Dak has the most games with over 400 yrds since 2016

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't think is a polarizing as you say.
Now what we have are a few...vocal cells....that go on and on. 30 pages make sit look like the whole forum is fighting...lol? But like most things and people....the vast majority feel Dak is "good" or "adequate". It might not satisfy the far dak wingers and their crusade to convince everyone else of their "extreme" opinion...but it probably most accurately describes how most people feel...and really where we stand as a team.

I suppose the best thing to do for someone such as yourself...is just stay out of Dak threads? Would be impossible to separate the lovebirds of your two groups.
Do you think labeling our QB with religious overtones “ Dak 666” is acceptable in an Avatar?

And I’m not totally suggesting we separate them. Just throw them in one bottomless pit all to themselves. Which we did on the old Dallas Cowboys forum with Romo.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You ‘definitely see how it could be true.’ You also see Parsons as snake oil. You said it yourself and even doubled-down on it when confronted with proper derision and ridicule.

Ever think that you don’t see things correctly? Maybe you need some new glasses. Or, whatever is processing what you are seeing isn’t working properly.
When I'm proven wrong I fess up. I won't do it until then. Parsons has done nothing to prove me wrong. Your obsession over this is really creepy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
....and in those games that Dak passed for more than 400 yards here is his year by year record:

2016: 0 Wins 0 Losses

2017: 0 Wins 0 Losses

2018: 1 Win 0 Losses

2019: 2 Wins 1 Loss

2020: 1 Win 2 Losses

So Dak's record when throwing for 400+ yards is 4 Wins and 3 Losses, a total of 7 games. Therefore I am not sure the purpose of this thread as clearly Dak throwing for 400+ yards doesn't equate to a great winning percentage and not sure why you even included 2016 & 2017 as he had ZERO games throwing over 400 yards.

PS

Jameis Winston has a career total of 4 games of 400+ yards passing wherein his record in those games is 2 Wins and 2 Losses so statistically speaking does that mean Dak (winning % of .571 in games where he threw for 400+ yards) is just .071 percentage points better than Winston (winning % of .500 in games where he threw for 400+ yards)??????

all it tells me is defense is unable to stop the opponent and we are playing from behind. If you look at 400 plus yard games when Romo was here we were not faring well either.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
all it tells me is defense is unable to stop the opponent and we are playing from behind. If you look at 400 plus yard games when Romo was here we were not faring well either.
Had to look it up. 0-5 with Romo. Didn't realize we never won when Romo went over 400.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Romo was 0-5 in games in threw for 400+ yards which further solidifies my point that heavily passing does not equate to wins. As for playing from behind, if a QB is not performing in the first 2 to 3 quarters of a game a defense can only hold on so long before they start getting steamrolled. Yes, part of that is on game planning but if you look at Dak's pass attempts in his career they have increased substantially which may add to his personal stats but is not helping team success. To win you of course need a quality defense but you also have to have a well balanced offense but just looking at trades and drafts Dallas clearly has become too focused on the passing game.

PS

Even Patrick Mahomes is only 3-2 in games he passes for 400+ yards and Aaron Rodgers is 6-3 in games he passed for 400+ yards so while it may be good for fantasy football it is not typically good for team success.

Last edited:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The majority of your posts are crapping on Dak. You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

You dropped the word vast. Now you are at majority. Why don’t you go check? And what percentage is majority?

Dak is the big topic here. Been that way for months especially, and for 5 years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea in 3 of those 4 early losses we gave 39, 38 and 40 points.

I don’t suppose anyone identifies our defense might be a bigger problem? Lol

Does Dak have some flaws and concerns for us. Of course but not our major issue.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Romo was 0-5 in games in threw for 400+ yards which further solidifies my point that heavily passing does not equate to wins. As for playing from behind, if a QB is not performing in the first 2 to 3 quarters of a game a defense can only hold on so long before they start getting steamrolled. Yes, part of that is on game planning but if you look at Dak's pass attempts in his career they have increased substantially which may add to his personal stats but is not helping team success. To win you of course need a quality defense but you also have to have a well balanced offense but just looking at trades and drafts Dallas clearly has become too focused on the passing game.

PS

Even Patrick Mahomes is only 3-2 in games he passes for 400+ yards so while it may be good for fantasy football it is not good for team success.
Since Kellen Moore took over we have become too pass heavy for my liking, and the teams success has clearly suffered for it.

