Dak had an outstanding game tonight

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
He had a good game overall, especially since this team can't run the ball to save their lives.

But it's the Dak and CeeDee show. That will only go so far if nothing else works.
As much this forum likes to crap on Dak. He has 32 tds thrown to 8 picks. That's a 4 to 1 ratio. He's doing it with no run game.

Ken

Reaction score
XsPWGY2.png
INT could have been a TD

Gallup was WIDE OPEN in the middle of the field and Dak forced it toward Ceedee

aikemirv

Reaction score
This guy is so miserable about Dak it is comical.

Yes...Dak has one weapon and no running game.

Somehow he thinks this is Dak's fault lol
Cooks is a weapon though. He needs to look his way more. Great hands and very good route running! Need a running game or better protection. I don't care which!

Ken

Reaction score
One 3-and-out, 4 punts.

Fun fact:
Cowboys entered tonight having punted 40 times this season, fewest in the entire NFL.

Even after tonight, we're tied for the fewest with Buffalo at 44.
The guy is literally spoiled at this point.

OMG....they punted 4!!!!!!! times lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, the INT was bad, but those are going to happen.

Other than that, his play was exceptional.

Especially considering he has absolutely no run game and pass protection was average at best.

That 92 yard Touchdown pass to Lamb was an absolute dime.
really in the end that interception is partly due to CD lamb not fighting for the football..IMHO he didn't see or feel that DB became a 5050 jump ball and he made no effort to break it up etc lazily went up for the ball not bad throw just db beat CD to it.. heck if city land just runs through the db he might even get a pass interference call

but yes DAk had great game i mean got robbed of anther 7 by CD fumble...

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Dak made some key throws no doubt but the last 3 weeks the offense has put up scores of 10, 20 and 20. Average of 16.66 points per game. Not great for the #1 offense (or not sure if we still are). The 5 games before that we were averaging right at 40 ppg, although the competition has been tougher lately.
Couldn't agree more. Not a good trend entering the post season where the competition gets tougher, AND they will have the double whammy of playing on the road and even outdoors.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Not a good trend entering the post season where the competition gets tougher, AND they will have the double whammy of playing on the road and even outdoors.
Also our last two playoff loses both against the 49ers we put up 12 and 17.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not sure I would be making this post. Dont get me wrong, Dak made the plays to get us a win, barely, but it outside of CeeDee Lamb I am not sure he did too much.
without a run game OL still shaky etc nearly 400 yards passing lmao umm ok hate much??

it was impressive he and CD basically did it themselves...add in some odd Play calls and clock management. etc dude get off yourself it was a great game....

really in the end that interception is partly due to CD lamb not fighting for the football..IMHO he didn't see or feel that DB became a 5050 jump ball and he made no effort to break it up etc lazily went up for the ball, not bad throw just db beat CD to it.. heck if CD just runs through the db he might even get a pass interference call..

but yes Dak had great game i mean got robbed of another 7 by CD fumble... the selective memory loss when we're trying to praise our quarterback is so funny. never seems to be any memory loss when it comes to ripping on him....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak had 2 TDs all game .

outstanding ????
yes, and it's much better than 0... he's carried us to wins like these games all season.. so all of sudden bigger stats matter, not wins? just take that somewhere else...lmao wow what troll. mad we won not a big enough score ... by the way if CD lamb doesn't fumble out the end zone, that's another touchdown..

without a run game OL still shaky etc nearly 400 yards passing lmao umm ok hate much??

it was impressive he and CD basically did it themselves...add in some odd Play calls and clock management. etc dude get off yourself it was a great game....

really in the end that interception is partly due to CD lamb not fighting for the football.. IMHO he didn't see or feel that DB became a 5050 jump ball and he made no effort to break it up etc lazily went up for the ball, not bad throw just db beat CD to it.. heck if CD just runs through the db he might even get a pass interference call..

but yes Dak had great game i mean got robbed of another 7 by CD fumble... the selective memory loss when we're trying to praise our quarterback is so funny. never seems to be any memory loss when it comes to ripping on him..

Cydios

Reaction score
Yes, the INT was bad, but those are going to happen.

Other than that, his play was exceptional.

Especially considering he has absolutely no run game and pass protection was average at best.

That 92 yard Touchdown pass to Lamb was an absolute dime.
He had a good night. The overthrow and the int were almost back breaking, but he did make it up on the last drive

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Dakota is so mediocre. Literally bottom half of the league for QBing. He is nothing special at all and cannot will a team to win with his arm or decision making. He's mentally slow and has very weird pocket awareness.

If this guy gets an extension that costs the cowboys market for top five QB's it's a wrap for the next five years. They aren't going to win a SB now much less with putting MORE money into an aging Prescott.

streetcredit

Reaction score
26-38 with a 9.1 ypa and a rating of 103 which would have been much higher if CD does not fumble through the endzone and scores there. Can't ask for much better. Dime down the seam to Ferguson that was dropped a well even though there was good defense there. He took a couple sacks but Hutchinson was truly a monster out there.
or much lower if that lion defender doesn't run by Dak on that 92 yard TD... that was the most pathetic attempt at a tackle, as bad as any Jaylon Smith.

blueblood70

Reaction score
awesome run game lol 18 carries 51 yards that 2.9 YPC no big pays no help Dak on the run from poor blocking had CD fumble and not fight for that ball on the INT but hey haters be hating just to pick out the bad stuff IN A WIN! trolls and haters wont let up.. daks been carrying this team without a lot of help outside CD etc fumbles at the goal line 2 weeks in row hurt his stats but hey hate on!!
Dak Prescott26/3834521

aikemirv

Reaction score
or much lower if that lion defender doesn't run by Dak on that 92 yard TD... that was the most pathetic attempt at a tackle, as bad as any Jaylon Smith.
Well maybe but he did stay upright which was his doing. CeeDee drop was not Dak's doing at all - Should have been a TD.

75boyz

Reaction score
I thought he regressed terribly back to old Dak vs. Buffalo and Miami with his accuracy.

He threw some dimes tonight.
Credit where credit is due.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dak had that pass to CeeDee that was behind him and CeeDee dropped it.

I bring this up because that type of thing has become a rarity for Dak. It the past, a lot of his throws were off by just a little. Dallas always used to be among the league leader in drops and many of the Int's were off of bounces as a result of throws that were just a little off. That's not a thing this year. A lot of the metrics show it. Drops are down. INT's down. YAC is up.

Most of Dak's passes last night were absolute dimes hitting guys right in stride. Several hit really tight windows.

I'm guessing that both Dak's supporters and detractors will disagree with me on this but to me Dak's pass accuracy is noticeably improved this year.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Any mid-tier quarterback could have done what Dak did last night replays showed our receivers sprinting wide open everywhere. Lamb is carrying the offense.

..and let's not forget what an incredibly stupid play basically throwing up a Hail Mary when we are trying to run out the clock that is on him as much as the coach he had the ball in his hands.

The guy still wets his pants when it comes down to the nitty gritty don't expect anything different in the playoffs

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not a card carrying Dak fan like I was in the past, but the man has been doing his part of late. Above and beyond in the Lions game. He barely had time to throw a lot of his passes, some of which were very accurate and much needed completions.

CWR

Reaction score
He had a good game overall, especially since this team can't run the ball to save their lives.

But it's the Dak and CeeDee show. That will only go so far if nothing else works.
Cooks complimented well, but it was under stated given how explosive CD was. Ferguson made a contribution but had a down game overall. Both those guys will help. I forgot Gallup was on the team.