That what I mean when you just look at stats. Go watch Herbert play football, and see how truly special he is.

Watch Dak play football and see how truly special he is.

He’s no Dalton though right lol?

Aulac

Reaction score
Herbert is one of the ABDs.. (Anybody But Dak) so he is automatically better to these people. There is no changing the minds of these people.. It can be fun pointing out the ridiculous lengths to which they will go to try and discredit anything Dak accomplishes but at no point should one expect any of them to ever stop spewing their nonsense.. Apparently it keeps them entertained.

Let see here, it took Dak's 6 years to improve to where he become a top 10 QB while it took Herbert literally his first year. Dude outplayed Mahomes, Brady, and Brees in consecutive weeks. Dak went toe to toe with Brady and you guys are impress? Talk about low standard and expectation.

Aulac

Reaction score
Watch Dak play football and see how truly special he is.

He’s no Dalton though right lol?

Dak has all the weapons you could ever want on offense minus TE. It easy to do well on a stack team. In fact any other top 10 QB could do the same. In fact Dak has better weapon on offense than the Rams, because that how stack we are thanks to multiple losing seasons and high draft picks.

It funny people here claiming has been elite this whole time when half the board in the past called him "Dak Bortle" or multiple "Dak suck threads". I don't see Chargers fans calling Herbert Bortle or any other top 10 QB. I don't remember seeing Watson being hated by his fans for only winning 4 games?

Please note, I do not like Watson as a human being, I'm just talking about his skill as a QB. I would not take Watson over Dak at this point but that more for personal reason. Minus the DUI, Dak is a good person and likeable.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Let see here, it took Dak's 6 years to improve to where he become a top 10 QB while it took Herbert literally his first year. Dude outplayed Mahomes, Brady, and Brees in consecutive weeks. Dak went toe to toe with Brady and you guys are impress? Talk about low standard and expectation.

First of all there is no way Herbert outplayed Mahomes, Brady and Brees in consecutive weeks because he has never played them in consecutive weeks.. I know I know.. those pesky facts have no place here.. but here they are..

1 Sun September 13 4:05PM ET boxscore W 1-0 @ Cincinnati Bengals 16 13 19 362 207 155 19 295 173 122 2 -2.07 8.27 -3.54
2 Sun September 20 4:25PM ET boxscore L OT 1-1 Kansas City Chiefs 20 23 28 479 296 183 1 23 414 289 125 13.33 -10.92 -3.80
3 Sun September 27 4:05PM ET boxscore L 1-2 Carolina Panthers 16 21 26 436 319 117 4 14 302 221 81 -5.44 -1.18 0.62
4 Sun October 4 1:00PM ET boxscore L 1-3 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31 38 15 324 278 46 2 28 484 369 115 1 5.88 -12.95 -0.20
5 Mon October 12 8:15PM ET boxscore L OT 1-4 @ New Orleans Saints 27 30 19 350 239 111 23 408 313 95 1 6.80 -3.09 -7.4

That was the Chargers' first 5 games last season.. What also jumps out at me is that they LOST Herbert's first four starts.. including all three of the games you referenced where he allegedly outplayed the other QBs. So he lost all the games but apparently looked good doing it? Talk about low standard.. and expectation.

edit: More fun facts.. When Herbert was outplaying Brady did it matter that Brady had more yards 369 to 290, more TDs 5-3 and the same number of INTs while being sacked 0 times to 2 for Herbert. Maybe you could explain how this is "outplaying."

I'll wait..

Last edited:

Aulac

Reaction score
First of all there is no way Herbert outplayed Mahomes, Brady and Brees in consecutive weeks because he has never played them in consecutive weeks.. I know I know.. those pesky facts have no place here.. but here they are..

1 Sun September 13 4:05PM ET boxscore W 1-0 @ Cincinnati Bengals 16 13 19 362 207 155 19 295 173 122 2 -2.07 8.27 -3.54
2 Sun September 20 4:25PM ET boxscore L OT 1-1 Kansas City Chiefs 20 23 28 479 296 183 1 23 414 289 125 13.33 -10.92 -3.80
3 Sun September 27 4:05PM ET boxscore L 1-2 Carolina Panthers 16 21 26 436 319 117 4 14 302 221 81 -5.44 -1.18 0.62
4 Sun October 4 1:00PM ET boxscore L 1-3 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 31 38 15 324 278 46 2 28 484 369 115 1 5.88 -12.95 -0.20
5 Mon October 12 8:15PM ET boxscore L OT 1-4 @ New Orleans Saints 27 30 19 350 239 111 23 408 313 95 1 6.80 -3.09 -7.4

That was the Chargers' first 5 games last season.. What also jumps out at me is that they LOST Herbert's first four starts.. including all three of the games you referenced where he allegedly outplayed the other QBs. So he lost all the games but apparently looked good doing it? Talk about low standard..
So Herbert DID play those three

Man you only watch Cowboys game don't you? Herbert outplayed all three of those QB's but Lynn is a coward coach and the Charger defense was so awful last year due to injuries. In all of those games, in the 2nd half the entire half they played prevent defense. I don't know how Chargers fans put up with it but missing the playoff last year was the best thing to ever happen to them. Now they have Brandon Stanley instead of that bum of a coach in Anthony Lynn. Lynn is a good OC though but coaching is past his pay grade.

