Dak hasn't delivered. Why pay him another dime?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Wrong. He can be cut and no more money would go from the Dallas Cowboys to any of Dak Prescott’s accounts. All guaranteed monies on his contract have long since been paid. He is owed nothing except a game check for each game he is on the Cowboys’ 53 man roster In 2024. (all 17 games would total $29 million). It’s pretty simple, he is still on the Cowboys’ roster for another reason.
They never answer this question for some reason lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Wrong. He can be cut and no more money would go from the Dallas Cowboys to any of Dak Prescott’s accounts. All guaranteed monies on his contract have long since been paid. He is owed nothing except a game check for each game he is on the Cowboys’ 53 man roster In 2024. (all 17 games would total $29 million). It’s pretty simple, he is still on the Cowboys’ roster for another reason.
Dead cap is real, ya know?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think things like "theres a lot you dont get" should earn your criticism....thats an immature personal insult that has nothing to do with being a cowboys fan.

But you dont. Its ok.
That’s not an insult. There is a lot you don’t get about football. Don’t be so sensitive.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You didn't answer my question. What would YOU do? Pay him Lawrence money or Cousins money?

I admittedly have no idea what the market would pay for Dak as a FA next year. I would absolutely love to find out. Not because I just want him gone, but because it is a fascinating dynamic that in my opinion could very easily go either way. If I had to pick one, gun to my head, I'd wager Dak doesn't get the Lawrence, Burrows, Herbert deal. I would love to see what the guys whose jobs depend on getting it right would do.
I would move on. I don't think he can succeed in Dallas. I don't think any QB will succeed in Dallas. the way the team is structured. the culture. how Jerry runs the team.
so lets make Jerry richer and let him save his money.

I think the market will pay him 55-60M. that's where the market is. I think Dak gets at least 55M.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
When Dak got his last ridiculous contract, Cowboys fans were assured that he was going to deliver "rings".
Last year Tad Prescott stated that "Dak wants to bring them rings."
How long is the wait, and how many hundreds of millions of dollars should Dak be given for "rings", especially considering that in the last two seasons he has shut down in the playoffs like he did before his last huge payday!
So why should Jerry believe that giving Dak another dime will help the team?
How many hundreds of millions of dollars is it worth to see him choke every time the game gets too big?
The only way Prescott would be able to deliver a ring is as a matron of honor.

GINeric

Reaction score
When Dak got his last ridiculous contract, Cowboys fans were assured that he was going to deliver "rings".
How long is the wait, and how many hundreds of millions of dollars should Dak be given for "rings", especially considering that in the last two seasons he has shut down in the playoffs like he did before his last huge payday!
How many hundreds of millions of dollars is it worth to see him choke every time the game gets too big?

I absolutely agree. He hasn't delivered. Neither has any of our other big stars. So should we keep from paying them as well?? That means the stars on the offensive and defensive lines, linebackers, defensive backs, receivers....

Who on the team deserves to be paid because none of them have delivered, correct?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jerald might still harbor delusions that Dak will help win a Super Bowl and then everyone will consider the old guy a football guy.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Dead cap is real, ya know?
They have a real cap issue whether they keep him or not. So, the salary cap ramifications is not why Dak Prescott Is still with the team. The answer to the question why Dak is still with the Cowboys must lie elsewhere.