Dak had a horrible 2nd day of full pads practice at 2022 T.C

John813

Reaction score
Allen did not need the practice, our QB most certainly needs the practice!

It's day 2 of padded practice. He's going to look "good" somedays and "bad" the others. Hence, why they have training camp and don't go straight to the regular season after 6-7 months off.

reddyuta

Reaction score
he was bad,he had a wide open TD for a TE and underthrew by 15 feet but somehow the TE caught it and the DB couldnt find the ball,any good DB should have atleast knocked the ball away.he is throwing a lot of ducks and balls are not getting to their spot and he is under throwing them by a lot.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I'm just glad we've gotten to a point in time where bad passes can be discussed and even some of his most ardent supporters acknowledge & discuss. Far cry from the days when any mention of the slightest imperfection was met with vicious attacks.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Dak had a HORRIBLE 2nd day of full pads practice at 2022 T.C.! Everything that he's known to do wrong, well, he pretty much did it...

Struggling players on Day 2 of full pads

Dak Prescott

Listing Prescott as a struggling player should be contextualized first. By all accounts, Dak had an excellent day during the first practice of the week. But he followed up a solid practice with a poor performance on Tuesday.

The receiving group is listed as a winner partially because they had plenty of opportunities to make impressive catches on errant passes from Prescott. And CeeDee wasn't listed in the WR discussion because Prescott kept missing him deep when he was wide open.

Overthrowing receivers on deep passes seems to be the story of the day for Prescott. While he was able to hit Schultz for a TD after he escaped the pocket during today’s mojo moment, that was really the only positive.

Part of this is due to the defensive line impressing in today’s practice. But for the most part, the offensive line looked fine. It was just a down day for the Cowboys’ signal caller and fans should not place too much stock in it.

But on a positive note, the receiving room showed up big.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...struggling-players-its-a-down-day-for-qb1-dak

Snap out of it and fix those sudden mistakes, Dak. No excuse for such bad throws all of a sudden.

As promised, when Dak does well, he deserves praise. When he does bad, I will post about it and blast him. Let's go, Dak! You can do better.

Well this is not optimal

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm just glad we've gotten to a point in time where bad passes can be discussed and even some of his most ardent supporters acknowledge & discuss. Far cry from the days when any mention of the slightest imperfection was met with vicious attacks.
I mean it's been 6 years.

How long can you really keep defending someone before you not only expected better from them, but you demand it, ya know

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I mean it's been 6 years.

How long can you really keep defending someone before you not only expected better from them, but you demand it, ya know

I was beginning to wonder. I would get online after a clearly bad game by Dak expecting people at least acknowledging that it was bad only to see comments that Dak played great it was everyone else. It was bizarre the lengths some would go to shield him from any criticism or blame.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I was beginning to wonder. I would get online after a clearly bad game by Dak expecting people at least acknowledging that it was bad only to see comments that Dak played great it was everyone else. It was bizarre the lengths some would go to shield him from any criticism or blame.
You're still going to have those certain few that have dug in too deep and talked way too much crap to ever admit they were wrong, so there will always be excuses on already.

So that won't change, but I believe it becomes less frequent. Because it will become harder and harder to defend his poor ability and skill.

I've said all offseason that I predict that by Week 8ish nobody but the biggest of Dak homers will have him as a top 10 QB.

But I feel that if you're a Cowboys fan, and not just a Dak fan, at a certain point you're going to demand better from him. If you're just a Dak fan then as long as he has decent stats every few games you're happy.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're still going to have those certain few that have dug in too deep and talked way too much crap to ever admit they were wrong, so there will always be excuses on already.

So that won't change, but I believe it becomes less frequent. Because it will become harder and harder to defend his poor ability and skill.

I've said all offseason that I predict that by Week 8ish nobody but the biggest of Dak homers will have him as a top 10 QB.

But I feel that if you're a Cowboys fan, and not just a Dak fan, at a certain point you're going to demand better from him. If you're just a Dak fan then as long as he has decent stats every few games you're happy.

and when you’re wrong and he’s looking like a boanfide pro bowler by week 8, more people on this board will start to realize you’re just a loudmouth who is wrong yet again.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I know he doesn't practice well and really never has in his career, but I'd like to see good days stacked on top of each other.

We can agree to disagree on the "when the lights on come" thing. Because when those lights are the brightest he crumbles. We have 6 years worth of evidence on that.
Ugh. Good days stacked?

Why you reminding me Garrett was here for 10 years? I had almost forgotten

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
and when you’re wrong and he’s looking like a boanfide pro bowler by week 8, more people on this board will start to realize you’re just a loudmouth who is wrong yet again.
You're writing checks that Dak's play can't cash.

You've hitched your wagons to the wrong guy. Dak is not worth your credibility when talking football.

I would start easing off the Dak lovefest if I was you, maybe change that profile picture to a real star like Parsons while you're at it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No flip-flopping, bro. Just upset. Those overthrows at wide open WRs is what truly gets me. No excuses for that. Bring your release point down!!! It's like pitching baseball.

If not, learn how to not overpower your throws but instead add a little touch with a little arc to your throws.

Who is Dak's QB coach? What is he teaching him? Dak should have mastered his throws by now. It's year 7 already.

How Baseball Is Building Better NFL Quarterbacks
From a biomechanical standpoint, the throwing motion for quarterbacks and pitchers is largely the same, so skills that help on the diamond can help on the gridiron.

https://www.wired.com/2015/10/baseball-building-better-nfl-quarterbacks/

I read years ago concerning NFL quarterbacks that they do a lot of experimenting in camp, working on specific aspects of their game or throwing motion. Getting their mechanics down takes a lot of work, so sometimes they test and try things to continue trying to tweak their play. Not saying that's what Dak was doing, just that we shouldn't focus too much on a bad day. There can be myriad reasons for it. Multiple bad days in a row or a bad camp should definitely be concerning. One bad day? Let's wait and see what the next one looks like.

Ken

Reaction score
It is funny that his "bad day" showed one missed pass.

Meanwhile i saw a two minute series where he went right down the field and scored

Ridiculous.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're writing checks that Dak's play can't cash.

You've hitched your wagons to the wrong guy. Dak is not worth your credibility when talking football.

I would start easing off the Dak lovefest if I was you, maybe change that profile picture to a real star like Parsons while you're at it.

Yep daks gonna be balling and all the loud proclamations from mountaineer will look like ramblings of a madman. Maybe they will start to realize you’re actually a troll only here to cause division.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yep daks gonna be balling and all the loud proclamations from mountaineer will look like ramblings of a madman. Maybe they will start to realize you’re actually a troll only here to cause division.
We'll see.

I just hope you're not like some of your buddies and you actually stick around to eat crow instead of leaving for months at a time.

JayFord

Reaction score
its practice

You throw it anywhere sometimes just to see what the result may be

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t know if this is your first time following Dak but he typically doesn’t practice well. Even in his rookie season there were reports at times Showers looked better than him. He’s one of those guys who just turn it on when the lights come on.

LOL......he turns it on when......
200w.gif

NFC East......and the rest of the NFL Dogs!!!!