We had back up QBs playing the majority of the season last year and Zeke only had TWO MORE carries then he did the season in which he was suspended 6 games. TWO MORE! That is just uncalled for and ridiculous.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not surprised

That's what a good qb with no defense does.

Idiots blaming Dak when they should be blaming Jerry Jones

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The reason we’ve had to abort the running game is we fall behind cause our defense has suked it up. And our offense has struggles early in some of these games as well.

But when you give up 38-49 points a game when our offense puts up 30 our defense is obviously bigger issue.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
When I'm proven wrong I fess up. I won't do it until then. Parsons has done nothing to prove me wrong. Your obsession over this is really creepy.

How does one slither away from a comment? How does one erase on the internet? I want to throw stones in my glass house.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How does one slither away from a comment? How does one erase on the internet? I want to throw stones in my glass house.
Basically that’s propaganda opinions. Keep throwing up BS until he thinks he’s proven wrong. That’s what’s wrong with our society now. We can’t agree on the facts or spin them to support our Agendas.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yea in 3 of those 4 early losses we gave 39, 38 and 40 points.

I don’t suppose anyone identifies our defense might be a bigger problem? Lol

Does Dak have some flaws and concerns for us. Of course but not our major issue.

Yes, the defense was horrible and gave up a lot of points no doubt. However, in those games Dallas trailed 29-10 at the half (ATL), 30-15 early in the 3rd quarter (SEA), and 41-14 to start the 4th quarter (CLE) so you could argue that the defense was constantly on the field because the offense was failing to perform in the 1st half+ in those games.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't believe Dak is the type of QB that thrives in a pass heavy offense.

I believe he is better suited to be in a more balance/run based type of offense. That's where we've seen him and the team have the most success so far.

I believe he is much more of a Ryan Tannehill type than a Patrick Mahomes type. There's nothing wrong with that. You have to play to Daks strengths, just like Andy Reid plays to Mahomes strengths.

We can 100% win a Super Bowl with Dak as the QB, but he has to be used the right way, and not try and make him something he just isn't.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You dropped the word vast. Now you are at majority. Why don’t you go check? And what percentage is majority?

Dak is the big topic here. Been that way for months especially, and for 5 years.
Vast majority. So hate on, it’s what you do.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Since Kellen Moore took over we have become too pass heavy for my liking, and the teams success has clearly suffered for it.

We had back up QBs playing the majority of the season last year and Zeke only had TWO MORE carries then he did the season in which he was suspended 6 games. TWO MORE! That is just uncalled for and ridiculous.
You obviously don’t realize that all the passing is because they’re behind all the time and less running for the same reason.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, the defense was horrible and gave up a lot of points no doubt. However, in those games Dallas trailed 29-10 at the half (ATL), 30-15 early in the 3rd quarter (SEA), and 41-14 to start the 4th quarter (CLE) so you could argue that the defense was constantly on the field because the offense was failing to perform in the 1st half+ in those games.
I said the offense struggled early. And getting off to slow starts offensively is an issue. But ultimately in the NFL giving up 40 points a game isn’t winning many.

At some point the defense needs to make some stops.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Basically that’s propaganda opinions. Keep throwing up BS until he thinks he’s proven wrong. That’s what’s wrong with our society now. We can’t agree on the facts or spin them to support our Agendas.

Propaganda? We are talking about a comment a person made and admits to. It is a 100% irrefutable fact that he said Parsons is snake oil.

What are you talking about? I have no idea.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I don't believe Dak is the type of QB that thrives in a pass heavy offense.

I believe he is better suited to be in a more balance/run based type of offense. That's where we've seen him and the team have the most success so far.

I believe he is much more of a Ryan Tannehill type than a Patrick Mahomes type. There's nothing wrong with that. You have to play to Daks strengths, just like Andy Reid plays to Mahomes strengths.

We can 100% win a Super Bowl with Dak as the QB, but he has to be used the right way, and not try and make him something he just isn't.

Dak pass attempts by year, increase from year prior, and team record:

2016: 459 attempts (0) 13 wins 3 losses

2017: 490 attempts (+31) 9 wins 7 losses

2018: 526 attempts (+36) 10 wins 6 losses

2019: 596 attempts (+70) 8 wins 8 losses

2020: 222 attempts (on pace for 704 based on per game average) 2 wins 3 losses

Again, the more Dak is throwing does not equate to team success. You can point the finger at Jerry Jones and the coaches for building around Dak and the passing game but the bottom line is Dak is a far better QB for the TEAM when he is not passing for statistics.