Dak has ruined this team

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have spelled it it out a half dozen times in two different threads.

There is no "answer" for the made up nonsense you posted.

Dak turned down 32 million then 35 million. Offers at or above the deals his contemporaries, Goff and Wentz accepted. Offers that would have made him between top five and top two highest paid QB's in the league. He played for less on the tag than he would have received had he taken the 35 million/ 100+ million guaranteed he rejected.

You go ahead and blame Jerry for not signing him 'earlier and cheaper' though....

My goodness...... You must be on Tad's payroll.
aha, sure. ok.... let your meaningless hate continue. go ahead with your badself.

geez. all the kids are on the loose on the internet with mommy out of house.

basel90

Reaction score
when was stafford available? Detroit had never made him available, until this past year when they went through rebuild. and do you seriously think Stafford would win a championship in Dallas? really? with the draft picks we would have given up, then it wouldn't be any Parsons. same crapppy defense. and Dallas would be Detroit south for Stafford.

you all play too much yahoo fantasy football. you have no clue how NFL works.

now, you want to make this all about Dak as if he is the only reason that Dallas is struggling, in the meantime the rest of the house is collapsing. what about all the years prior to Dak. perhaps he was born, and it was Karma for Dallas to be bad because of that.
I agree the team managed by Jerrry was not going to with a SB ,just look at the wasteful deals wtith dak and Dlaw etc,
let me simplify it for you in one point and one question :
1) if jerry really wanted stafford he would have traded for him . but he wanted to stick with dak , which is his call. Dak is a decent QB who was promising at times.
2) Do you believe Dak is more talented than Stafford ?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I agree the team managed by Jerrry was not going to with a SB ,just look at the wasteful deals wtith dak and Dlaw etc,
let me simplify it for you in one point and one question :
1) if jerry really wanted stafford he would have traded for him . but he wanted to stick with dak , which is his call. Dak is a decent QB who was promising at times.
2) Do you believe Dak is more talented than Stafford ?
you are making an assumption that at the time Stafford was going to be available. in 2017 Detroit was 9-7 and second in their division. in 2018 cowboys were negotiating with Dak on his contract. so why do you think Detroit is/was willing to trade stafford, their franchise QB at a reasonable price if they are 2nd in the division and perhaps ready to make/take the next step. in 2018. in 2018 they went 6-10, but much like cowboys, perhaps a few changes and they are ready for next step.

and I don't believe Dak is more talented than Stafford. so don't even try that angle as its meaningless to the argument. this is a moot argument dak haters often take, irrelevant to discussion, perhaps as a diversion.

and most importantly, giving up multiple draft picks to get Stafford, would have us not having CD, Parson and other players and most probably more and higher draft picks, given we wouldn't have Dak under contract and Detroit got Goff in return (a former #1 over all pick). so what would this team be without CD, Parsons, perhaps Diggs....it would be exactly what Detroit was....and Dallas would become Detroit South!!!!, with an aging QB and no draft picks and a team not ready to compete....also more importantly don't forget with had Garrett as head coach not McVay.

ya'll play too much fantasy football. this is not reality. its just a fantasy in your head.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Think about all that we’ve given up for this teams buy in with him

-cap hell for the next decade

-losing out on good players and free agents

-he’s about to get his second coach fired next year

-the 2016 decision to go with him over Romo leading to a first round exit

-squandering the best cowboys team in 20 years with another first round exit due to poor qb play

-cutting or trading players who don’t get along with Dak or we just can’t simply afford them anymore

Think about the following qb option we had the last 2 years

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Russell Wilson
4. Dashaun Watson
5. Matt Stafford

And Dak makes more money than all of them. I know this isn’t all predicated on Dak but it’s kind of hard not to feel that we’ve been cheated out of something since we signed him to this ridiculous deal

