Dak has one of his best passing practices ever during 1st day of full pads T.C. 2022

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It seems as if everyone is in agreement that Dak is driving the ball better and placing it better. They're also impressed with Tyler Smith. This is a win-win, Dak possibly taking his game up a notch and the rookie showing why the team regarded him so highly.

Good day except for the Washington injury.
Here's the good health guys.

Well, he isnt hurt. So there is that.

GINeric

Reaction score
If Dak improves his accuracy this season it would really make me question how much the broken ankle, shoulder and calf messed with him last season.

But the looks of it is Dak is improving and throwing guys open which is very, very exciting for us.

Do you think it was just a coincidence that Dak was playing great up until he injured himself at the end of the Patriots game??

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If Dak improves his accuracy this season it would really make me question how much the broken ankle, shoulder and calf messed with him last season.

But the looks of it is Dak is improving and throwing guys open which is very, very exciting for us.

He has been doing that is whole career buddy. But yah, QB's do actually get better over time. At least the ones with the drive and work ethic of Dak Prescott.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Do you think it was just a coincidence that Dak was playing great up until he injured himself at the end of the Patriots game??

I guess you must have missed his first 5 seasons. Dak's injury didnt have as much to do with his play as the Oline and Zeke going in the toilet. Injuries to Lamb and Cooper.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well keep it up Dak. With our deep threats not ready for game one this is where it's at against TB. With Lamb, Schultz and even Pollard or Zeke our short range target list is still pretty stacked. :)

Lamb is out best deep threat buddy. Tolbert will get deep also.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I wasn't around during the Romo days, but I have a question.

Did people treat Romo the way the do Dak? Thinking he's better than he is and every year is gonna be the year he puts it together... blah blah blah?

Is so, are a lot of those posters still around or did they leave when Romo left?

GINeric

Reaction score
Those comments were made by a former NFL scout. Love him or hate him, he knows more about NFL evaluation then anyone in this forum.

Just saying!

Everytime scouts, players, coaches, GMs, etc collectively say the same good things about Dak.... you'll have 3 or 4 people here that will say something against what they said about Dak.

Then when you ask those same 3 or 4 people do they think that they know football better than those NFL professionals ive listed above, they NEVER answer that question. ALL of them run and hide from that question.....

Why do these people think they know more than highly paid NFL professionals??? I have yet to hear an explanation on this mysterious matter.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Did people treat Romo the way the do Dak? Thinking he's better than he is and every year is gonna be the year he puts it together... blah blah blah?

Is so, are a lot of those posters still around or did they leave when Romo left?

Romo gave this team a chance, we had seen what this team looked like after Aikman left, going through QB after QB. Romo gave them the chance. Dak gives this team a chance.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I believe we're going to see a healthy Dak & in his 2016 format again. Let's hope this Oline protects him & gives him room to run. Rumor has it, that's what MM wants to see more out of his quarterback this season.
Doesn't take much for you to get excited over, so pitch and catch is now Dak was throwing into super tight windows both short, mid and deep routes, plus Dak was throwing guys open. Lets hope it's half true when the season starts.
Myself, I'm very excited to see Dak progressing past his injuries. There is another thread about Camp w/plenty of video where Dak tossed some long passes right in the bread basket to Lamb, Washington, Brown, Schultz etc.... Sorry you didn't see them. Keep in mind. Dak is limited on tossing long ones per Jerry. I'm sure you would have complained if Dak had missed those tight windows both short. Practice is practice.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Romo gave this team a chance, we had seen what this team looked like after Aikman left, going through QB after QB. Romo gave them the chance. Dak gives this team a chance.
Romo came, went, and led this team to nothing.

So, no, there was never a real chance with him. It was all an illusion that you feel for just like you're doing now

I asked a question about how this board treated Romo while he was here and after he left. I didn't ask you to come in and defend another failure of a QB.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
This is great news. Last season he was recovering all offseason and has the opportunity to polish things this season. Anyone that doesn't understand (or want to ) the significance needs some Mary Poppins in their life.
:hammer::lmao2:

Reactions: G2

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo came, went, and led this team to nothing.

So, no, there was never a real chance with him. It was all an illusion that you feel for just like you're doing now

I asked a question about how this board treated Romo while he was here and after he left. I didn't ask you to come in and defend another failure of a QB.

So you only support a QB if he wins a SB? Crap on them the rest of the time? lol Have fun

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
So you only support a QB if he wins a SB? Crap on them the rest of the time? lol Have fun
Go Foles ----------> runs
I’m assuming it’s pappy you’re responding to. He brought up in another thread that Dak was paid with only one playoff win to his name. I brought up how Romo was paid with no playoff wins and I got crickets back. So there you go.
o_O
Romo & Dak are the ONLY QB's after Aikman (10 other Qb's) that won playoffs. Not even the great Bledsoe won any.

RS12

Reaction score

Romo was good TV, made the team watchable, but I never thought he would win anything. No play epitomized his career more than the botched hold in Seattle in his first playoff game. Another QB I didn't believe in.