Dak hasn't delivered. Why pay him another dime?

BigD_95

Reaction score
Agreed. If Dak hasn't done it by now, then he is 99% likely to never get it done no matter how much he gets paid.

I agree.

Well actually he has a better chance to win a ring if he took vet minimum and Dallas was able to load up the team and pay another QB to start. Then he can get a ring holding a clipboard.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Exactly this.

He has no leverage over Dallas.
He has no leverage over any NFL team until next March. For now he’s stuck with the Cowboys. The Cowboys are not stuck with him, though. Why is he still with the Cowboys? Who has decided we want to continue with this guy on the roster who, at $29 million for the season is paid more than any two Cowboys combined in 2024? Why does the team steadfastly hold onto to him if he is unable to ultimately be successful? What is the hold up embarking on a future without Dak Prescott as the starting quarterback?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Jerry Jones will make a run at signing Dak...the irony is the ones that want him gone are hoping Dak wises up and leaves Jerry..thats how it can happy...Jerry wants Dak because he feels Dak is his doing. You would think people here would understand how Jerry thinks by now. "Dak is the best QB in the league" Jerry needs this to be true.....its his guy. Think Jason garrett but with more regular season wins to help Jerry's argument..

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This thread is a good demonstration in how the troll cabal works both sides. It is not about a side winning, It is about getting responses.

Scarcity was a concept most of us were introduced to in 7th grade in Texas.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Cousins is older and has done less. one of the absolute most over rated QBs ever.

this is cousins last run and last chance to make money and then he is in back up role making 3-5M year until he can't walk any more.

and that was the market for Cousins.

the market for Dak is different. and the way we find out, is we let Dak walk and somebody else signing him. its not about your perception and assessment. its about NFL teams assessment and perception which are often not aligned with fans perception.

and as you have observed, every new contract goes up. Lawrence just reset the market, and the next one will reset it again. Burrow being elite got his 55M contract last year.
Hurts got a 51M average, jackson went to 52, Goff to 53, lawrence to 55 (is he as good as Burrow? nowhere close).
so the next contract is going to push it up again.

its the dang QB market.
You didn't answer my question. What would YOU do? Pay him Lawrence money or Cousins money?

I admittedly have no idea what the market would pay for Dak as a FA next year. I would absolutely love to find out. Not because I just want him gone, but because it is a fascinating dynamic that in my opinion could very easily go either way. If I had to pick one, gun to my head, I'd wager Dak doesn't get the Lawrence, Burrows, Herbert deal. I would love to see what the guys whose jobs depend on getting it right would do.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He has no leverage over any NFL team until next March. For now he’s stuck with the Cowboys. The Cowboys are not stuck with him, though. Why is he still with the Cowboys? Who has decided we want to continue with this guy on the roster who, at $29 million for the season is paid more than any two Cowboys combined in 2024? Why does the team steadfastly hold onto to him if he is unable to ultimately be successful? What is the hold up embarking on a future without Dak Prescott as the starting quarterback?
It’s pretty simple.

He has a no trade clause and is owed a lot of money for one last year.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Show me a current Cowboys player that has consistently shown up in the playoffs and why pay any of them another dime?

There's an organizational problem here. Some of y'all won't realize it until Dak is gone and the same problems remain. Just as they have since Jan. 28, 1996.
Another weak excuse from the lemmings . The Cowboys have been in position to win many times over the past 10 years . But somehow when Dak beats up Chumps in the regular season, it's the MVP ! When Chokota stinks it up in the playoff with his doe eye , " Man the Jones boys stink ! "

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Another weak excuse from the lemmings . The Cowboys have been in position to win many times over the past 10 years . But somehow when Dak beats up Chumps in the regular season, it's the MVP ! When Chokota stinks it up in the playoff with his doe eye , " Man the Jones boys stink ! "

and before Dak...hard to blame Dak for the 20 years before he was here...Man the Jones boys DO stink...but they love fans like you.."Tell'em Honolulu, ive been doing my job its these damn players...i gotta look into who is bringing these sucky players in!" it would take a special mirro for Jerry to be able to lay the blame for the last 28 years on others seeing as he is in charge "From Jocks to socks" thats straight from his own mouth.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
The next two or three guys we get won’t either but I would be happy to see us not make the playoffs the next 5 years to shut people up on this site who think you can just draft a guy and you will win the Super Bowl. Evidence doesn’t prove that. None of you even know what college QB you can get where we draft so you know less than Jerry. I’m not a huge Dak fan but losing him won’t guarantee An SB just like a GM won’t. Everyone on here blames two people and think things will immediately get better. Who is your QB next year? Unless you name names, I can’t take you any more seriously than Jerry. I know college QBs so give me names.
So going 12-5 or 11-6 and getting thumped in round 1 , is better than going 5-12 or 6-11 and drafting higher ?

Man, what are we gonna do when we can't draft 26-30th anymore ??

:facepalm:

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
and before Dak...hard to blame Dak for the 20 years before he was here...Man the Jones boys DO stink...but they love fans like you.."Tell'em Honolulu, ive been doing my job its these damn players...i gotta look into who is bringing these sucky players in!" it would take a special mirro for Jerry to be able to lay the blame for the last 28 years on others seeing as he is in charge "From Jocks to socks" thats straight from his own mouth.
So the Jones boys changed the catch rule ? Or did the Jones boys cause Dak to choke ?? Its easy to pin failure on others when clearly your boy toy blows

the BL is they have put out competitive teams , tell me they havent ?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So going 12-5 or 11-6 and getting thumped in round 1 , is better than going 5-12 or 6-11 and drafting higher ?

Man, what are we gonna do when we can't draft 26-30th anymore ??

:facepalm:
again try and keep a straight face while your asking Jerry to "Get it right this time"..if we have seen enough of Dak in 8 years what does this say about Jerry's 30 years?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So the Jones boys changed the catch rule ? Or did the Jones boys cause Dak to choke ?? Its easy to pin failure on others when clearly your boy toy blows

the BL is they have put out competitive teams , tell me they havent ?
yes when your pinned please start the slander...it always works..diference between you and I is i could care less who the QB is because if we are still gonna do it "Jerry's way" it doesnt matter.. you on the other hand are still down for rearranging deck chairs on the titanic....

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Let’s replace every player on the team who hasn’t delivered.
Let’s wipe Romo and every player who has played for the Cowboys since 1995 from the record books because none of them delivered. The Cowboys have paid over 200 million per season for players and coaches who have not delivered. Why are they still being paid at all. If they cannot win a Super Bowl, what good are they? We might as well rebuild the team every 4-5 years. If they don’t deliver on their first contract, why give them a second? That goes for Lamb and Parsons too. What has either of them done in the playoffs while collecting millions. I just don’t understand it.

I laugh at all the clowns who buy Cowboys jerseys over the years, spending huge money to wear the jersey of a player who hasn’t won a Super Bowl or even played in a conference championship. What a bunch of losers.
Ok, lets only cheer for out team if they win the SB ....:huh:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It’s pretty simple.

He has a no trade clause and is owed a lot of money for one last year.
Wrong. He can be cut and no more money would go from the Dallas Cowboys to any of Dak Prescott’s accounts. All guaranteed monies on his contract have long since been paid. He is owed nothing except a game check for each game he is on the Cowboys’ 53 man roster In 2024. (all 17 games would total $29 million). It’s pretty simple, he is still on the Cowboys’ roster for another reason.