Dak had a horrible 2nd day of full pads practice at 2022 T.C

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don’t pay attention in practices. He never practices particularly well. Show up and play well on game day..

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Consistency is always one of the biggest knocks on Dak. He's to hit and miss.

You think this is bad wait until he's allowed to be hit and roughed up. The comfort that red shirt provides isn't helping much.

By Week 8 this season the headlines will be talking about McCarthy, Moore, and Dak being replaced as soon as possible.
McCarthy and Moore will be replaced. We are stuck with Dak for at least another season or two after this. Maybe Jerry will listen to Payton

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
McCarthy and Moore will be replaced. We are stuck with Dak for at least another season or two after this. Maybe Jerry will listen to Payton

And if Payton says Dak is a good QB and he wants him will you listen to Payton?

Or he is only a good coach until he disagrees with your opinion on the QB?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
As long as Dak doesn't wear his hat backward.....

cmoney23

Reaction score
HAHAHA... we're talking about a few throws in practice. Day two no less. ****.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Who do you think we paid 160 million to....Joe Burrows?
This is the lemon deal of the decade for the NFL.
All these issues are still with Dakko and after 6 seasons there not going away.
One look at his footwork and how he uses his upper body to force his throws tells the Tim Tebow tale....

Weaknesses
  • Beat up this year thanks to poor protection
  • When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard
  • Not as competitive a rusher in 2015
  • Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll
  • Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers
  • Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply
  • Pocket poise has been compromised
  • Hyper aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw
  • Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions
  • Must speed up the pace of his reads
  • Footwork is a mess
  • Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift
  • Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body
  • Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws
  • Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense
  • Needs to improve anticipation
Dak obsessed Troll.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Consistency is always one of the biggest knocks on Dak. He's to hit and miss.

You think this is bad wait until he's allowed to be hit and roughed up. The comfort that red shirt provides isn't helping much.

By Week 8 this season the headlines will be talking about McCarthy, Moore, and Dak being replaced as soon as possible.
Dak obsessed Troll.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Sure seems like it. Ugh!

Mindboggling. How can a QB go from arguably his best day ever in training camp to one of the worst ones? :mad:

Too much Cheese , ( quoting Parcells)

I guess one good day in the camp doesn’t maketh the QB , so one bad day also doesnt broketh QB.

Learn from this , work on the mechanics , ( tired of saying this to a 6th year QB ) and improve timing /understanding with WRs / TEs …

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I will have some patience and wait past day 2, but you never work out bad mechanics after a year 6 at the position.
It is the body's natural motion, what each and every person on this planet is born with, each similar but unique.
Im all for the miracle transformation to some how happen all of a sudden like flipping on a light switch, I hope it happens for this Teams sake, Daks sake, the fans sake, but not seeing
the natural evolution since year 2-3.
Improvements in his overall mechanics have been minimal, and turning into a mainly pocket passer will further expose those weaknesses.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Sure. But if he says that Dak isn’t will you listen?

Absolutley ...said it before the one thing I want to see is a HC hired and the GM and he have a plan they work on together...if the coach says I need this and is held accountable for the results then ABSOLUTLEY!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans should react to this just as they should have yesterday's. It is one day, don't make too much of it.

Don't overreact to reports designed to get you to overreact so that you will come back and listen or watch and overreact again. Overreaction is a drug.

QB's have good days and bad days, just like other humans. Why, Joe Theismann once threw 5 picks in Texas Stadium in prime time and on his birthday.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Shocking to me that most of you won't accept that Dak's bum leg is really the issue. I'll bet anything that he suffered nerve damage when he suffered that season-ending injury.