Get real dude you’re blaming everything on Dak? Lol Tom Brady wasn’t going to come to the Cowboys he picked his own team. Aaron Rodgers was never going to leave Green Bay to come and work with McCarthy in Dallas. They were butting heads. As for Russell Wilson he was 6-8 this past season. He had only one 300 yard game in 14 starts. Dak had a better season than him. There’s a reason Seattle traded him. They had no interest in paying him another big contract, plus he’s the most sacked QB in the league. Deshaun Watson was going through all kinds of legal problems no one was going to trade for him and still haven’t. Matt Stafford led the league in INTs. Despite 2 INTs in the super bowl his team won because they’re loaded and have a pass rush. Dak is the least of our problems. There isn’t a QB in the league that’s going to get the Cowboys over the hump. That position isn’t holding us back. It wasn’t holding us back when Romo was here. The problems all start and end with Jerry and Stephen Jones.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Yes Kyler had a terrible game against the rams ,but we all know that team won the super bowl and the cardinals had OL issues . How did Dak a fare at home in the playoffs against the 49ers . Or home agiast denver and others . Most NFL teams would take Kyler over Dak in a heartbeat . This is the reality of Dak’s limited abilities . Kyler can be lethal if protected . Dak is mediocre regardless .

Kyler had a QBR of 40 and Dak's was 69, both pretty much stunk to be honest. Kyler plays very well in the system that is made for his strength/weaknesses, put him in a pro style offense and he wouldn't fare as well.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Except "they" (grouped together) haven't been.

Anyone who has actually watched the games would know this.
I need to see what games ya'll that say "for those that actually watch the game" are watching.

Because this always seems to be a go time line for people that have a hard time seeing past the star on the helmet.

basel90

Reaction score
you are making an assumption that at the time Stafford was going to be available. in 2017 Detroit was 9-7 and second in their division. in 2018 cowboys were negotiating with Dak on his contract. so why do you think Detroit is/was willing to trade stafford, their franchise QB at a reasonable price if they are 2nd in the division and perhaps ready to make/take the next step. in 2018. in 2018 they went 6-10, but much like cowboys, perhaps a few changes and they are ready for next step.

and I don't believe Dak is more talented than Stafford. so don't even try that angle as its meaningless to the argument. this is a moot argument dak haters often take, irrelevant to discussion, perhaps as a diversion.

and most importantly, giving up multiple draft picks to get Stafford, would have us not having CD, Parson and other players and most probably more and higher draft picks, given we wouldn't have Dak under contract and Detroit got Goff in return (a former #1 over all pick). so what would this team be without CD, Parsons, perhaps Diggs....it would be exactly what Detroit was....and Dallas would become Detroit South!!!!, with an aging QB and no draft picks and a team not ready to compete....also more importantly don't forget with had Garrett as head coach not McVay.

ya'll play too much fantasy football. this is not reality. its just a fantasy in your head.
AM Glad you finally admitted Stafford is better than dak.

Regarding the timing of the trade , the stafford trade happend last year (2021) , not in 2017 or 2018 . The cowboys got conned by the dak contract last year as everyone knows . Stafford is going to cost the Rams only a meager $12.5 million base salary and a $10 million roster bonus in 2022. His cap hit will come in at $23 million ( which is still half of Dak !!!) , which would be one of the main reasons that the Rams even have a shot to re-sign players like Von Miller and Odell. Do you see the difference between what recommended 2 years ago and last year , and the situation we have with Dak's contract ?

basel90

Reaction score
Kyler had a QBR of 40 and Dak's was 69, both pretty much stunk to be honest. Kyler plays very well in the system that is made for his strength/weaknesses, put him in a pro style offense and he wouldn't fare as well.
most of the dak stats are empty calories, dinks and dunks to his buddy zeke and then desperaton heaves to one of the top wide receiver corps in the NFL , ( Cee Dee, Amari, Gallup , Wilson , Shcultz etc ). Kyler never had that abundance of receivers or OL around him. It is a very deceiving stat.
Bottom line, 9 out of 10 coaches and GMs will take Kyler over Dak . Book it.
Another note on Dak and his cost. We would have been better off with Stafford who is set to earn a $12.5 million base salary and a $10 million roster bonus in 2022. His cap hit will come in at $23 million, which would be one of the main reasons that the Rams even have a shot to re-sign players like Von Miller and Odell. We are dropping talent to keep Dak. It is not going to end well .

diamonddelts

Reaction score
This thread is completely and utterly stupid. And it shows how many members here do not understand how to run a business and know nothing about finance. You don't blame an employee for making a request as to what they would like to be paid.

