Twitter: Dak has taken a step back in his return

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I am with you...I support the team. I believe Dak gives us the best chance to succeed as I have yet to hear any one of these guys provide any other alternative that would logically be better.
I also believe Dak gives us the best chance to succeed with the QBs available available as realistic options.

I don't believe that requires me or anyone else to believe he is better than he is just because there are no alternatives to him.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

This tweet is not accurate. Mike said the Cowboys have taken a step back with their approach on Dak (i.e. being more conservative), NOT that Dak has taken a step back.
taken a step back is in quotations but who said it. The way the tweet is set up people will assume McCarthy said it but that is not clear. The tweeter could have just heard another journalist say it.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, Papsmear :lmao:, once before, you used to have 8-10 posters like your comments. Now, you're down to 2-3 likes. :facepalm::muttley:

Soon you will be an afterthought! :laugh::flagwave:
tenor.gif

Sept is just around the Dak corner.....better take your Dak vitamins :muttley:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
you are reaching gain and rationalizing the enormous contract for a grossly overpaid player . You can twist and cherry pick numbers to support your weak defense , by saying this year the cap hit is only 22 mil etc etc. Forgetting that the deal is 160+ over 4 years. Your biggest problem is that on field , dak has not yet proven anything other than that he is a serviceable QB and considered a top 10-15 QB . Just look at what top QBs who earn such money actually have on their resumes ( Superbowls. CCG wins etc etc) . Some QBs actually have Superbowls for less than half what dak's salary . Latest example is brady and foles etc etc
reaching? rationalizing? FACTS cap hit for Dak in 2021 is 22M, cap is 182....its not cherry picking...more like you cherry picked and got caught in a total made up lie about percentage of cap hit..

and what about cap in 2022? 2023? 2024? doesn't that matter? yeah, I don't expect you to be able to think and rationalize past 1 item at a time. too complicated for you.

and given you got embarrassed and your got arse handed to you on your pre-k math, you are now trying oh so desperately to change the narrative and say hey forget the contract numbers that I screwed up...and argue about where he ranks.

dude you should quit while you are behind...you were WRONG about cap%. there is no other way of spinning it

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I also believe Dak gives us the best chance to succeed with the QBs available available as realistic options.

I don't believe that requires me or anyone else to believe he is better than he is just because there are no alternatives to him.
ranking isn't what I asked nor stated....its not a comparison one QB to the other. that's for the pundits to argue...but he gives us the best chance to succeed and that's all I care about.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

He does give the Cowboys the best chance now. But like Coach JJ said, once you get a major injury like Dak is going through, you over compensate on other parts of your body, and it seems that may be the case with his back. Now when he starts throwing again he might over compensate a different part of his body because of his back problem. And to top if off, he has not taken a hit in practice so far and who knows if he will play preseason. And also what Coach JJ said, once you get a major injury it's going to be in Dak's mind in the first game he plays.

Sometimes the mental aspect plays a big part and what concerns me is that now he cannot throw. Left foot, right shoulder. Who knows what the other side of his body is going through? He is out there running around and butt slapping...but something is not right.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He does give the Cowboys the best chance now. But like Coach JJ said, once you get a major injury like Dak is going through, you over compensate on other parts of your body, and it seems that may be the case with his back. Now when he starts throwing again he might over compensate a different part of his body because of his back problem. And to top if off, he has not taken a hit in practice so far and who knows if he will play preseason. And also what Coach JJ said, once you get a major injury it's going to be in Dak's mind in the first game he plays.

Sometimes the mental aspect plays a big part and what concerns me is that now he cannot throw. Left foot, right shoulder. Who knows what the other side of his body is going through? He is out there running around and butt slapping...but something is not right.
His back? It’s his arm?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I thought they didn't find anything on the MRI,they should be honest with the fans and say what the exact injury is with his shoulder.

I agree and I think they are scared to death that his ankle injury has affected his base and altered (even slightly) his throwing motion which has affected his shoulder. This has happened to countless baseball pitchers.