Dak has ruined this team

nobody

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a new Dak excuse................. It's Jerry's Fault :muttley:

I'm not excusing Dak's poor playing the back half of the last season. Nor have I excused his terrible play in the playoffs last season.

I was against his contract. However, nobody put a gun to Jerry's head. The Cowboys idiocy extended into the past far longer than Dak has been in the NFL. What's the common denominator with their failure? Jerry.

Nice try though. The Cowboys primary problem is Jerry, his management, undercutting of coach authority, the culture he promotes, the way he part time GM's, and several other things linked directly to Jerry and Stephen.

It was there before Dak. It'll be there after Dak.

Do I think Dak is some sort of savior? No. He's a good QB that is paid like he is elite. He's not elite. Did his greed hurt the team? Yes. Was the team forced into it? No. How about stop the vendetta against Dak for a few minutes and take a long look at the real problem? It's not all about Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Strange how they got rid of Cooper and Collins who are both much needed by Dak.
No more doubles on Cooper and Collins is his best bud on the offline.
Is this a pattern or indication that even Jerry and Son have snapped out of it and realize Dak is not the one?
Wonder where Jimmy G or Mayfield are going to end up?
collins is better than Martin...and didn't steele play better than Collins last year. at least he didn't tackle his QB and sack him in a playoff game, or should I post the pic?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When Dak holds the ball too long and won't throw it or doesn't know where to go with the ball like he did in the 49ers game it is his fault. We've seen that as a common theme with him over the years. It's time to get some pedigree in here because that's the only chance this team has to win. Great QBs usually show it in the first few years. Dak has only shown he is a front runner.
ok, on this very thread we have people arguing he throws the ball too soon. now we have people saying he holds the ball too long. so which is it. too long? or too quick?

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
collins is better than Martin...and didn't steele play better than Collins last year. at least he didn't tackle his QB and sack him in a playoff game, or should I post the pic?
Steele didn’t play better than LC last season.They both had 8 penalties and gave up 2 sacks.
PFF: LC 82
TS. 64.5
I know Pff isn’t be all end all rating system, but that’s a pretty substantial difference in grade.The biggest difference is run blocking, where Lael grades at an elite level at 90.The eye test also shows LC to be superior to TS.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Think about all that we’ve given up for this teams buy in with him

-cap hell for the next decade

-losing out on good players and free agents

-he’s about to get his second coach fired next year

-the 2016 decision to go with him over Romo leading to a first round exit

-squandering the best cowboys team in 20 years with another first round exit due to poor qb play

-cutting or trading players who don’t get along with Dak or we just can’t simply afford them anymore

Think about the following qb option we had the last 2 years

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Russell Wilson
4. Dashaun Watson
5. Matt Stafford

And Dak makes more money than all of them. I know this isn’t all predicated on Dak but it’s kind of hard not to feel that we’ve been cheated out of something since we signed him to this ridiculous deal

Dak did not ruin the team, this exaggeration ridiculous I did not see Romo go any further than Dak has through out his career and you give him a pass? As for money Dak is not even the highest paid QB in the NFL and while it is a lot of money it is also the market rate, you don't have to like it but it is what it is.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score

Brax

Reaction score
so the logic here is quite...amusing....so Jones knowing Dak couldn't do things as a QB gave hima 40M contract, knowing he has to pay so many others to keep him good.

do you even read your own posts or it just comes out like that?
Jerry wasn't passing on Dak and he like others believed Dak needed top level help, that's why the others were paid first. Dak was staying this was the Jerry team building plan and reason the D takes up so little $$ is Jerry believes offense wins. Dak is what Jerry has looked for for 20 odd years a QB he can say he drafted and yes Jerry knows Dak's weaknesses thats why he did what he did with the others he really believed he had a SB contender imho. Dak is here for years to come good bad or indifferent and that will not change.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Don't blame Dak, blame the stupid GM that gave him that albatross of a contract.

