Dak extension?

Flamma

Reaction score
You've seen Dak lead the NFL in INTS when missing 5 games.

Wait until you see him play all 17 (if he can because he's injury prone).

Dak ain't getting an extension if he has a repeat of last year.
LOL dude, I only root for Dak because he's the QB on the Cowboys. But I want him off this team as soon as possible. I want a chance at winning a SB. Similar to the teams with really good QBs. In order to actually win a SB with Dak we're going to need to surround him with top of the line offensive weapons and have a 2000 Ravens defense. That's never going to happen.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
they will extend garrett and we will be here making fun of the sloth processor for years to come. Enjoy.

Flamma

Reaction score
Can't . . . It is an Impossibility for Him

Especially when the Pressure is turnt up . . . A Sad Fact

I have been His Greatest Critic . . . After His Tampa Performance I was backing Him . . . Then The Head Scrathing Plays. . .

Done with Him
Yeah, it's not going to happen. We have to fall into a weird Philly situation where they entire schedule is cake and we have no one to play in the playoffs. But how often does that happen?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
LOL dude, I only root for Dak because he's the QB on the Cowboys. But I want him off this team as soon as possible. I want a chance at winning a SB. Similar to the teams with really good QBs. In order to actually win a SB with Dak we're going to need to surround him with top of the line offensive weapons and have a 2000 Ravens defense. That's never going to happen.
Then we should all be rooting for Dak's failure as the QB.

It's very apparent that as long as he's good enough to embarrass the team in the playoffs then he's good enough to be on the roster.

That's why we should be rooting for not even sniffing the playoffs. We should be hoping for 5-12 instead of 12-5.

erod

Reaction score
Extending Dak ensures the Cowboys will remain an illegitimate contender for even longer unless they build a defense at the level of Seattle or Baltimore from recent years.

He will forever be a middling quarterback who is incredibly easy for good defenses to shut down.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Extending Dak ensures the Cowboys will remain an illegitimate contender for even longer unless they build a defense at the level of Seattle or Baltimore from recent years.

He will forever be a middling quarterback who is incredibly easy for good defenses to shut down.
Well, they said that about garrett and what's he doing now. oops, bad example. Yep 4 more years of crap.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The first thing about being serious about winning a Super Bowl is bringing players in that can win. Not just win games during the regular season and fall flat in the playoffs. Just because you make the playoffs doesn't mean you can win a championship. The Cowboys had zero chance in the last two years. Who are we kidding?

Your take is, I'll pay 100K for a honda civic because it's the only car in the lot. What better choice to I have? I have to get to work. I'm not riding a bike. So I'll pay.

Think of it as if you were playing a football sim with no money involved. Would you pay Dak? No, you wouldn't. Because your only goal is to win a championship. NFL owners goal is to make money. That's why they pay Dak, and that's why teams pay QB's like Jones, Murray, Cousins, you get the point. To make money. To keep the team relevant even though they know they're not winning anything.
The first thing to winning a championship is paying your QB that gives you a chance to win one. Winning a Super Bowl isn’t easy the Cowboys have had only two QBs in their entire history win a Super Bowl. A team is pretty serious about winning when they’re paying their QB $40 million per season. The road to winning a championship starts with having a good regular season and making the playoffs. Teams are paying QBs big money even the ones who aren’t Patrick Mahomes because you have no choice but to pay a less than great QB or you’ll have nothing at the position.

Washington didn’t want to pay Kirk Cousins who’s pretty good and now they have nothing at the position and can’t make the playoffs. Even a Honda Civic can get you to your destination if you’re traveling the right road to the postseason. If you don’t want to extend Dak and move on who’s your QB? Let’s see how serious you are about winning a championship.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
what does it matter if you lose with dak or if you lose without dak? no differences. sheesh.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
For the record..I have said it before. We CAN win with Dak. He does have to cut down on some of the head scratching mistakes.

Beating Brady? First off...is it a team game or not? Isn't when convenient I suppose. 2ndly...8 other QB's did it last year. In and out and back in retirement. 15 years ago...even 10....might be something to hang your hat on. Last year? Um...no.

mqdefault.jpg
Football is a team game, but Dak played one of the best games of his career against Tom Brady in the playoffs and it resulted in a blowout win. When he played bad against him in the opener, the Cowboys got rolled over. A QBs performance influences the outcome of games more than any other player. Hard to beat anyone when their QB plays great. A lot of QBs have beaten Brady, but none of the Cowboys QBs have ever beaten him until Dak did. The Cowboys were 0-7 against him and they hadn’t won a road playoff game in 30 years. Both accomplishments are something to hang your hat on when you’ve had the struggles the Cowboys have had beating Brady and winning a road playoff game.

