Dak has the most games with over 400 yrds since 2016

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree again if you are throwing that much chances are your defense is not doing anything to stop your opponent and you are forced to play from behind. I think for some all these Dak post are just a means to attack a player. I'm interested in winning and I know for this team or any team to win it will take an entire team effort on both sides of the ball.
Right

Our QB position isn’t our weakest link. That doesn’t mean he isn’t over paid , over hyped, etc

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Right

Our QB position isn’t our weakest link. That doesn’t mean he isn’t over paid , over hyped, etc

I think all QB's are over paid, I hate the business side of the NFL, no player is worth 50 mill a year. Hell we saw with Mahomes, he loses 1 OT vs Tampa and they beat the crap out of him and the Chiefs 31 to 9. Tampa defense is good but KC made them look like the 85 Bears. Fact is no matter how much you pay Mahomes or another QB he has to have protection and the play of those around him makes the difference in how he performs, it is not a 1 man show. Football never has been.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Id have to agree on the most part.

Our OL is already showing major signs of deteriorating along with injuries. And in Cap era you simply can’t pay top money to all key positions at the same time in QB, RB and WR.

None of which equates to prolonged success. Our best hope now is our OL stays healthy, our key offensive cap heavy stars perform at a high level and our defensive draft picks develop quickly. Which I wouldn’t bet it all comes together.

Unfortunately this offensive heavy juggernaut will keep us relative generating revenue and interest for our frikin owner.

Looking at the predicted Cowboys o-line for the 2021 season, you can see ages at the start of the regular season:

LT Tyron Smith 30 years old

LG Connor Williams 24 years old

C Tyler Biadasz 23 years old

RG Zack Martin 30 years old

RT La'el Collins 28 years old

While you have a couple of younger guys, they have yet to show much but it's the 3 primary guys who are the spotlight as all 3 of them are coming off of injuries that ended their 2020 seasons.

While there are certainly examples of offensive linemen playing well into their mid-30's, statistically speaking a decline begins between the age of 29-32 for most offensive linemen and given the injury history, there is cause for concern for the Dallas offensive line.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Looking at the predicted Cowboys o-line for the 2021 season, you can see ages at the start of the regular season:

LT Tyron Smith 30 years old

LG Connor Williams 24 years old

C Tyler Biadasz 23 years old

RG Zack Martin 30 years old

RT La'el Collins 28 years old

While you have a couple of younger guys, they have yet to show much but it's the 3 primary guys who are the spotlight as all 3 of them are coming off of injuries that ended their 2020 seasons.

While there are certainly examples of offensive linemen playing well into their mid-30's, statistically speaking a decline begins between the age of 29-32 for most offensive linemen and given the injury history, there is cause for concern for the Dallas offensive line.
Right .. and that doesn’t even take into account injury history.

Our OL could be a huge problem . Not likely they stay on the field which could hinder our offense which in turn prob blows the season. It is what it is. And we didn’t address it in off-season.
Oh well…

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Trying to talk out of both sides of your mouth now. I am relaxed and patient. You seem worried and triggered. Maybe it is a little uncomfortable walking around with a ‘Parsons is snake oil’ comment shoved somewhere sideways.
I've eaten crow before. It's no big deal, not that it's going to happen again. You are making a bigger deal of this than it is.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Our OL could be a huge problem . Not likely they stay on the field which could hinder our offense which in turn prob blows the season. It is what it is. And we didn’t address it in off-season.
Oh well…

What should make many nervous is if Tyron Smith gets injured again Dak, coming off an injury himself, loses his All-Pro LT and creates an 'open season' to Dak's blindside.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What should make many nervous is if Tyron Smith gets injured again Dak, coming off an injury himself, loses his All-Pro LT and creates an 'open season' to Dak's blindside.
Which is a great possibility. Not sure when his last full season was ? It’s not much better on the other side.