Same with the Ewok that can run more than 5 yards without tapping out, it was our genius GM that game him a 2nd contract.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Steele didn’t play better than LC last season.They both had 8 penalties and gave up 2 sacks.
PFF: LC 82
TS. 64.5
I know Pff isn’t be all end all rating system, but that’s a pretty substantial difference in grade.The biggest difference is run blocking, where Lael grades at an elite level at 90.The eye test also shows LC to be superior to TS.
so both were about the same. one cost over 10M per year and the other a rookie contract. one tried to bribe someone to lie about his test results, the other worked his arse off to get better. cowboys did try to trade, but given our FO is inept and signaled they would be cutting him if not trade partners, no one bit and he got released.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
so both were about the same. one cost over 10M per year and the other a rookie contract. one tried to bribe someone to lie about his test results, the other worked his arse off to get better. cowboys did try to trade, but given our FO is inept and signaled they would be cutting him if not trade partners, no one bit and he got released.
No question he’s a knucklehead.But, very talented.Hopefully TS continues to improve.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He obviously holds the ball too long and takes bad sacks because he doesn’t see the field.Along w/ Goff is the worst in the NFL at doing so.
https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/are-nfl-quarterbacks-responsible-for-sack-quality/amp
ok, but my point was on this very thread, people say he throws to quickly. now you say he holds on too long.

Dak's average time to throw was 2.4
Wilson was 2.4
Cousins 2.4
Brady 2.3
Rodgers 2.3

so you disagree with all the others who say he throws too quickly?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Jerry wasn't passing on Dak and he like others believed Dak needed top level help, that's why the others were paid first. Dak was staying this was the Jerry team building plan and reason the D takes up so little $$ is Jerry believes offense wins. Dak is what Jerry has looked for for 20 odd years a QB he can say he drafted and yes Jerry knows Dak's weaknesses thats why he did what he did with the others he really believed he had a SB contender imho. Dak is here for years to come good bad or indifferent and that will not change.
this response was a soup, mashed up soup of bunch of none sense you tried to put together, because you had no other response.
you were trying to blame Dak, but kind of pointed fingers at Jones, albeit relutctantly trying to excuse him, but made sure you said dak sucks (we get that).

but I think you are trying to say, Jones is at fault, but not really, because its Dak's fault because Jones had no choice...which if this is what you tried to say, still makes no sense.

but this very thread said, there were other options. why weren't those options explored?

so Dak sucks. we get it. but who is responsible for putting this team together? who is responsible for signing players? who is responsible for handing a contract to Jones?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Amazing how we're all not pleased with how free agency has gone but someone thought it was ok to blame Dak.
keep in mind Ukraine war is Dak's fault. if it wasn't because of his greedy over the top demand for the contract he got, the war would never happen....you know, the butterfly effect

basel90

Reaction score
Wouldn't make a difference. Romo was every bit as good as Stafford or better. Jerry insists on building through the draft exclusively. Cowboys would need a QB like Rodgers, Peyton Manning, or Brady to make up for the lack of impact players.
possibly true. it is a systemic problem with the talent acquisition and strategy. but stafford or an elite QB could have at least go the cowboys to the CCG , and given the cowboys a chance. Heck , joe borrow took the bengals to 5 minutes from winning it all . The cowboys had more parts than the bengals. dak could not do it,.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
ok, but my point was on this very thread, people say he throws to quickly. now you say he holds on too long.

Dak's average time to throw was 2.4
Wilson was 2.4
Cousins 2.4
Brady 2.3
Rodgers 2.3

so you disagree with all the others who say he throws too quickly?
Yes and no.He likes to release quickly to 1st option if open to avoid having to scan the field and go thru progressions as that is a weakness in his game.Very slow thru progressions.If that 1st option isn’t open and has to scan the field, he often holds the ball too long because he doesn’t see the field well.Instead of actually seeing open wr’s or even throwing it away, he’ll take some really bad sacks as proved by a previous post.