NotForLong

Reaction score

It's very apparent that as long as he's good enough to embarrass the team in the playoffs then he's good enough to be on the roster.

That's why we should be rooting for not even sniffing the playoffs. We should be hoping for 5-12 instead of 12-5.
2024 is too far away . . . Injury will be same result. . . Hopefully Jerry steps in it again and we draft a Hidden Gem in the draft

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Dak says he promises to be better, so what more do we need.
We should be totally confident and invested now.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Football is a team game, but Dak played one of the best games of his career against Tom Brady in the playoffs and it resulted in a blowout win. When he played bad against him in the opener, the Cowboys got rolled over. A QBs performance influences the outcome of games more than any other player. Hard to beat anyone when their QB plays great. A lot of QBs have beaten Brady, but none of the Cowboys QBs have ever beaten him until Dak did. The Cowboys were 0-7 against him and they hadn’t won a road playoff game in 30 years. Both accomplishments are something to hang your hat on when you’ve had the struggles the Cowboys have had beating Brady and winning a road playoff game.
Ok ok...I get it. Fine. I think your logic is problematic though. Romo had an AWESOME ...EPIC game against Peyton Manning's Broncos....not agianst Manning but Denver Defense...going toe to toe with Manning.

And lost.

So I suppose by your logic he sucked.

Bucs were epically bad. Brady worst of his career in a LONG time. We should have some silver trophy to show for it. :rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ok ok...I get it. Fine. I think your logic is problematic though. Romo had an AWESOME ...EPIC game against Peyton Manning's Broncos....not agianst Manning but Denver Defense...going toe to toe with Manning.

And lost.

So I suppose by your logic he sucked.

Bucs were epically bad. Brady worst of his career in a LONG time. We should have some silver trophy to show for it. :rolleyes:
I don’t think you do get it because my logic is you have to hang onto a good QB that helps you win games even if they’re not perfect. So what’s your plan at QB to keep the Cowboys making the playoffs and in contention?

Flamma

Reaction score

Here is where I think you're smoking some good island stuff. Let's see how he does in 2023. I'm sure it will be more of the same, beat up on crap teams and crap the bed in important games. But we can at least hope for better.

Flamma

Reaction score
The first thing to winning a championship is paying your QB that gives you a chance to win one. Winning a Super Bowl isn’t easy the Cowboys have had only two QBs in their entire history win a Super Bowl. A team is pretty serious about winning when they’re paying their QB $40 million per season. The road to winning a championship starts with having a good regular season and making the playoffs. Teams are paying QBs big money even the ones who aren’t Patrick Mahomes because you have no choice but to pay a less than great QB or you’ll have nothing at the position.

Washington didn’t want to pay Kirk Cousins who’s pretty good and now they have nothing at the position and can’t make the playoffs. Even a Honda Civic can get you to your destination if you’re traveling the right road to the postseason. If you don’t want to extend Dak and move on who’s your QB? Let’s see how serious you are about winning a championship.
You're not winning a championship with an average QB making top dollar. End of story. However, I will admit it almost happened with Jalen Hurts and the Eagles. But I think that is an outlier, not the norm.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Here is where I think you're smoking some good island stuff. Let's see how he does in 2023. I'm sure it will be more of the same, beat up on crap teams and crap the bed in important games. But we can at least hope for better.
I don't need to see 8 years of a player before I know who he really is.

I hope he's so bad that Jerry can't justify putting him on the field again.

I used to be like that with the "let's just hope for better next year" when it comes to Dak, but now I'm past that to the point of just hoping it's so much of a disaster that it embarrasses even Jerry.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You're not winning a championship with an average QB making top dollar. End of story. However, I will admit it almost happened with Jalen Hurts and the Eagles. But I think that is an outlier, not the norm.
If you think Dak and Jalen Hurts are average QBs, then you must think 95% of the QBs in the NFL are average. Stop avoiding the question, what would you do at QB that would give the Cowboys a better chance at winning a SB than they have with Dak? You’re obviously one of those fans who think QBs like Mahomes grow on trees. Just dump the QB you have and go get a QB like him as if that’s going to be easy. Lol