Dak has the most games with over 400 yrds since 2016

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Let’s see .. we had the #1 offense and worst defense in those games. Who are rational analysts going to hold more accountable? Lol

Let’s see … Offense scored 3 points in second half of opener against LA. I believe Gallup (?) dropped a TD pass and team settled for FG. Not sure. Gallup called for offensive PI negating a long pass. Defense held tight. Offense lost the game.

Let’s talk Atlanta, shall we? Offense with 4 straight TOs in 2nd quarter. Offense gifted Atlanta 21-24 points. That game should never have been close in the first place. Atlanta defense was a pile of stinking trash.

Let’s talk Seattle, shall we? 15-16 Score minutes before half. An INT before the half and a fumble to open the second half gifted Seattle 14 points. 15-30 Score with defense in a jam.

Let’s talk Cleveland, shall we? Offense had a turnover and scoring drought (4 or 5 drives in a row) with defense going against a potent offense with a strong running game. Clev defense was pedestrian.

The offense did not help the defense the first 4 games. The offense got Blake Bortles garbage time yards and points but did more harm than good. Team should have been 4-0 if the offense showed up early and didn’t turn the ball over and kill drives.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is it possible that you’re a Dak troll if you attach 666 to his name. Or do you think he’s the Devil.

What's the message here Cowboyszone?

666 would appear to be introducing religious intentions which are against the rules.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak has had issues with fumbles/ints since entering the league. He needs to continue to clean it up. I think he will, because he's a damn good qb. Wanting improvement isn't blasphemous, so calm down.

You talk about Zeke and the defense as if I'm arguing about either one. Stay on topic.

Dak has had fumbles like any other QB. No more, no less. I dont see it as an issue or ever thought of it as an issue.

Interceptions is just a laughable joke to pretend that Dak has issues. You must not watch any other QB's and think Dak is the ONLY one that does it. There are things like TD/IN ratios you can easily look up or you can look up #s of picks for QB's each year and compare them to other QB's. There is no way, with a little research you should be this off on reality.

Do you have some kind of stat showing that Dak over his career fumbles more than average?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
agreed his pocket presence isnt the best but i think its gotten better. the line shares some blame but again dak can hold the ball too long at times. Its not as bad as 2017 &18 pre cooper but he still has room to improve

Dak had an issue in 2017 and maybe 2018 as the Oline started going south in stepping up in the pocket and avoiding the edge rushers. He has gotten much better at that as he has matured. I would like to see him know better when to take off up the middle when things break down. Other than that, Dak's pocket presence has vastly improved.

starfan1

Reaction score
Dak had an issue in 2017 and maybe 2018 as the Oline started going south in stepping up in the pocket and avoiding the edge rushers. He has gotten much better at that as he has matured. I would like to see him know better when to take off up the middle when things break down. Other than that, Dak's pocket presence has vastly improved.
I agree with you.Dak could throw the ball away at times instead of taking a sack. take for example the Cleveland game last year the first Garrett sack could have been thrown away. Now the sack fumble i think was a great play made by a great player making our second and third stringers look stupid. For the life of me why the coaching staff wasn't using TE and RB to help out more is beyond me. Steele was so exposed that game and knight as well. anyway if you look at some of daks sacks they could be avoided but Im with you the improvement is there

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dak has had fumbles like any other QB. No more, no less. I dont see it as an issue or ever thought of it as an issue.

Interceptions is just a laughable joke to pretend that Dak has issues. You must not watch any other QB's and think Dak is the ONLY one that does it. There are things like TD/IN ratios you can easily look up or you can look up #s of picks for QB's each year and compare them to other QB's. There is no way, with a little research you should be this off on reality.

Do you have some kind of stat showing that Dak over his career fumbles more than average?
Just for information purposes, since 2016 Dak has had 34 fumbles. Just keep in mind that this doesn't account for games played and I only included the top 25. Feel free to use the raw numbers as you see fit.

