Dak has a larger cap hit than Mahomes!

Proof

Reaction score
Mahomes took less so the chiefs can build around him. That contract will be a bargain. Reminds me of Tyron’s deal.
he didn't "take less" he signed the largest and most unique deal in league history.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
:facepalm: we find more stupid **** to be upset about every day. Mahomes Cap hit the year after is 60 million. It's almost like it was structured that way on purpose. Daks dead cap in 2025 is 21.8 mil and in 2026 it's 3.6 mil. It's almost like it was designed this way on purpose.

GINeric

Reaction score
A dude that got outplayed by Brock Purdy in the playoffs has a larger cap hit than already top 5 GOAT (and rising) QB Mahomes.

Well Purdy made it further in the playoffs than Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and many other quarterbacks that make more than he does, so what does this mean??

Is Purdy better than most of the quarterbacks with max dollar contracts??

USArmyVet

Reaction score
If we had a lesser QB we probably wouldn’t have two playoff wins over those seven seasons and may not have even made the playoffs. Some of you think it’s easy finding a generational QB. It’s not our fault KC struck gold with Mahomes. I’m convinced some of you would rather have a scrub at QB that was making peanuts even if it meant missing the playoffs every damn season. It’s become beyond tiring watching fans complain about Dak’s contract. Go build a team and sign a cheap QB and see if that makes you happy.
Current Day QB's w/2 playoff wins

Purdy
Hurts
Tannehill
Goff

Recent History QB's w/2 playoff wins

Romo
Pennington
Plummer
Garcia
Grossman
Stewart

QB's that nobody would consider as a generational talent yet have/had the same amount of playoff wins as Dak.

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak barely deserves half of what he's getting yet alone the full amount
Other than Mahomes, Burrow and maybe 3 other quarterbacks.... name the rest of the quarterbacks who are earning or justifying their max dollar contracts???

I'll wait.....

Hadenough

Reaction score
I’d be fine cutting Dak...I don't care about the cap hit, He is not taking us to the super bowl...
Sometimes to take a step forward you have to take a step back. Maybe let Dak go and roll with a cheap QB and you may get a good draft position or I would be fine with drafting a 1 st round QB even if it involves moving up in the top 5 by trading draft picks. It's the price you have to pay to take a risk on a top QB.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Will see what Micah thinks when he asks the Cowboys to pay him as the best defensive player in the NFL. I guarantee he is not taking a home town discount.
Nor should he. I don’t fault players for getting as much money as they can while they can. Their career can end in an instant. And an organization can cut them in an instant as well.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Current Day QB's w/2 playoff wins

Purdy
Hurts
Tannehill
Goff

Recent History QB's w/2 playoff wins

Romo
Pennington
Plummer
Garcia
Grossman
Stewart

QB's that nobody would consider as a generational talent yet have/had the same amount of playoff wins as Dak.
So it’s totally been our QBs fault? Romo had only two playoff wins in 10 seasons. The bottom line is the Cowboys haven’t had good enough teams. They wouldn’t even be able to contend with some of the QBs you listed.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It must stink going thru life not understanding anything?

Dak's contract can and will be reworked and he will count around 20 again this year.

Mahomes' contract cannot be reworked and he will count 50 mill.

Let me know if this is too much for you to get in one post.
Kinda wish a few people around here could make their point without being such condescending

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it’s totally been our QBs fault? Romo had only two playoff wins in 10 seasons. The bottom line is the Cowboys haven’t had good enough teams. They wouldn’t even be able to contend with some of the QBs you listed.
MAybe, maybe not. Hard to definitely make that claim don;t ya think? One or two (or so) better QB plays might have got us out of SF to the next game.