In the 2nd half, they only ran the ball and didn't allow Herbert to throw much for some reason. Lynn is the reason the Chargers haven't made the playoff in a while. Couldn't even make the playoff with Rivers beside his first year. Chargers have had a good coach since Marty and now Stanley is long past due. Fortunately they play in the AFC because even Dak threw a pick against the Chargers. Its funny people argue Herbert threw a pick but that was because Allen fell down. On the very next play, Dak threw the exact throw in the same spot and was nearly picked off as well but his receiver didn't fall down.

The only excuse I give Dak is that he never had a Sean McVay type coach and coaching matter a lot in the NFL. Yet when I see Herbert with Lynn and having the worst rank O-line last year, I'm just in complete amazement. Draft experts are truly idiots for thinking Lawrence is better than Herbert.

DFWJC

Reaction score
:laugh:
ABD
That's good!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo has a chance at going into the HoF, is Dak going into the HoF? His stats and win currently is not HoF worthy.
I think a bunch of Cowboys fans were too hard on Romo, but.....

He is not going to the HOF.
Maybe if played 4 more years at the level he was playing late in his career, but....no.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I can't BELIEVE what I just read. The fact that you think Dak is better than Herbert is just sad.

Completion percentages doesn't matter when most of his throws is checkdown. Most of Dak's stats is from garbage time when he facing prevent defense. You know prevent defense doesn't stop anything right?!?

Herbert is an unproven QB? Win and Loss isn't a QB stat otherwise Jared Goff is 2nd to Brady in all times win in the last 5 years. The Cowboys is still a better organization than the Chargers. How come Phillip Rivers couldn't bring the Chargers to the playoff in the last few years? Is Rivers also a garbage QB as well?

How does Dak have a better rookie season than Herbert when Herbert broke the rookie record for touchdown? His first game, he blew out the Chiefs until Lynn went with prevent defense and that was with no pre-season and practice of any kind. He literally a generational talent at the QB position. Dak is not a generational talent.

I see. You just pick the stats YOU want to look at. It's okay.

Dak hasn't had ANY 'garbage time' play or stats this year. His completion percentage is better because he throws check downs? Then why is his average completion longer than Herbert's? Can't have it both ways, brother.

Wins and losses don't count, but TD passes do? Herbert hasn't thrown for more TDs than Dak this year and Herbert has been intercepted more. I guess that means everything? No.

I didn't say Herbert is a garbage QB. I don't think Rivers is a garbage QB, either.

Back to the rookie record for TDs. Like you said, when you're losing most of your games, the team is in garbage time more, just like the Chargers were last season. During Dak's rookie season, they we're winning all their games, so slamming Zeke down the middle was the answer, not tossing for meaningless TDs on the way to a 7-9 season.

Also in their rookie season, Dak's average completion was 8.0,, much better than Herbert's. Oh, and Dak threw a whopping 4 picks his rookie year. I'll let you look up how many Herbert threw, but here's a hint: it was double digits.

You think the Cowboys have a better organization than the Chargers? Tell me what that means to you before I answer.

You seem to think I don't like Herbert. That's not true at all. I think he shows tremendous promise as a young QB. I just don't think he's a better QB than Dak. There is no stat you can show me that says he is, and 'most TDs thrown' is meaningless to me. Ryan Tannehill threw more TDs than Herbert last year. You think Ryan is a better QB than Justin? I'd rather have Herbert.

One last point: Where a QB is in the 'MVP Race' after three weeks couldn't mean less, at least to me.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I'm also going to say what a lot of people hint at here:

Many Dak haters don't like the color of his skin and don't think a black QB should be leading 'our' team. I'm not talking about anyone in particular on this board, so don't jump to conclusions. I'm talking about comments that I've heard in person, in some cases from people I'd never expect to go there. They know I won't out them, but I certainly argued with them.

Do I want an ignorant human - white, black, red, or green - to be the face of my favorite team? No. Had Johnny Manziel somehow turned into a star, I wouldn't have wanted him as the face of the Cowboys. Dak is a high character, very bright dude and I'm proud to have him as our QB.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Romo has a chance at going into the HoF, is Dak going into the HoF? His stats and win currently is not HoF worthy.
With all due respect - if Dak plays in this league as long as Romo did, and with these particular weapons at his disposal, Dak's stats will DWARF Romo's. The only question will be can Dak do what Romo couldn't come close to doing - "WIN A SUPER BOWL". Stay tuned..

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
:laugh:
ABD
That's good!

I thought ABD was Ronnie's perception of apportioning blame.

@RonnieT24 let's be fair the Dak Hater vrs ABD argument is amusing for us that like and are very happy with Dak, but can acknowledge that he's not quite the infallible MVP QB (YET) that certain posters claim.

The trolls are just going to wind you up and you bite so easily....just be confident in Dak.

Qcard

Reaction score
:hammer:

USArmyVet

Reaction score

...or perhaps people who are hesitant about Dak point to his record since 2017 and realize while Dak is playing well so far this season, it is only 3 games into the season and the defense and running game have stepped up a lot so far.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think a bunch of Cowboys fans were too hard on Romo, but.....

He is not going to the HOF.
Maybe if played 4 more years at the level he was playing late in his career, but....no.

1000%