Rank / Name/ Total Fumbles since 2016
1 Carson Wentz 59
2 Kirk Cousins 51
3 Russell Wilson 48
4 Jameis Winston 44
5 Jared Goff 44
6 Derek Carr 43
7 Lamar Jackson 36
8 Matt Ryan 36
9 Josh Allen 35
10 Dak Prescott 34
11 Deshaun Watson 31
12 Blake Bortles 29
13 Daniel Jones 29
14 Eli Manning 29
15 Ryan Tannehill 28
16 Tom Brady 28
17 Matthew Stafford 27
18 Philip Rivers 27
19 Cam Newton 26
20 Aaron Rodgers 25
21 Drew Brees 25
22 Ben Roethlisberger 24
23 Patrick Mahomes 24
24 Ryan Fitzpatrick 24
25 Andy Dalton 23​

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Just for information purposes, since 2016 Dak has had 34 fumbles. Just keep in mind that this doesn't account for games played and I only included the top 25. Feel free to use the raw numbers as you see fit.

1 Carson Wentz 59
2 Kirk Cousins 51
3 Russell Wilson 48
4 Jameis Winston 44
5 Jared Goff 44
6 Derek Carr 43
7 Lamar Jackson 36
8 Matt Ryan 36
9 Josh Allen 35
10 Dak Prescott 34
11 Deshaun Watson 31
12 Blake Bortles 29
13 Daniel Jones 29
14 Eli Manning 29
15 Ryan Tannehill 28
16 Tom Brady 28
17 Matthew Stafford 27
18 Philip Rivers 27
19 Cam Newton 26
20 Aaron Rodgers 25
21 Drew Brees 25
22 Ben Roethlisberger 24
23 Patrick Mahomes 24
24 Ryan Fitzpatrick 24
25 Andy Dalton 23​
And if anyone wants total RB fumbles here they are. Included top 27 on this list because players were tied with 6 fumbles each.

Rank Name fumbles
1 Ezekiel Elliott 20
2 Tarik Cohen 13
3 Dalvin Cook 12
4 Jalen Richard 11
5 Chris Carson 10
6 David Johnson 10
7 Derrick Henry 10
8 Adrian Peterson 9
9 Carlos Hyde 9
10 LeSean McCoy 9
11 Jay Ajayi 8
12 Melvin Gordon III 8
13 Aaron Jones 7
14 Alex Collins 7
15 Chris Ivory 7
16 Devonta Freeman 7
17 Duke Johnson Jr. 7
18 Kenjon Barner 7
19 Kenyan Drake 7
20 Le'Veon Bell 7
21 Todd Gurley 7
22 Boston Scott 6
23 Devontae Booker 6
24 Dion Lewis 6
25 James Conner 6
26 Jonathan Stewart 6
27 Mark Ingram 6

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree with you.Dak could throw the ball away at times instead of taking a sack. take for example the Cleveland game last year the first Garrett sack could have been thrown away. Now the sack fumble i think was a great play made by a great player making our second and third stringers look stupid. For the life of me why the coaching staff wasn't using TE and RB to help out more is beyond me. Steele was so exposed that game and knight as well. anyway if you look at some of daks sacks they could be avoided but Im with you the improvement is there

I can agree on that one. He could just throw it away more. Brady is the best at that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

1 Carson Wentz 59
2 Kirk Cousins 51
3 Russell Wilson 48
4 Jameis Winston 44
5 Jared Goff 44
6 Derek Carr 43
7 Lamar Jackson 36
8 Matt Ryan 36
9 Josh Allen 35
10 Dak Prescott 34
11 Deshaun Watson 31
12 Blake Bortles 29
13 Daniel Jones 29
14 Eli Manning 29
15 Ryan Tannehill 28
16 Tom Brady 28
17 Matthew Stafford 27
18 Philip Rivers 27
19 Cam Newton 26
20 Aaron Rodgers 25
21 Drew Brees 25
22 Ben Roethlisberger 24
23 Patrick Mahomes 24
24 Ryan Fitzpatrick 24
25 Andy Dalton 23​

Great information there. Thank you. If you look ONLY at guys with around the same games as Dak he would be middle of the pack.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right

Theres certainly some data and performance to critic on Dak but there’s a long laundry list on this roster, staff and front office .

