Dak has one of his best passing practices ever during 1st day of full pads T.C. 2022

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So you only support a QB if he wins a SB? Crap on them the rest of the time? lol Have fun
QBs don't win or lose Super Bowls. Teams do.

QBs are supposed to be the leaders of the team, but they don't solely win or lose games on their own.

You notice I never said "Romo won this or lost that", right?

You have got to get past that elementary view of football.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
QBs don't win or lose Super Bowls. Teams do.

QBs are supposed to be the leaders of the team, but they don't solely win or lose games on their own.

You notice I never said "Romo won this or lost that", right?

You have got to get past that elementary view of football.

I understand teams win not QB. Romo gave this team a chance despite defensive play. I agree QB can only do so much and there is a lot outside of their control.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo's career is over.

It led to nothing for this team.

Those "chances" that you believe he gave us was an just illusion. There was never a real chance.

Yet QB can't win it right? He did nothing but it is not QB who wins or loses. You talk out of both sides of your mouth.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
That’s my stance as well. While it’s great to hear he’s improved in practice (insert Allen Iverson gif here) I want to see him make these same passes in game. When it matters. Which he has in the past. Now I want to see him do it for a full season.

That is the thing. The "hater" label was flung at anyone who pointed out any fault or area for improvement in his game. In fact, most critics have given and will be fine giving acknowledgement when he shows genuine improvement in a real game against quality opponents.

How many defenders have acknowledged how awful their analysis of his play in his early years was? Many wanted to call him the best QB in the league and some even the GOAT. 7 years in & "improvement" for an NFL QB is making tight window throws & throwing guys open. I mean, it kinda says it all about whose analysis was right to begin with.

817Gill

Reaction score
Lmaooo some posters cannot let one positive thread live it’s entertaining at this point.

Anything remotely happy and the same guys will come in and be all pissy about it. Gotta love CZ lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yet QB can't win it right? He did nothing but it is not QB who wins or loses. You talk out of both sides of your mouth.
Are you really this dense?

When did I say that?

A lot of players other than the QB position resulted in teams doing nothing.

We just happen to be talking about the QB position.

Come on now, please tell me you're just messing with me.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Lmaooo some posters cannot let one positive thread live it’s entertaining at this point.

Anything remotely happy and the same guys will come in and be all pissy about it. Gotta love CZ lol
Repeating all of the exact same talking points I presume? Groundhogs day, lol.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Are you really this dense?

When did I say that?

A lot of players player other than the QB position resulted in teams doing nothing.

We just happen to be talking about the QB position.

Come on now, please tell me you're just messing with me.

Romo gave them a chance, based off his play the prior QB looked like crap including Bledsoe, Vinny, Hutchinson, Henson and a host of others. Romo gave this team a fighting chance. Dak gives this team a fighting chance based on his play. You disagree fine but this constant pissing on any good news out of camp by you is really pathetic.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Romo gave them a chance, based off his play the prior QB looked like crap including Bledsoe, Vinny, Hutchinson, Henson and a host of others. Romo gave this team a fighting chance. Dak gives this team a fighting chance based on his play. You disagree fine but this constant pissing on any good news out of camp by you is really pathetic.
This constant talking up of players just because they have a star on their helmet is just as pathetic.

You do the same thing you accuse me of just in the opposite direction.

I believe that is called being hypocritical.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This constant talking up of players just because they have a star on their helmet is just as pathetic.

You do the same thing you accuse me of just in the opposite direction.

I believe that is called being hypocritical.

Pulling against them is even more pathetic.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Criticizing players does not mean you are against them.

You have got to evolve from that thinking, bud.

When it becomes relentless then yes it does. I understand any positive reports coming out of camp means nothing unless they take that play into the season. I'm sorry I'm not against Dak or any player, my hope is that they continue to work and improve. You offer up no constructive criticism any positives you crap on and any negative you jump on it. So yes I think when most see your post they take it as a hate that you have on Dak.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
When it becomes relentless then yes it does. I understand any positive reports coming out of camp means nothing unless they take that play into the season. I'm sorry I'm not against Dak or any player, my hope is that they continue to work and improve. You offer up no constructive criticism any positives you crap on and any negative you jump on it. So yes I think when most see your post they take it as a hate that you have on Dak.
That's fine. You can think what you want.

There is nothing about this particular roster right now that says it will be successful this season.

When you're wondering what's wrong when the season doesn't go how you think it will I will be sure to say "told ya so".

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's fine. You can think what you want.

There is nothing about this particular roster right now that says it will be successful this season.

When you're wondering what's wrong when the season doesn't go how you think it will I will be sure to say "told ya so".

I played sports long enough to know there are no sure things.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ummmmm, why don't they show the passes instead of those three talking heads discussing it. Might as well be radio. Might actually be better as radio.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I played sports long enough to know there are no sure things.
If you have played sports long enough to know there are no sure things then why does it make you so upset if someone doesn't think this is a great roster of players?

It seems to me that you're fine with people talking them up and predicting great things, but whenever people don't think that way you get all butthurt about it.

Are there sure things or not? It works both ways, ya know? Why aren't you telling the people predicting playoff runs, MVPs for Dak, DPOY's for Parsons that there are no sure things?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If you have played sports long enough to know there are no sure things then why does it make you so upset if someone doesn't think this is a great roster of players?

It seems to me that you're fine with people talking them up and predicting great things, but whenever people don't think that way you get all butthurt about it.

Are there sure things or not? It works both ways, ya know? Why aren't you telling the people predicting playoff runs, MVPs for Dak, DPOY's for Parsons that there are no sure things?

1st off I disagree that this is a poor roster. I think there are areas that need to improve and some we will go into the season as unknowns. lol, Dak MVP, if you can pull up any post that I have made that claim I would gladly like to see it. Never made this claim. Parson DPOY? Never said that but would not rule it out. Cowboys making it to the post season and doing something once they are there yes I expect that.

Frankly most of those things mean little to me. MVP or DPOY I want to see this team achieve and if getting an MVP or DPOY were to happen great but not as concerned with individual awards over team achievement

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
59825656.jpg

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
1st off I disagree that this is a poor roster. I think there are areas that need to improve and some we will go into the season as unknowns. lol, Dak MVP, if you can pull up any post that I have made that claim I would gladly like to see it. Never made this claim. Parson DPOY? Never said that but would not rule it out. Cowboys making it to the post season and doing something once they are there yes I expect that.

Frankly most of those things mean little to me. MVP or DPOY I want to see this team achieve and if getting an MVP or DPOY were to happen great but not as concerned with individual awards over team achievement
I never said YOU claimed those things.

I said why aren't you telling others that claim those things that "I played sports and there are no sure things"?

You only seem to say things to people that don't think this will be a great season for us.

You're just another homer that thinks if you say anything at all that could be perceived as "negative" that you are somehow less of a fan.