Dak has the most games with over 400 yrds since 2016

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Propaganda? We are talking about a comment a person made and admits to. It is a 100% irrefutable fact that he said Parsons is snake oil.

What are you talking about? I have no idea.
I was making a generalization . A broad stroke . It had nothing to do with your post. What and who you were responding sparked my thought.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I said the offense struggled early. And getting off to slow starts offensively is an issue. But ultimately in the NFL giving up 40 points a game isn’t winning many.

At some point the defense needs to make some stops.

We can all agree the defense early on in 2020 was horrible and gave up too many points just like I think we can agree that relying on Dak to be a pass happy statistics QB does not equal a winning formula. Dallas as an organization needs to refocus on a sound defense and a more well balanced offense with a better emphasis on the running game, especially when the defense is not up to standards.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak pass attempts by year, increase from year prior, and team record:

2016: 459 attempts (0) 13 wins 3 losses

2017: 490 attempts (+31) 9 wins 7 losses

2018: 526 attempts (+36) 10 wins 6 losses

2019: 596 attempts (+70) 8 wins 8 losses

2020: 222 attempts (on pace for 704 based on per game average) 2 wins 3 losses

Again, the more Dak is throwing does not equate to team success. You can point the finger at Jerry Jones and the coaches for building around Dak and the passing game but the bottom line is Dak is a far better QB for the TEAM when he is not passing for statistics.
I’d definitely agree with this. More passing attempts dont equate to team success. It’s a reflection of poor defenses, getting behind early , aborting the run, etc.

There used to be a very telling stat in NFL that few teams won games when attempting 50 or more passes a game. That might be skewed now in pass happy era?

But no doubt our offense and Dak are more effective when pounding the rock. Same with Romo. It controlled TOP and kept our defense off the field.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak pass attempts by year, increase from year prior, and team record:

2016: 459 attempts (0) 13 wins 3 losses

2017: 490 attempts (+31) 9 wins 7 losses

2018: 526 attempts (+36) 10 wins 6 losses

2019: 596 attempts (+70) 8 wins 8 losses

2020: 222 attempts (on pace for 704 based on per game average) 2 wins 3 losses

Again, the more Dak is throwing does not equate to team success. You can point the finger at Jerry Jones and the coaches for building around Dak and the passing game but the bottom line is Dak is a far better QB for the TEAM when he is not passing for statistics.
2016-2018 was the best version of Dak and the success proves that. We would've made the playoffs in 2017 also if Zeke wasn't suspended 6 games.

If we go back to that style I have no doubt we can compete for a Super Bowl.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I was making a generalization . A broad stroke . It had nothing to do with your post. What and who you were responding sparked my thought.

Well, don’t make a broad sweeping generalization if you have no clue what you are talking about and can’t even get the main fact right.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We can all agree the defense early on in 2020 was horrible and gave up too many points just like I think we can agree that relying on Dak to be a pass happy statistics QB does not equal a winning formula. Dallas as an organization needs to refocus on a sound defense and a more well balanced offense with a better emphasis on the running game, especially when the defense is not up to standards.
Yep

But until we are able to meet those task then unfortunately Dak passing is better than running 3 downs and punting. Then watching opponent run thru our defense.

Our defense and inability to run more effective is not all on Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, don’t make a broad sweeping generalization if you have no clue what you are talking about and can’t even get the main fact right.
I was actually referring more to fans like the one you were responding to continuing their propaganda without factual data. Not yours. I just didn’t want to respond to his.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The bigger problem most don’t want to discuss is that defense hasn’t always been a priority with our ownership this era.

Our Mgmt still appears to believe that it was the Triplets who won those rings. Not realizing we had top defenses as well.

Or he’s just more interesting in staying relevant appealing to fringe and fantasy fans to generate revenue.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yep

But until we are able to meet those task then unfortunately Dak passing is better than running 3 downs and punting. Then watching opponent run thru our defense.

Our defense and inability to run more effective is not all on Dak.

Sadly I am uncertain that can be achieved anytime soon seeing as how the defense is several years away from improving but by then the offensive line will need to be rebuilt.