I’d argue Dak is not at the top of the list .
The problem is you spending SO much time on a very few who do.

I actually don't think there's that many who do. So few it's not even worth it. (Everyone says oh but what about pappy?" Please...he's just having fun with you all. Mostly. :rolleyes:). I think you and MC aren't that far apart, just some word games and semantics....PRESENTATION. I don't see MC wanting Dak gone, if so I missed it.

Dak has earned the same criticism zeke gets. That big contract. Now you gotta WIN. Or take the heat, regardless of fault. Plus...so many says he's the LEADER. It can't be just about attitude and cheerLEADING. You've got to go out there and will the team to wins. Big important wins. Yes even the defense can respond to QB leadership.

Which games has Dak done that? Asking honestly.

I happen to think our coaching has had a lot to do with problems. Health. Defensive draft busts. Those are my top 3.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't agree, the Cowboys fan tent should cover everybody. Besides, obviously no team wins the SB every year, the validity of that view is obviously unreasonable. None of us need to "dismiss" it...

I think people just want to competently compete. We've often look incompetent.

leeblair

Reaction score
That’s because the team sucks and is always playing from behind.
That's because Dak can't get the team moving unless the defense lets up after they get a big lead.
Dak chokes and leaves the Cowboys defense to play by itself, and can only move the ball after the game is lost.

J12B

Reaction score
dig further ,

curios on how many of those lead to wins..in my NFL memory , i believe most qbs with very high yardage typically was in losing efforts, not all but betting hogh% of them were losses..

I could be wrong but we dont need 400, we need efficient games with more scoring and scoring early and play with leads..this leads to more balance

So Dak throwing for 400 yards game is the problem and not having a terrible defense.

Yeah that makes sense.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's because Dak can't get the team moving unless the defense lets up after they get a big lead.
Dak chokes and leaves the Cowboys defense to play by itself, and can only move the ball after the game is lost.
:muttley: You are clueless aren’t you :muttley:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let’s see … Offense scored 3 points in second half of opener against LA. I believe Gallup (?) dropped a TD pass and team settled for FG. Not sure. Gallup called for offensive PI negating a long pass. Defense held tight. Offense lost the game.

Let’s talk Atlanta, shall we? Offense with 4 straight TOs in 2nd quarter. Offense gifted Atlanta 21-24 points. That game should never have been close in the first place. Atlanta defense was a pile of stinking trash.

Let’s talk Seattle, shall we? 15-16 Score minutes before half. An INT before the half and a fumble to open the second half gifted Seattle 14 points. 15-30 Score with defense in a jam.

Let’s talk Cleveland, shall we? Offense had a turnover and scoring drought (4 or 5 drives in a row) with defense going against a potent offense with a strong running game. Clev defense was pedestrian.

The offense did not help the defense the first 4 games. The offense got Blake Bortles garbage time yards and points but did more harm than good. Team should have been 4-0 if the offense showed up early and didn’t turn the ball over and kill drives.
Haters gonna hate no matter what the truth is.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What would we consider average though? That is the question.

That's where it becomes tricky, because we had the #1 offense and a top 12 defense in rushing, passing, and points allowed per game in 2019 and STILL went 8-8.
Look at the last half of that season junior :facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Very few of you read the OP. You didn’t. No one said having that many 400 yard passing games leads to wins At least I sure didn’t in the OP. What it does prove is that the overall team sucks. Having to throw that many yard means you’re behind,,,,,,a lot. Another thing it proves is that Dak can sling the ball. You don’t have the stats he has not being able to throw the ball at a very high level. I know everyone of your posts is hating on Dak and that is really a testament to your character and intelligence.