It is up to the business owner who signs the checks on what they choose to pay said employee. If an employee's request seems out of line, you deny it. If a business owner makes a series of bad deals and overpays employees then it is the business owner's fault as the buck stops with he or she.

This crab in a bucket mentality which has been perpetuated by the salary cap(created by owners) gives you non financial minded people the idea that players somehow dictate what the owners are paying. And the false premise that players making high salary requests are taking money out of other players mouths.

You definitely do not understand labor negotiations. And to make things worse, many of the poorly educated NFL players don't either which is why their players union is hot garbage. The whole notion of a draft is absurd.

In a true free market, players should be able to choose where they work after college. Not be told. And they also should not be forced in to playing under idiotic rookie contracts. And by that same notion, owners are always free to tell any player no to any contact demand or pay increase request. That is what it means to work in a free market economy.

NFL contracts are archaic.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
most of the dak stats are empty calories, dinks and dunks to his buddy zeke and then desperaton heaves to one of the top wide receiver corps in the NFL , ( Cee Dee, Amari, Gallup , Wilson , Shcultz etc ). Kyler never had that abundance of receivers or OL around him. It is a very deceiving stat.
Bottom line, 9 out of 10 coaches and GMs will take Kyler over Dak . Book it.
Another note on Dak and his cost. We would have been better off with Stafford who is set to earn a $12.5 million base salary and a $10 million roster bonus in 2022. His cap hit will come in at $23 million, which would be one of the main reasons that the Rams even have a shot to re-sign players like Von Miller and Odell. We are dropping talent to keep Dak. It is not going to end well .

Well if anyone knows anything about "desperation heaves" it's Kyler Murray. Dude has a career TD/Interception ratio of 2-1 while Dak's is around 3-1. He is a system QB in the Pros just like he was at OU, like i said take away his legs and no one at all would mention his passing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
AM Glad you finally admitted Stafford is better than dak.

Regarding the timing of the trade , the stafford trade happend last year (2021) , not in 2017 or 2018 . The cowboys got conned by the dak contract last year as everyone knows . Stafford is going to cost the Rams only a meager $12.5 million base salary and a $10 million roster bonus in 2022. His cap hit will come in at $23 million ( which is still half of Dak !!!) , which would be one of the main reasons that the Rams even have a shot to re-sign players like Von Miller and Odell. Do you see the difference between what recommended 2 years ago and last year , and the situation we have with Dak's contract ?
finally admitted? you are amazing trying to claim victory....you Dak haters are often so desparate for any type of validation...often needy.

Stafford wasn't available two years ago, unless you can show me an article that speculated Stafford being available for a trade. and based on what it cost to get stafford for the rams, would probably cost us more in draft picks given Rams gave up two first, 3rd and #1 over all pick....so would you be ok not having parsons, diggs and CD on the team? come on this ain't yahoo fantasy football and you all insist on playing fantasy football because it makes your feel better.

and please stop with this cap hit stuff. You must be related to Stephen jones, as running a football team is not an accounting firm problem. as if we had 75M in cap space it would equal to a championship team..
Dak's cap hit in 2021 was $17M. who did we want to sign and didn't? his cap hit is much reduced this year.... so who do you want to sign that we can't? is Dak's contract the only reason we are having cap issues? why no mention of Lawrence and his $5M per sack contract. or Zeke and $10,000/yard contract.

and what does Stafford's salary have to do with Dak? when he was traded, Dak was under contract. second, what do you think Stafford's cap hit is going to be when it comes up next? Rodgers got 50M. Allen got 45M. and Stafford signed his deal way back when and at the time it was one of the highest in the league.

and with three simple moves we went from $25M over the cap to having 20M in cap space and there is more we can do to create more cap space.

I don't get the fascination with cap numbers....and so you must have been giddy with dak when he played 4 years under his $2M rookie contract. where you here throwing accolades his way? I can't recall.

plymkr

Reaction score
Well...not sure about blaming Dak for ruining this team. We could probably blamed whoever benched Romo. There's a few reasons to disagree with me about that...we'll just have to disagree then. Nothing changes anybody's mind at this point.

Regarding Dak.....NFL Network just replayed 2021 Bucs/Cowboys game. I was amazed at the difference in the way Brady delivered the ball and the way Dak did. In what has been though as Dak's best game of the year.

