Twitter: Dak has taken a step back in his return

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Some initial reports last week said he would be out two weeks.

The day it happened I remember reading "Prescott likely to miss two to three weeks", so this is not news. I have no idea why McCarthy said two to three days, unless he meant to say weeks.

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
If you have xm radio - you can goto the Schein in sports section of the APP and listen to his interview today.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I cannot post a link to the website I read this on (forum rules), but to paraphrase: Dak has a strain to the latissimus muscle, which attaches the upper arm bone to the spine. Mild strains to this muscle usually need a couple weeks to heal".

So this is nothing new.

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
It boggle my mind that some people want Dak to fail. Like, why? Even if you don't like him, you can hate the fact that he got paid, but if you are TRULY a DC fan then you should want him to succeed just for the sake of the team. Unfortunately a lot of so called "fans" on here would much rather be proven right than to see the team succeed.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I cannot post a link to the website I read this on (forum rules), but to paraphrase: Dak has a strain to the latissimus muscle, which attaches the upper arm bone to the spine. Mild strains to this muscle usually need a couple weeks to heal".

So this is nothing new.
I saw that same thing in the original article, so I googled it.

How long does it take for latissimus strain to heal?
Recovery time varies depending on the strain, with Grade 1 strains typically requiring 2-3 weeks and Grade 2 strains usually taking at least a month. Grade 3 strains often require surgery, however, and can come with considerably longer recovery periods.

Did they mention what grade strain in the meantime?

DustyRhodes

Reaction score
McCarthy said if this were the regular season - Dak plays no question.

Right now they just want to be smart about it and not let it become a bigger issue.

McCarthy likes Cooper and Garret .

I’d look at Foles

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not how I read it.

Bet ya a beer his arm's in a sling.
We have no idea how this will turn out. Strained shoulder is never good. This is an issue no doubt. It’s already affecting the readiness of the offense for the first week.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I saw that same thing in the original article, so I googled it.

How long does it take for latissimus strain to heal?
Recovery time varies depending on the strain, with Grade 1 strains typically requiring 2-3 weeks and Grade 2 strains usually taking at least a month. Grade 3 strains often require surgery, however, and can come with considerably longer recovery periods.

Did they mention what grade strain in the meantime?

They did not mention any grade, just that a mild strain takes a couple weeks. So they are assuming it's not a major one. Even if Dak's is a grade two, it was late July when it happened so his week one status is still looking good.