Twitter: Dak expected to get his own Jordan line

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Daks, soon to be more famous than Crocs.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I agree. when you get into playoffs, experience matters and I think Romo would have been a better option.
Nah, you can't stop that train from rolling at that point in the season.

I think our coaches and FO make a lot of bone head decisions, but sticking with Dak in 2016 was not one of them.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
I'll take the T-Shirt of him missing all those targets in that accuracy contest. About sums up his career.

This guy is like the king of mediocrity, all show for dough.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We all saw that it took Dak and the offense about a quarter and a half to get off the bus in that Green Bay game...
I disagree with this. Dak was fine to start the game. We scored 3 points on the first 3 possessions, but Dak wasn't the reason the drives were failing, unless you require him to be absolutely perfect, which Romo never was (not even in the 2014 playoff game against GB).

First drive, the main cause of that drive failing was Jason Witten getting his ankles broken trying to pick up a blitz that put us in bad down and distance. Dak just threw an incomplete pass on 3rd down and we had to settle for a FG.

The 2nd drive Dak had us in the red zone but for a Butler penalty that put us in really bad down and distance, which would have been hard to convert. Many believe the penalty was bogus but that is a different debate.

3rd drive, TWILL dropped a wide open pass on 1st down that should have been the start of another drive. Zeke got stuffed on 2nd down and 3rd down play Dak got hit as he threw, but nothing was there for the 1st down anyway.

Dak wasn't just stinking up the joint early in that game. As a matter of fact, it reminded me of almost every other game the Cowboys have played for the past 15 years. Random players failing to do their job and making it more difficult to succeed.

Dak's mistake that game was the interception thrown in the 3rd quarter, but if we needed perfection from the QB, Romo wouldn't have been the player to provide it either unless he did something he hadn't been able to do any other time during his career.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nah, you can't stop that train from rolling at that point in the season.

I think our coaches and FO make a lot of bone head decisions, but sticking with Dak in 2016 was not one of them.
if I wasn't clear, my point wasn't to replace Dak in playoff game with Romo as starting point for Romo. earlier in the year, Romo was ready, you are well on your way to the playoffs. so get Romo a few games at the end of the season and then into playoffs. at that point you have to have a long term outlook for the season as opposed to winning a few more games in season. Playoffs IMHO are a different beast, where experience matters. no rookie QB has ever made it to the superbowl. there is a reason.

I also think Garrett made a grave mistake by sitting everyone down for the last game, then having a off week and it was obvious in the first half against GB, the offense (or defense) weren't on the same page and made some simple mental errors that should have never happened at that point of the season. I would have let Dak play in that last game (romo sentiments aside)....specially if you have a rookie QB, on a hot streak. that move amounted to Dak not playing a real game for 3 weeks.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
if I wasn't clear, my point wasn't to replace Dak in playoff game with Romo as starting point for Romo. earlier in the year, Romo was ready, you are well on your way to the playoffs. so get Romo a few games at the end of the season and then into playoffs. at that point you have to have a long term outlook for the season as opposed to winning a few more games in season. Playoffs IMHO are a different beast, where experience matters. no rookie QB has ever made it to the superbowl. there is a reason.

I also think Garrett made a grave mistake by sitting everyone down for the last game, then having a off week and it was obvious in the first half against GB, the offense (or defense) weren't on the same page and made some simple mental errors that should have never happened at that point of the season. I would have let Dak play in that last game (romo sentiments aside)....specially if you have a rookie QB, on a hot streak. that move amounted to Dak not playing a real game for 3 weeks.
I can't stand the "sit everyone when you have your spot lock up" mentality. It seems like such a crazy thing to do when you're firing on all cylinders.

I also can't stand sitting starters out the last couple preseason games, because they come in cold and rusty when they needed that work. Garrett did that in 2017 and it showed the first few weeks.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you agree that the QB of the Dallas Cowboys is not just another player?
Of course being the Cowboy QB is high profile, and that can result in greater praise or greater criticism than other QB's deal with, sometimes fair and sometimes not.

And, of course, the QB himself still has to be appealing on his own for companies to want him for their marketing campaigns. Being QB of the Cowboys isn't enough if there is no performance on the field, or personality off the field.