Brady typically delivered the ball to the receiver in stride, in front with the receiver's momentum. Maximum yield.

Dak typically delivered the ball so the receiver had to stop, slow, or reach down or behind. I tried to let go of my immense, consuming Dak hatred and view objectively....but it's something I couldn't help but notice time after time.

Yes...they ended up being completed passes...he had good stats....but I believe that "lack" of accuracy hurts our game.

Some people say it's unfair to compare to the GOAT. That's how I roll.
You're kind of on to something here. A couple days ago another poster posted a video breaking down Dak's throwing motion. It was a ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** video, I highly recommend that channel. But anyway during the video Law showed the difference between Dak and Aaron Rodgers. It showed how Aaron saw the defense was covering Adams and started throwing back shoulder throws. Aaron adjusted his throws to beat the defense. While the video was playing ****NOT-AN-OFFICIAL-SOURCE*** said "Dak hasn't learned the back shoulder throw yet". Why not? He's been in the league 6 years. Is this coaching or is this a talent issue? But if you watch Dak usually the receiver has to break stride, jump, bend over, etc to make the catch. It was really bad the last 9 games.

To say Dak ruined the franchise isn't fair. That title belongs to Jerry and only Jerry. But Dak is definitely not the answer. When I take my emotions out of it. My biggest concerns with Dak are his accuracy and his ability to read defenses quickly and get the ball out. I don't blame Dak for his contract. That's on Jerry. Jerry can't build a playoff winning team. What Dak needs to work on his reading defenses and accuracy.

basel90

Reaction score
Well if anyone knows anything about "desperation heaves" it's Kyler Murray. Dude has a career TD/Interception ratio of 2-1 while Dak's is around 3-1. He is a system QB in the Pros just like he was at OU, like i said take away his legs and no one at all would mention his passing.
So bottom line you think Dak is better than Kyler ?
I wish dak had the same success as system or any other QB at OU or at Dallas. Dak does not have such resume .
By the way Kyler's arm is stronger than Dak . You seem to think scrambling and legs are a low factor efficiency factor. It is not,.

basel90

Reaction score
finally admitted? you are amazing trying to claim victory....you Dak haters are often so desparate for any type of validation...often needy.

Stafford wasn't available two years ago, unless you can show me an article that speculated Stafford being available for a trade. and based on what it cost to get stafford for the rams, would probably cost us more in draft picks given Rams gave up two first, 3rd and #1 over all pick....so would you be ok not having parsons, diggs and CD on the team? come on this ain't yahoo fantasy football and you all insist on playing fantasy football because it makes your feel better.

and please stop with this cap hit stuff. You must be related to Stephen jones, as running a football team is not an accounting firm problem. as if we had 75M in cap space it would equal to a championship team..
Dak's cap hit in 2021 was $17M. who did we want to sign and didn't? his cap hit is much reduced this year.... so who do you want to sign that we can't? is Dak's contract the only reason we are having cap issues? why no mention of Lawrence and his $5M per sack contract. or Zeke and $10,000/yard contract.

and what does Stafford's salary have to do with Dak? when he was traded, Dak was under contract. second, what do you think Stafford's cap hit is going to be when it comes up next? Rodgers got 50M. Allen got 45M. and Stafford signed his deal way back when and at the time it was one of the highest in the league.

and with three simple moves we went from $25M over the cap to having 20M in cap space and there is more we can do to create more cap space.

I don't get the fascination with cap numbers....and so you must have been giddy with dak when he played 4 years under his $2M rookie contract. where you here throwing accolades his way? I can't recall.
The cap numbers are important. I know you have discounted them for so long claiming there is no one for the cowboys to acquirer out there. Well, guess who did some acquisitions and won the super bowl .
Stafford was keen on dallas as an option but dallas never wavered on dak for some blind ego reason. The result is the rams have a ring and we are hanging on the dak hope you !!
And yes i agree , dak is not the biggest FO mistake,. zeke, Dlaw, amari and others are much bigger mistakes than dak. But i guarantee you, if jerry had engaged stafford ( a dallas native) and let dak walk , we would be in a much better shape.

You keep saying cap is not an issue: well we are losing talent like amari and soon others due to the cap. Be realistic ,and admit the predicament of Dak's contract besides the other misrakes.