And we are fools without a veteran backup.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Which is a great possibility. Not sure when his last full season was ? It’s not much better on the other side.

And we are fools without a veteran backup.

Tyron Smith Games missed by season:

2011: 0
2012: 1
2013: 0
2014: 0
2015: 0
2016: 3
2017: 3
2018: 3
2019: 3
2020: 14

So while missing 3 games each season from 2016-2019 may not seem like a lot and some will say 2020 was a fluke, his injuries centered around his knee, back, and groin during the earlier missed games but last season dealt with a cervical neck fracture which (when paired with the back) go directly towards the wear and tear of his position and obviously opens him up for injury again in 2021.

Throw in the fact that RT Collins missed the season due to a hip and groin injury (after reporting to camp very overweight) and Dak's outside protectors are not the strongest of pillars. In addition, Zack Martin missed zero games between 2014-2017 as well as 2019 but missed 2 games in 2018 and 6 games in 2020.

basel90

Reaction score
Good post. Our issues lie in the whole team, although I am not sure you covered the coaching adequately. We have mismanaged plays and personnel on the sidelines too.

Sure...Dak has numbers, that's fine. But he has some critical errors too that don't pile up like passing yards...but can mean more on the bottom line.
Very true . Coaching and the defense , and talent acquisition have been the main issues . But at some stage , Dak as the 2nd highest paid QB ever , will have to will the team to win .

Hadenough

Reaction score

If this team is going to win anything they better get the run game going. I remember every time Aikman passed for 300 yards the team would lose. I want to see the online getting a good push on the goal line with Zeke running through to score.

Hadenough

Reaction score

Oh well…
I think the Cowboys had to address the defense in the draft but your right about this o line. Guarantee Tyron is hurt or struggling after 10 games. That extra game at the end of the season is going to be tougher on the older players or even a guy like Zeke if they over use him.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I was just taking him at his word that you are constantly dumping on Dak. If you say that's not true then fine but I definitely see how it could be true. You are certainly obsessed with when I called Parsons snake oil. You are constantly poking me about it.
Poking you about it, you went on for weeks about how Parsons is a bust... :facepalm:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys had to address the defense in the draft but your right about this o line. Guarantee Tyron is hurt or struggling after 10 games. That extra game at the end of the season is going to be tougher on the older players or even a guy like Zeke if they over use him.
and why I constantly harp on time n=management ,, the extended season doesnt drastically alter the game but needs to be taken seriously to manage player over exposure, and if that means rostering a capable RB3
in order to keep Zeke ready to run strong when this offense needs him the most, than roster that RB3,, FBs on this roster have been a waste of space, and not because some werent talented recently... leave Moose out of this,,, HOF FB
Im talking recent history we carry a FB that has virtually no other roll than on special teams,, that can be replaced and upgraded.
Just going to be interesting how we stash players on the PS this season,,, lots of back end talent to evaluate.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Poking you about it, you went on for weeks about how Parsons is a bust...
To be clear, I said the ridiculous sales job we were being given on Parsons was snake oil. I never said he was snake oil. But you've twisted my words for weeks. I'm not sold on him, for sure. He could turn out to be okay but until he earns the star, I'm not saying good things about him.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
To be clear, I said the ridiculous sales job we were being given on Parsons was snake oil. I never said he was snake oil. But you've twisted my words for weeks. I'm not sold on him, for sure. He could turn out to be okay but until he earns the star, I'm not saying good things about him.
I didnt twist your words, you dont need any help from me doing that all by yourself.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You did! You keep saying I call Parsons snake oil. That's not what I said.
Now you even get posts mixed up,,, wasnt me bro.
Just because the search feature is virtually non existent in this house, does not mean the regulars that hang here have bad memory.
Maybe you do though

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Now you even get posts mixed up,,, wasnt me bro.
Just because the search feature is virtually non existent in this house, does not mean the regulars that hang here have bad memory.
Maybe you do though
You're right, that was @ninja. My bad.