Besides, how many free agents do you think would sign with the Cowboys if the Cowboys position was "we will pay you less, but you have a chance to make it up with endorsements"?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No one takes a team friendly deal their first contract.

Well technically since all rookie salaries are already set by the CBA ALL players take team friendly deals on their first contract. Since the first contract is the rookie deal. I think what you mean here is their first BIG contract.. And Dak absolutely DID take a team friendly contract. He gave them 15-20 million in cap relief this year and 5-10 million next year. He also took the voidable years to mitigate the impact of the b onus. Was it the dirt cheap deal so many would have liked? Of course not.. but frankly he had already done the orginization a huge favor by playing top 10 QB while make bottom 10 money. It was time for them to reciprocate.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well technically since all rookie salaries are already set by the CBA ALL players take team friendly deals on their first contract. Since the first contract is the rookie deal. I think what you mean here is their first BIG contract.. And Dak absolutely DID take a team friendly contract. He gave them 15-20 million in cap relief this year and 5-10 million next year. He also took the voidable years to mitigate the impact of the b onus. Was it the dirt cheap deal so many would have liked? Of course not.. but frankly he had already done the orginization a huge favor by playing top 10 QB while make bottom 10 money. It was time for them to reciprocate.
I also suspect if the team asks he will be willing to restructure along the way to help with cap space like a lot of QB's do after getting the big contract.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see it more like yes, we'll do business with you because we think we can capitalize off of the Cowboys' popularity but it'll be a total separate deal. We don't want you apart of what we're doing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You know what I meant. But I agree with you.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Of course being the Cowboy QB is high profile, and that can result in greater praise or greater criticism than other QB's deal with, sometimes fair and sometimes not.

And, of course, the QB himself still has to be appealing on his own for companies to want him for their marketing campaigns. Being QB of the Cowboys isn't enough if there is no performance on the field, or personality off the field.

Besides, how many free agents do you think would sign with the Cowboys if the Cowboys position was "we will pay you less, but you have a chance to make it up with endorsements"?
I wasnt talking about a defensive tackle. Im talking about the QB ONLY of the Cowboys. His endorsements aqre because he is the QB of the Cowboys. Like I said, his endorsements would be a fraction of what they are if he were on the Bengals.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I wasnt talking about a defensive tackle. Im talking about the QB ONLY of the Cowboys. His endorsements aqre because he is the QB of the Cowboys. Like I said, his endorsements would be a fraction of what they are if he were on the Bengals.
but if he was on the Bengals team, would he be the star of the gold diggers?

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
He didn't get the shoe deal yet . . . this is an audition year. Which means the Boys once again will be showcasing Dak . . . He should have 5000 yards and the Cowboys will be 6-11. . with endless threads about how bad the Wr's are and How Dak can't be expected to carry the team

Can't wait for the $#it $#ow. . I thought we were done with Dak auditioning for His contract Now this:facepalm:

I thought He could go back to being a bis driver . . . will it ever end?
Daks contract with Jordan is signed. It's a done deal. You Dak haters also swear Aikman was the best thing since sliced bread. He had a defense and a great running game to help him. He didn't do it on his own, but carry on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, if he sucked he would not get major endorsements even as the Cowboy QB. Clint Stoerner and Quincy Carter clearly did not cash in.

But of course, being good and popular and the Cowboys QB does make for nice endorsement opportunities. I don’t deny that. But my point still stands that (1) the player himself has to be marketable, and (2) a team cannot successfully sign players by telling the them they will pay lower salaries with the expectation the player can make it up in endorsements. That applies with QBs or any position

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No, if he sucked he would not get major endorsements even as the Cowboy QB. Clint Stoerner and Quincy Carter clearly did not cash in.

But of course, being good and popular and the Cowboys QB does make for nice endorsement opportunities. I don’t deny that. But my point still stands that (1) the player himself has to be marketable, and (2) a team cannot successfully sign players by telling the them they will pay lower salaries with the expectation the player can make it up in endorsements. That applies with QBs or any position

Of course not, because what we are talking about only applies to ONE team. So yes, teams can not say they will make more money by signing a deal with _______________ enter team. There is only 1 team that this rule applies to.