Dak had a horrible 2nd day of full pads practice at 2022 T.C

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Shocking to me that most of you won't accept that Dak's bum leg is really the issue. I'll bet anything that he suffered nerve damage when he suffered that season-ending injury.
It's not his leg.

He's just not very good and was made to look better by the talent around him.

The talent is just not there this year and it will show just like it did in 2018 before we traded for Cooper.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It's not his leg.

The talent is just not there this year and it will show just like it did in 2018 before we traded for Cooper.
Well, you never sugar coat it, no beating around the bush, and probably right.
Washington being here was supposed to negate or maybe mitigate the loss of Coop and Ced, but minus Washington now only exacerbates the issue even further.
This team will be holding high hopes for the Vashers, Fehokos, etc on this roster.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I feel bad for CD. Amari used to get so wide open it masked his inaccuracy.
CD had the most catches on the team while leading the NFL in drops.....we may need to feel bad for Dak lol

phildadon86

Reaction score
It's not his leg.

Honest question. And in no way do I believe this will happen so dont twist my words.

What are you going to do if Dak is out there lighting up with these bums at WR minus Lamb? Will you give him even more credit for carrying this sorry excuse of a WR corps? Or will you say that these bums are carrying him. It cant be both.

Which will it be brother?

Again. I dont see it happening I am just playing devils advocate lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Honest question. And in no way do I believe this will happen so dont twist my words.

What are you going to do if Dak is out there lighting up with these bums at WR minus Lamb? Will you give him even more credit for carrying this sorry excuse of a WR corps? Or will you say that these bums are carrying him. It cant be both.

I will give him credit just like I have done in the past when he's played well.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Meanwhile....:omg:

Let's hope the rest of the 31 teams lose 70% of their players for the year and maybe we can make it to the divisional round of the playoffs????:confused:

phildadon86

Reaction score
I will give him credit just like I have done in the past when he's played well.
Fair enough. How much of the credit though. Because if he is carrying this group of WRs it goes completely against your opinion that he needs the team to be perfect to succeed.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He couldn't get Cooper(20 million$ WR) 1000 yards rec and what exactly are you talking about????:rolleyes:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sure seems like it. Ugh!

Mindboggling. How can a QB go from arguably his best day ever in training camp to one of the worst ones? :mad:
You deserve cred for being fair and balanced in this case.
Kudos
:starspin:

Day 1 does not make our QB an HOFer and Day 2 does not make him street fodder

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Fair enough. How much of the credit though. Because if he is carrying this group of WRs it goes completely against your opinion that he needs the team to be perfect to succeed.
I don't know.

It depends on how he does in the games.

If Zeke and Pollard are average 200 yards a game I'm not going to pretend like Dak is out there willing the team to victory with his arm.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don't know.

It depends on how he does in the games.

If Zeke and Pollard are average 200 yards a game I'm not going to pretend like Dak is out there willing the team to victory with his arm.
Well yeah lol. Obviously not. I have no idea how that would even be possible. With this group of WRs I would imagine that teams are going to key in to stop the run. More than usual lol

nobody

Reaction score
No flip-flopping, bro. Just upset. Those overthrows at wide open WRs is what truly gets me. No excuses for that. Bring your release point down!!! It's like pitching baseball.

If not, learn how to not overpower your throws but instead add a little touch with a little arc to your throws.

Who is Dak's QB coach? What is he teaching him? Dak should have mastered his throws by now. It's year 7 already.

How Baseball Is Building Better NFL Quarterbacks
From a biomechanical standpoint, the throwing motion for quarterbacks and pitchers is largely the same, so skills that help on the diamond can help on the gridiron.

https://www.wired.com/2015/10/baseball-building-better-nfl-quarterbacks/

After how last season ended, I'm convinced that 99% of Dak's issues are mental. Either he's overthinking and holding the ball too long or rushes and gets careless with accuracy.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
After how last season ended, I'm convinced that 99% of Dak's issues are mental. Either he's overthinking and holding the ball too long or rushes and gets careless with accuracy.
Totally agree, brother. I even said as much at the end of the season. Fix the mental mistakes. The physical tools are all there.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I think he'll be under an enormous amount of pressure this year just trying to live up to his contract. I think if things don't go well early that he'll try to do things he's not capable of, which won't go well.