Looking at the 2021 salary cap spending you can see the disparity:

Offense $125M (ranks 2nd in NFL)

Defense $81.9M (ranks 21st in NFL)

S/T's $5.5M (ranks 16th in NFL)

Further breakdown shows Dallas ranked 8th in QB spending, 1st in running back spending, and 4th in wide receiver spending. So Dallas has made the decision to emphasize the offensive skill position in terms of spending and we can see what the results have been recently.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How does one slither away from a comment? How does one erase on the internet? I want to throw stones in my glass house.
Relax and have some damn patience, If you are so sure about your boy, Parsons, he'll pan out. I'm talking about being a pro bowler not just being a starter. I've predicted on another thread he'll be the only rookie that is a starter.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sadly I am uncertain that can be achieved anytime soon seeing as how the defense is several years away from improving but by then the offensive line will need to be rebuilt.

Looking at the 2021 salary cap spending you can see the disparity:

Offense $125M (ranks 2nd in NFL)

Defense $81.9M (ranks 21st in NFL)

S/T's $5.5M (ranks 16th in NFL)

Further breakdown shows Dallas ranked 8th in QB spending, 1st in running back spending, and 4th in wide receiver spending. So Dallas has made the decision to emphasize the offensive skill position in terms of spending and we can see what the results have been recently.
Id have to agree on the most part.

Our OL is already showing major signs of deteriorating along with injuries. And in Cap era you simply can’t pay top money to all key positions at the same time in QB, RB and WR.

None of which equates to prolonged success. Our best hope now is our OL stays healthy, our key offensive cap heavy stars perform at a high level and our defensive draft picks develop quickly. Which I wouldn’t bet it all comes together.

Unfortunately this offensive heavy juggernaut will keep us relative generating revenue and interest for our frikin owner.

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo was 0-5 in games in threw for 400+ yards which further solidifies my point that heavily passing does not equate to wins. As for playing from behind, if a QB is not performing in the first 2 to 3 quarters of a game a defense can only hold on so long before they start getting steamrolled. Yes, part of that is on game planning but if you look at Dak's pass attempts in his career they have increased substantially which may add to his personal stats but is not helping team success. To win you of course need a quality defense but you also have to have a well balanced offense but just looking at trades and drafts Dallas clearly has become too focused on the passing game.

PS

Even Patrick Mahomes is only 3-2 in games he passes for 400+ yards and Aaron Rodgers is 6-3 in games he passed for 400+ yards so while it may be good for fantasy football it is not typically good for team success.

I agree again if you are throwing that much chances are your defense is not doing anything to stop your opponent and you are forced to play from behind. I think for some all these Dak post are just a means to attack a player. I'm interested in winning and I know for this team or any team to win it will take an entire team effort on both sides of the ball.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Relax and have some damn patience, If you are so sure about your boy, Parsons, he'll pan out. I'm talking about being a pro bowler not just being a starter. I've predicted on another thread he'll be the only rookie that is a starter.

Trying to talk out of both sides of your mouth now. I am relaxed and patient. You seem worried and triggered. Maybe it is a little uncomfortable walking around with a ‘Parsons is snake oil’ comment shoved somewhere sideways.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Since Kellen Moore took over we have become too pass heavy for my liking, and the teams success has clearly suffered for it.

We had back up QBs playing the majority of the season last year and Zeke only had TWO MORE carries then he did the season in which he was suspended 6 games. TWO MORE! That is just uncalled for and ridiculous.

It helps when defense is not giving up points and frankly given the problems with the OL is it hard to run when there are few holes to run through. You find yourself falling behind 2 or 3 score and you will not make that up by running the ball. I want to run but when you run your defense can't then turn around and give up quick points. All teams will start going pass heavy when they fall behind, after all they are not only playing against the opponent you are playing against the game clock and do not have time to have long drives to get back into the game.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Yea in 3 of those 4 early losses we gave 39, 38 and 40 points.

I don’t suppose anyone identifies our defense might be a bigger problem? Lol

Does Dak have some flaws and concerns for us. Of course but not our major issue.

The offense gifted Atlanta 21-24 points off turnovers, gifted Seattle 14 points off turnovers. I can’t remember if there were any points off turnovers at Cleveland. I think the offense went something like two quarters with 0 points.

The Atlanta and Seattle defenses were at least as bad as the Cowboy defense, and probably worse. I don’t think the Cleveland defense was much better than the Cowboy defense. They relied on their run game to keep the defense off the field.